Cueto with horrid start

Sox getting blown out 7-1 by Diamondbacks after falling into early 6-0 hole

And now Eloy injured once again running to first base

The man is made of glass and should be trade chip at this point

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
There was somebody on these forums who said what, two years ago? That giving big money contracts to two players in Eloy and Robert were bad moves because they were always injured.

Wasn’t that me?

Currently you can make a case that the Cubs are a better team on account of they are in a tougher division. Who would have thought of that at the beginning of the season?

And who would have thought the best baseball player in Chicago would be Nico Hoerner at the beginning of the year?

And for the record, the White Sox problems have nothing to do with TLR, they are just a bad team. I said as much at the beginning of the year.

Same as it ever was.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Sox allowed 17 runs to the f*cking D-backs at home in two games. Are back below .500 again and by the end of the night could be five back of Cleveland.

If there were any other owners LaRussa would be fired by the end of this weekend but he won't be.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Sox allowed 17 runs to the f*cking D-backs at home in two games. Are back below .500 again and by the end of the night could be five back of Cleveland.

If there were any other owners LaRussa would be fired by the end of this weekend but he won't be.

He should have been fired before the all-star break(aside from never being hired). He's an unmitigated disaster. One of the worst hires in Chicago sports history, truth be told. Completely destroyed what was supposed to be a contending window.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
185133.jpeg

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
And for the record, the White Sox problems have nothing to do with TLR, they are just a bad team. I said as much at the beginning of the year.

Same as it ever was.

This HAS to be a joke. TLR is not the cause of the WS problems? Gimme a break. Despite my Cub fandom, everybody knows that while a lot of problems can be attributed to the players not actually performing to their fullest potential, to say TLR is not part of the problem, is too damn funny. WS was a fun team on the verge of becoming something special and TLR has stripped that team of all it's fun and potential in less than 2 years. All of Chicago (WS and Cubs fans) should unite and want TLR gone from the city.

Note: I learned TLR played for the Cubs for one game. Even that was one game too many.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
There was somebody on these forums who said what, two years ago? That giving big money contracts to two players in Eloy and Robert were bad moves because they were always injured.

Wasn’t that me?

Currently you can make a case that the Cubs are a better team on account of they are in a tougher division. Who would have thought of that at the beginning of the season?

And who would have thought the best baseball player in Chicago would be Nico Hoerner at the beginning of the year?

Same as it ever was.
It’s a bad take to claim TLR isn’t a problem.
Though he is one of many problems he (just my opinion) is the biggest problem.
Yes the team is poorly constructed (too many DH’s) no starting pitching depth and wasted money in the pen.
However a good game manager makes moves late in games (especially with a 1-2 run lead) to have a decent defense on the field.
Also while many contracts force players on the team there were options. TLR named to 25 coming out of spring training.
Finally TLR’s passive attitude toward mistakes and not hustling is rubbing off.

For the record I love this. I’m a Cub fan and though I generally don’t care about the Sox there were so many of “you” ranting about how bad the cubs sucked and how the Sox would be WS contenders.
I don’t see too much from them anymore.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
This HAS to be a joke. TLR is not the cause of the WS problems? Gimme a break. Despite my Cub fandom, everybody knows that while a lot of problems can be attributed to the players not actually performing to their fullest potential, to say TLR is not part of the problem, is too damn funny. WS was a fun team on the verge of becoming something special and TLR has stripped that team of all it's fun and potential in less than 2 years. All of Chicago (WS and Cubs fans) should unite and want TLR gone from the city.

Note: I learned TLR played for the Cubs for one game. Even that was one game too many.
On the verge of becoming something special? I think a lot of fans saw a bunch of highly rated prospects and thought that pundit rankings translate to wins. I still remember all of the "here we go!!!11" and "it's happening!" memes on here when they called all of them up as if it was all just plug & play. Each player in a vacuum may look good, but there are a lot of intangibles missing every time I tune into a game. These guys as a group are not what a winning team looks like, no matter the manager.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015

If this was a little league team, you might be onto something. But these are adults. Adults with millions of dollars at stake.

This was a poorly built team. You have to point the finger at Hahn on this one.

I was told that Eloy was the White Sox Kris Bryant and sure enough he is. Not the MVP version, but the always injured one.

There’s talk about Julio not deserving a good pay day but blinders when the white Sox thru stacks of money at Robert and Eloy neither of whom will play at a level to deserve it.

And that’s Larussas fault? Come on, bruh. The guy can only play the garbage he was given and unlike many, I saw the decline in that garbage well before a lot of people. It’s not Larussas job to motivate grown ass men and if grown ass men can’t motivate themselves to play for a hall of fame manager then what the hell did anybody expect from this team?

If this team constructed didn’t win the series last year, your not gonna see this team win, period.

Moncada was a 3 War player up until this year. That’s not bad, but not worth Sale.

Kopech is made out of puffed wheat. Not worth Sale.

Grandal has an expiration date.

TA is elite but is surrounded in a batting order around sink holes.

Abreu had an expiration date.

Eloy is a bust.

Robert is coming close to bustdom.

That’s all on Hahn.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
On the verge of becoming something special? I think a lot of fans saw a bunch of highly rated prospects and thought that pundit rankings translate to wins. I still remember all of the "here we go!!!11" and "it's happening!" memes on here when they called all of them up as if it was all just plug & play. Each player in a vacuum may look good, but there are a lot of intangibles missing every time I tune into a game. These guys as a group are not what a winning team looks like, no matter the manager.
Also last year they beat up on lousy teams and got blasted by the good ones. While making the same mistakes on the bases, while still fielding among the worst in the league, and more. People said, "well it's April there's time to fix it"....and April became June, June became August, etc....and they kept losing to good teams, kept beating the bad ones....kept making the same mistakes. But people thought they were good cause the division was crap.

Playoffs came around and like many of us feared, they got hammered by a legit team, with an added dose of whining about nonexistent cheating to make it worse and give Hou. a reason to turn the screws in the last game, in our park no less.

And this year it's still the same. Except now they aren't even beating the bad teams. Bunch of inflated egos, guys who aren't nearly as good as they think they are, and still a decrepit drunk as the manager.

Swept at home by f*cking AZ lol. Pathetic. If they don't fire LaRussa this week I'm done, I've had it, and I've stuck with this team for over forty years, most of those real garbage.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It has :all gone South...Even embarrassing the honor of representing the about Side of Chicago....instead a representation that shames ...shames the faith of the fans who this teamis supposed to represent ....thevteam covering themselves in excrement ,futility,incompetence,and simple horridness

..painful to watch...the vaunted re'build from Sale trade oneard now reveals this Master Plan was hyped flim'flam of over-selling competitiveness and talent.. The Coup de Grace on this Master Sales "job" of the fans was to hireTLR to manage.. The reason given was that the talent was here but needed a HoF manager to put all the elects over the top

.but now they cannptveven get near the top anyway
. anTLR seems to be making only a negative differe ce.
.exacerbating the malaise and the problems on the field.

It has all gone South...ina bad wY..
Not South Siders .
.but South sliders...as in sliding g further and further fromexceljenceand ability to compete properly.

Get the planks ready...a lot of the culprits for this big mess gotta walk thise planls and get dumped on the ocean of pink slips.No exploding scoreboards
..rather ready the firing cannons.

Wretchedness reigns ...need to fix it and drastic re-build needed.. Again!

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
BWC really just hates it when billionaires might possibly get burned.
It also explains why BWC doesn't think Jerry is cheap.

They're trying to win the WS, not the fiscal responsibility championship or $/WAR championship.

The main differences between Bill Wirtz and Reinsdorf are that Bill said the quiet part out loud. "Championships are too expensive." and Bill also didn't care if his team was run into the ground, while Jerry at least wants to give the fanbase the illusion of competitiveness (finishing 2nd place is the goal-it keeps the fanbase engaged throughout the year, builds excitement, but he never puts the team over the top)

Reactions: Pez68

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It also explains why BWC doesn't think Jerry is cheap.

They're trying to win the WS, not the fiscal responsibility championship or $/WAR championship.

The main differences between Bill Wirtz and Reinsdorf are that Bill said the quiet part out loud. "Championships are too expensive." and Bill also didn't care if his team was run into the ground, while Jerry at least wants to give the fanbase the illusion of competitiveness (finishing 2nd place is the goal-it keeps the fanbase engaged throughout the year, builds excitement, but he never puts the team over the top)

He's not the only one. And I've proven to you numerous times, that when he thinks they have a window, he has no problem spending money. Just because he doesn't spend the money how YOU want him to, doesn't mean he isn't willing to spend.

I'm not going back to find the numbers, either. I've already posted them for you before. The Sox have had top 5 payrolls in baseball many, many times. And for long stretches at one time, too. This is such a stupid argument that you keep going back to.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He's not the only one. And I've proven to you numerous times, that when he thinks they have a window, he has no problem spending money. Just because he doesn't spend the money how YOU want him to, doesn't mean he isn't willing to spend.

I'm not going back to find the numbers, either. I've already posted them for you before. The Sox have had top 5 payrolls in baseball many, many times.
I know they're seventh in payroll this year, it really doesn't matter because they had holes and he wasn't willing to spend to fill them. Either you're serious about winning championships or you're not.

If you want to rag on Hahn for how the money was spent, be my guest as he deserves all of the criticism he gets there.

The Sox are one of the lowest spending teams on player development and analytics, and imo those things separate the great from the good, the good from the bad, etc.

I would have no issue with Jerry's budgets if he spent money on and had an organizational commitment to player development and analytics. He doesn't.

I really couldn't care less if the budget was 175M instead of 195M if they took that $20M and poured it into other aspects of baseball ops.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I know they're seventh in payroll this year, it really doesn't matter because they had holes and he wasn't willing to spend to fill them. Either you're serious about winning championships or you're not.
So do you have evidence of this? Or just your silly assumptions about something that you have no way of knowing? What if players they wanted didn't want to come here? What if they wanted to make trades that never transpired? I mean, the speaking in absolutes about something that is purely speculation has gotten you in trouble posting on here for years now... you should probably learn to stop doing it.

So yeah, he isn't willing to spend $300-400 million on a single player. He's never been that guy, and if you've been a Sox fan for long, you should know that.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
So do you have evidence of this? Or just your silly assumptions about something that you have no way of knowing? What if players they wanted didn't want to come here? What if they wanted to make trades that never transpired? I mean, the speaking in absolutes about something that is purely speculation has gotten you in trouble posting on here for years now... you should probably learn to stop doing it.

So yeah, he isn't willing to spend $300-400 million on a single player. He's never been that guy, and if you've been a Sox fan for long, you should know that.
Let's just put it this way: They pissed $25M+ away on Keuchel, Garcia and Kelly.

Wouldn't that be better spent on Bryce Harper or Machado?

He does this on an annual basis.

You can bet your ass the ROI is better on Harper/Machado than on those bums.

Penny wise, and dollar foolish.

Also they built a $50M bullpen, when they probably could have spent $35M of that elsewhere and been just as good.

If you want to blame Hahn for this, you can.....but I blame Reinsdorf too.

Reinsdorf prices himself out of the top tier position player and SP market, then orders Hahn to spend on one year deals so he doesn't look cheap.

I've been a Sox diehard for 20+ years so I know that he's not spending on the Harpers and Machados of the world. Won't stop me from bitching about it though, because it's a better investment than spending the same amount of money on Eaton, Kelly and Garcia on an annual basis.

Back in the winter of 2019 I was adamant that Machado was a pipedream.

BTW, if Reinsdorf doesn't want to spend on top tier FA that's fine, but quit lighting $20-25M on fire on an annual basis for players that are DFA quality anyway and re-invest it into scouting, player dev and analytics.

Last edited:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The White Sox….LOL

We all got punked into thinking this was actually going to become a legit WS contender…what a joke.

Not this garbage organization. Not until they clean house and get new ownership on top of everything else.

There is no such thing as “run it back with the same guys next season and hope for better injury luck”. It’s not that simple.

This is gonna take years to fix.

By the time this franchise is ready to contend chances are guys like Robert and Cease will be playing for other teams.

As it turns out the peak of the TA/Abreu/Giolito era was the first half of the 2021 season when the pitching looked unstoppable.

All it got us was one post season victory and a first round exit.

So pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad