OT: Other Sports 82

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
I'm 52. This might be not only the worst Sox team I've ever seen, but also one of the worst baseball teams, period, I've ever seen. That's saying something.
I might have to watch the remaining games just to hear what Stone and the other guy have to say - there's only so much sugarcoating of this dumpster fire they can do.

In 10 minutes of watching I've seen the Sox pick a guy off first but he still made it easily to 2nd....and the right fielder dropped a routine fly ball that led to a run.

Fletcher just dropped a ball. This is worse than a minor league team....wow.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I might have to watch the remaining games just to hear what Stone and the other guy have to say - there's only so much sugarcoating of this dumpster fire they can do.

In 10 minutes of watching I've seen the Sox pick a guy off first but he still made it easily to 2nd....and the right fielder dropped a routine fly ball that led to a run.

Fletcher just dropped a ball. This is worse than a minor league team....wow.
It's hilariously bad territory. Truly amazing, and exactly what JR deserves.

Reactions: southsideIrish

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I'm 52. This might be not only the worst Sox team I've ever seen, but also one of the worst baseball teams, period, I've ever seen. That's saying something.
Not saying this to pile on you cws fans, but they genuinely might be a historically bad, 115+ losses team.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Michael Busch can rake.
Hand up, I was a little wary of what they gave up in that trade (mostly because I was pretty high on Ferris). I will have no choice but to recant if he keeps homering in every game for the rest of his career

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Bulls vs Hawks in the play-in. Winner gets the Tri Quad Cities as their own.
I admit I'm not up to the NBA much these days or the playoff situation, so I don't know how they determine who goes to the playoffs, play-in, whatever....

But the Hawks - lost their last 6 games of the year, they're 10 games under .500 and they lost their finale to Indiana by 42 points. This is a playoff team?

They'll probably beat the Bulls by 20.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Not saying this to pile on you cws fans, but they genuinely might be a historically bad, 115+ losses team.
At least. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 120-130 losses. They have as of today a staggering -51 run differential. By comparison, the next worst is Miami at -35. 29th in BA, 30th in OPB, 29th in SLG, 29th in hits, 30th in HR, 30th in RBI, 25th in BB.

Not sure I want to look at the pitching and fielding stats.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If you’re going to start from scratch, go with the Yankees or Dodgers.
Hate the Yankees. Dodgers aren't a bad choice. I'll stick with my Sox, though. Because I've always been a diehard Sox fan, despite the shit ownership, and shit product most the time. It's ingrained in my DNA.

I don't think very many passionate Sox fans are jumping to the Cubs. Hell, my wife works for them and neither of us ever will :laugh:

But apathy is real and tons will stop paying attention if they havent' already.
No doubt. I won't ever jump to the Cubs. It was just an observation regarding the Sox alienating the fanbase more than they ever have before, and pushing them towards other teams.

I've already stopped paying attention. I may catch a Crochet start here and there, but that's about it. Sucks that less than a month into the baseball season I've lost any/all interest in watching the sport.

Reactions: hawksrule

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Hate the Yankees. Dodgers aren't a bad choice. I'll stick with my Sox, though. Because I've always been a diehard Sox fan, despite the shit ownership, and shit product most the time. It's ingrained in my DNA.

No doubt. I won't ever jump to the Cubs. It was just an observation regarding the Sox alienating the fanbase more than they ever have before, and pushing them towards other teams.

I've already stopped paying attention. I may catch a Crochet start here and there, but that's about it. Sucks that less than a month into the baseball season I've lost any/all interest in watching the sport.
You hate them as a cws fan. As a Yankees fan, you’d love them. I wish I was born a Yankees fan.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I don't think very many passionate Sox fans are jumping to the Cubs. Hell, my wife works for them and neither of us ever will :laugh:

But apathy is real and tons will stop paying attention if they havent' already.

I’m completely done with them until there’s a change in ownership. They’re dead to me as of right now. My NL team has always been ATL. Guess they’re #1 for now.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad