OT: Other Sports 82

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Skye drafted Reese today

Seems to have 2nd most potential at least from brand perspective for Skye. Probably the 2nd most well-known female college player behind Clark in recent years

Also doesn't hurt she is attractive

As for the actual basketball side. I haven't watched WNBA game in years, not sure how Skye are at this point from team needs perspective, etc

Last edited:

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Skye drafted Reese today

Seems to have 2nd most potential at least from brand perspective for Skye. Probably the 2nd most well-known female college player behind Clark in recent years

Also doesn't hurt she is attractive

As for the actual basketball side. I haven't watched WNBA game in years, not sure how Skye are at this point from team needs perspective, etc
Reese is the bigger name, Cardoso is the better pick, imo. Glad to have both.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Hate the Yankees. Dodgers aren't a bad choice. I'll stick with my Sox, though. Because I've always been a diehard Sox fan, despite the shit ownership, and shit product most the time. It's ingrained in my DNA.

No doubt. I won't ever jump to the Cubs. It was just an observation regarding the Sox alienating the fanbase more than they ever have before, and pushing them towards other teams.

I've already stopped paying attention. I may catch a Crochet start here and there, but that's about it. Sucks that less than a month into the baseball season I've lost any/all interest in watching the sport.
The Dodgers have always been my NL team, staying up until midnight to watch a game because of the time difference is a bitch.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Friends don't let friends become Yankees or Dodgers fans.
Yeah there's too many of them out there. I don't dislike the Yankees or Dodgers per say but the vast majority of their fans I've met are awful.

It's funny I moved out of Chicago years ago - still have family there, a couple are Cubs fans that have been trying to get me to switch over. But I have no connection with them. I'm in Atlanta now and my son is baseball age so we go to a lot of Braves games so that's a natural switch.

But I also like Baltimore - I lived in DC a few years as well before the Nats were a thing and went to a lot of O's games.

But I'm also over 50 and care less and less about baseball so f* it lol.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its very clear Mike Soroka is not a ML pitcher at this point

It's a shame he looked so promising years ago when he broke into league at 21 but injuries derailed his career, and he just doesn't have it physically

He looks worse than Danks at end

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Whitey Herzog died today. I misread it on the MLB network crawl on the bottom and was really confused why MLB network was reporting on the passing of Werner Herzog.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

The woman who accused Bauer of rape in 2023 now being criminally charged with felony for fraud against Bauer

"Her m.o. is clear," Bauer said of the newly filed charges. "Lie to men to get their money. Extort them if she must. When they refuse to pay, stop paying, or stop giving her what she wants, go to the police, accuse them of sexual assault, and file a civil suit against them to retaliate."

She is being charged for doing same to another man as well it seems from TMZ article

Bauer may be douchebag from many accounts, but his career was unfairly ended by accusations that under scrutiny have completely unraveled at this point

• Wow
Reactions: ChiHawks10

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It's a miracle the Cubs are even 10-7 at this point with the injuries and horrible bullpen. Not sure how much the latter will be fixed, but hopefully getting some guys back helps eventually. Just stay above water until then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad