OT: Other Sports aka All of us are better at our jobs than the #Broncos OL Thread XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

Talk about Trevor Siemian here
Talk about Rockies young talent here
Talk about Nuggets Euro bigs here
Talk about Buffs and Rams and Falcons here

Last edited:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
And guess who the longest tenured Broncos is now.

I assume it's someone like DT or Von.

Prepared for another year of boring offense. I'm guessing Lynch gets in there around week 9 or 10.

chris harris? virgil green?

I know the answer, I won't say.

I think lynch gets in by week 5.

I'd guess DT - IIRC, he got drafted the year before Miller.

Wonder if they'll now move Sanchez to Minnesota.

I managed to make it through the Kyle Orton Era of offense, I can stomach whatever the Broncos roll out this year.

Going with DT

hey dude, Orton was stellar for the first 6 games of the season in 2008-9:nod:

It wasn't Orton's fault McDaniels torpedoed the zone blocking running attack and tried to go pass-heavy in an offense with a mediocre quarterback, no tight end play to speak of, and suspect pass protection.

Orton wasn't good but neither was he the reason we were losing.

Wasn't McDaniels the reason we traded Scheffler who was actually playing really well at the time as well? don't really remember why we traded him to be fair.

4 char

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
McDaniels was the reason we traded Sheffler as well as Peyton Hillis who, before getting injuries repeatedly had two great seasons in Cleveland. Even made the cover of madden.

McDaniels still did a lot of good things for us. Drafted Demaryius Thomas over Dez Bryant. Lol

So yeah. DT is the longest tenured Bronco by a significant margin actually.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Orton wasn't a bad QB (he was a perfectly good career backup) nor was he a bad guy. But that was kind of the problem. Had he been a bad QB or a headcase he wouldn't have hung around for so long. I just couldn't stand watching him play. And it's pretty clear his teammates couldn't either, because their quality of play reflected a widespread malaise on both sides of the ball that extended well past the departure of McDoofus. It took a guy who is currently trying his hand at minor-league baseball to re-energize the team because they had gotten so languid under Orton.

So, yes, McDoofus sucked ridiculously bad, but Orton played an inherently unwatchable game no matter who the coach was.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I actually saw the Rockies today, good game. PERFECT weather in Denver today. Good god I love fall around these parts.

I still hate that Cutler trade. I know he's not the greatest and we probably wouldn't have ended up with manning but I was so pissed then and still don't like it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So just how bad has Mark Sanchez been in camp and preseason? It pains me to even ask this but it's desperate times for Vikings fans.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I don't think Sanchez was much worse than Seimian if at all. Siemian is young enough where he can still improve and Sanchez is what he is at this point. Lynch didn't beat out Sanchez, there is just no point in having two mediocre qbs ahead of him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Seriously though, with the way coaches get recycled in the league, isn't it kinda shocking nobody has hired mcdaniels at this point?

I think it's something of a combo between two things:

A) No team wants to give him the type of control he had in Denver (and who knows if he would want it...for instance, Chip Kelly says he didn't/doesn't want it in SF after having it his last year in PHI).

B) Maybe he is happy in NE and doesn't want to leave.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The Big 12 has narrowed its list of expansion candidates to at least 12 schools, sources told ESPN's Brett McMurphy and Jake Trotter.

The 12 schools are: Air Force, BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Colorado State, UConn, Houston, Rice, South Florida, SMU, Temple and Tulane.

While at least a dozen schools made the cut, several others did not, including Arkansas State, Boise State, East Carolina, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, San Diego State and UNLV, sources said.

ESPN could not confirm if Memphis, which was also under consideration by the league, made the cut.

As part of the next step in the process, representatives from each school will make in-person presentations to Big 12 officials in Dallas next week, sources said.

Sources have said that it's "becoming less and less likely" that the league would expand to 14 teams. The most likely scenario is the Big 12 stays at 10 teams or adds only two schools for a 12-team league with two six-team divisions, sources said.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ws-list-expansion-candidates-least-12-schools

I'd like CSU's chances a lot if they were to go to 14 teams... 12, I'm not so sure.

I'm going to guess that the league wants to expand its footprint, so I tend to doubt any of the other Texas schools will get in. Baylor, TCU, Texas, and Tech are probably enough.

I feel like Cincinnati has a good shot. Maybe a Florida school.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ws-list-expansion-candidates-least-12-schools

I'd like CSU's chances a lot if they were to go to 14 teams... 12, I'm not so sure.

I'm going to guess that the league wants to expand its footprint, so I tend to doubt any of the other Texas schools will get in. Baylor, TCU, Texas, and Tech are probably enough.

I feel like Cincinnati has a good shot. Maybe a Florida school.

It has little to do with expanding their footprints, it's all about what market you can bring to us. This is why CSU probably has little chance of making the Big 12.

Houston is almost a shoo-in because that is a huge market that the big 12 would love to get their hands on, that leaves 1 spot available. SMU makes a lot of sense with them being in Dallas, plus they'd have natural rivals with TCU and Baylor, South Florida makes some sense as they'd bring the Tampa market, Cinny makes sense, even Temple makes sense as they are located in Philly.

As for CSU, they just don't have a ton to offer, cant really say they'd bring the Denver market as CU seems to dominate that market (I'd say at least a 70/30 split in favor of CU, if not more), Northern Colorado markets are fairly small, they'd don't bring a winning tradition in really in sport, their facilities are getting better with the addition of the new football stadium, but overall they are pretty bad, especially in comparison to other Big 12 schools. CSU is just kind a mid level program that has the occasional good years in sports, but more often than not they are just kinda average.

I'd love to see either Air Force or CSU make it to the Big 12 as it would be nice to have a 2nd program in a power 5 conference, but at this point in time I just don't really see it as a realistic possibility unless they are looking for major expansion.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
McDaniels was the reason we traded Sheffler as well as Peyton Hillis who, before getting injuries repeatedly had two great seasons in Cleveland. Even made the cover of madden.

McDaniels still did a lot of good things for us. Drafted Demaryius Thomas over Dez Bryant. Lol

So yeah. DT is the longest tenured Bronco by a significant margin actually.

The Broncos have only 2 players 30 or over on the entire preseason roster - Ware and Talib (who is 30).

The Avalanche have 7 players 30 or over. Which team is rebuilding again? :laugh:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The rookie Punter has had a bad night. Paxton has looked ok. 2nd-3rd team defense...yikes.

In fairness it was mainly 3rd string defense, but it was hideous.

Really Dixon only had one awful punt which is unacceptable. The commentators can ***** about the laces being the wrong way on McManus's missed FG, but to me that falls more on the kicker than the holder, not every hold is going to be 100% perfect you still got to make your kicks if the ball gets placed. But on the plus side after the one awful kick he had 4 decent punts that averaged 43 yards a kick which is what Colquitt averaged last season, and also had a nice punt that ended in a fair catch on the 9 yard line. So hopefully he can just continue to get better, he was probably a bit nervous tonight after getting the job handed to him after not really winning it. That's a lot of pressure to perform, I mean it's not his fault that Elway and Colquitt couldn't come to an acceptable deal so I'm rooting for him to do well.

Paxton in my opinion was fine, once again not his fault that the offensive line couldn't block a high schooler. Even Alfred Williams made a comment about how pathetic the o-line was. Every time Paxton got some time to throw he made a decent throw. When there was a d-lineman in his grill a half second after hiking the ball he struggled, just like anyone would. You have to give the QB a reasonable amount of time to run the play, which the o-line just couldn't do. The interception was 100% on the offensive line. Due to the crappy blocking we were forced to start running quick plays to get the ball out quickly, the Cardinals caught on to that, and just started jumping all the short routes, and got the interception. There are for sure things Paxton can work on, but overall it wasn't a half bad game, and you can see the talent the guy has.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
One thing Pax has over the most recent QB fans secretly wondered if it would be worth slapping ice skates on: he can evade the rush and leg out a play.

Lynch's preseason is so Madden. try and sneak as many meaningless reps in as you can to hike his rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad