OT: Other Sports aka All of us are better at our jobs than the #Broncos OL Thread XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Asking price is hard to assess for Romo, since he's damaged goods.

Dallas will probably want more than a pick since they are playing so well.

Could see something around Ware + conditional mid-round pick.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
This has already been mentioned a couple of times, but he wouldn't last 2 weeks behind Denver's OL. Heck, Dallas has arguably the best OL in the league, and Romo can't stay healthy behind them.

Don't forget the part where he's a massive choke artist.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Trading Ware would probably be a mistake. That man is very important to the mentality of the defense. When he plays, everyone else plays a little better.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Romo was pretty good, however, he's damaged goods now.

Also, I realized FS1 is just hiring bunch of dumbasses from ESPN, Skip Bayless, Whitlock, Cowherd, Chris Broussard, etc. I guess they want to improve their 0.00001% TV ratings

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Romo was pretty good, however, he's damaged goods now.

Also, I realized FS1 is just hiring bunch of dumbasses from ESPN, Skip Bayless, Whitlock, Cowherd, Chris Broussard, etc. I guess they want to improve their 0.00001% TV ratings

Please let them take Dick Vitale and Merrill Hoge

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Asking price is hard to assess for Romo, since he's damaged goods.

Dallas will probably want more than a pick since they are playing so well.

Could see something around Ware + conditional mid-round pick.

they'd probably want Shaq Barrett or Shane Ray before Ware I'm guessing.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
they'd probably want Shaq Barrett or Shane Ray before Ware I'm guessing.

Yup. Barrett plus a pick, or Ray.

I'm wondering whether Siemian's throwing shoulder is the one that's hurt. He's always been advertised as having a rocket for an arm, but his throws in that last game were anything but.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'd rather not, but I could live with eating a year to get our QB situation going forward and next year Elway can go hard in free agency.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Not impressed at all with any of the Rockies manager candidates. Are you guys?
I *****ed about Weiss a lot, but outside of like 3 or 4 guys (Maddon, Francona, etc.), there isn't a big difference between one manager and another in MLB.

So I'm cool with whoever as long as they're good at managing the guys inside the clubhouse.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
They could higher a cat litter box and it would be better than Jim Tracy was. That's what I liked best about Weiss; he has a certain "not Jim Tracy" quality.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The Arena Football League is crumbling before our eyes.

The Arizona Rattlers, in the AFL since 1992 and winners of 5 Arena Bowls, are leaving for the Indoor Football League.

The Orlando Predators (est. 1991), Portland Thunder (est. 2014), and LA Kiss (est. 2014) have folded

The Jacksonville Sharks (est. 2010) are leaving for an as-yet unannounced rival league

That leaves just the Tampa Bay Storm, Cleveland Gladiators, Philadelphia Soul, and the expansion Washington Valor in the league that has been around since 1987 (except one year off).

Sad, but the upshot is that in the wake of the contraction there are rumors of the IFL getting a TV deal with FS1.

Colorado has a team in the IFL. The Crush (formerly the Ice, no official relation to the old AFL team) play in Loveland, in the same arena as the Eagles.

So maybe we'll get to see an indoor team from Colorado on TV again. I'd rather it be the AFL game as it's a more entertaining brand than the IFL game, but I'll take what I can get.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Never, ever understood the appeal of arena football. Arena sports are usually fast-paced and the action is continuous (unless you're watching the last few minutes of a basketball game and everyone keeps calling time out). Football is slow. So why you'd take the slow pace of football and scrunch it onto a 50-yard field I have no idea.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think I might pick up every single fantasy football defense that will face Geno Smith for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad