OT: Other Sports aka All of us are better at our jobs than the #Broncos OL Thread XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
DU hockey finally got a win tonight, knocking off Boston University 4-3.

That puts them at 1-2 on the year with another game against Boston tomorrow night.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I saw a stat where siemian was 1 for 10 on attempts over 10 yards.

Chet - there's definitely something to what you said. While the OLine was horrible the QB does have to make some throws to threaten the DBs. You have to push them off the under coverage routes. Alternatively Lynch was tremendous on his intermediate routes against Tampa Bay. It's a good argument for Paxton to start.

Siemian looked fine throwing deep against Cincy and pre injury vs Tampa. Last night was more about weak protection and game plan/play calling. Not to mention he's still not 100%.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
OK, I cannot decide. Delanie Walker vs Cleveland, or Jimmy Graham against Atlanta. I like Graham more, and vs. ATL it should be a shoot out. But Cleveland is just such an easy target. Help!

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
OK, I cannot decide. Delanie Walker vs Cleveland, or Jimmy Graham against Atlanta. I like Graham more, and vs. ATL it should be a shoot out. But Cleveland is just such an easy target. Help!

I am between Edelman and Graham for my flex. Going with Graham today!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Siemian looked fine throwing deep against Cincy and pre injury vs Tampa. Last night was more about weak protection and game plan/play calling. Not to mention he's still not 100%.

Siemian has the worst stats in the league in passes over 10 yards. It's a major concern. Teams are literally giving Siemian deep routes, because they know more often than not he isn't going to take the shot. This has been the knock on Siemian since day 1 of training camp, he is afraid to take shots deep. I understand protecting the ball, but the only way the Broncos will be successful is to go deep occasionally as then you back the DBs off the short routes. Right not DBs are just jumping the short routes, which also kills the running game as the DBs are closer to the line of scrimmage.

There was a play early in the San Diego game that would have changed the whole game. San Diego had already scored to make it 7-0, but the next drive Sanders was 6 steps behind all the defenders and Siemian missed the throw by a good 7 yards. Yes it was a deep ball but it was an easy throw due to how incredibly open Sanders was, all he had to do was get it close and Sanders probably walks into the end zone. He makes that play the game is totally different.

Siemian is a nice story but he is just a game manager, a Kyle Orton type player. The difference between him and Lynch is very negligible at this point in time. Both guys are going to have a rough go if our o-line plays like it has the past two game. Siemian will struggle because he just isn't a playmaker, and Lynch because at this point in his NFL career he hasn't figured out how to read all the blitzes and coverages. Both guys have their positives as well. Siemian is very good with the ball, he doesn't force throws so the ball isn't being turned over, but at the same time he really isn't making a ton of plays either. Lynch has a huge arm that can very easily back defenses off a bit, but is more of a gunslinger who might turn the ball over a bit.

It's a tough call on who should start at this point. It's pretty clear to me that we aren't going to win a Super Bowl this season with either of these guys and our putrid offensive line. I won't say never, but I put the chances at under 5%, a lot would have to go right. Since this is the case, my thought would be to just let Lynch get the reps as he is the guy you drafted to be the man moving forward. He is going to have rookie moments, but he brings more upside to the table.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
A lot has to go right for any team to win the Super Bowl, if Miami loses to NE on the last of the season last year instead of vice versa the Broncos play the AFC Championship game in NE and probably lose. 5% seems like such an arbitrary number.

On a different note...sure looks like we broke the Panthers.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Heartbreaking loss @ Boise last night for CSU.

Frustrating how they can take Boise and Minnesota to the limit on the road and then get blown out in two rivalry games, one at home and one on a neutral field.

Anyway, it turns out Colin Kaepernick is still a garbage tier quarterback. Super shocking, said nobody who has watched him play after his fluke Suoer Bowl run on a team full of All Pros.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Romo is intriguing. I still think that Elway should be calling up everyone trying to get a offensive lineman but getting Romo seems like a very Elway thing to do...

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Wow they are grilling Osweiler on Sunday night Football. Houstons going to really regret giving him all that cash.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't dislike Brock. Who could blame him for taking that kind of money?
I just don't think he's a very good QB.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Speaking of which, I bet Tony Romo's available soon.

This has already been mentioned a couple of times, but he wouldn't last 2 weeks behind Denver's OL. Heck, Dallas has arguably the best OL in the league, and Romo can't stay healthy behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad