OT: Other Sports 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sox getting embarrassed again by Yankees ...
Failure of the alleged big guns noticeable.. Not hitting..no power...MIA by the meat of the border...Abreu ,Grandal and Robert ...not starring ..not producing...Pitchers I am of Yankee mystique and not pitching well...

As I said. An embarrassment.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yeah this home stand has been an epic disaster for the Sox. Instead of building off the 6 game win streak and turning their season around they’ve taken a step backwards.

So far the 2022 Sox look to be a .500 team. We’re pretty average all things considered. And we were this way for the entire 2nd half of 2021, too. So that’s a long stretch of .500 baseball.

Idk and I’m not saying the answer is “Yes”, but it’s definitely worth asking at this point: Is this simply just who we are? An average baseball team? I mean, at some point you have to look at the performance/results and call it what it is…

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Yeah this home stand has been an epic disaster for the Sox. Instead of building off the 6 game win streak and turning their season around they’ve taken a step backwards.

So far the 2022 Sox look to be a .500 team. We’re pretty average all things considered. And we were this way for the entire 2nd half of 2021, too. So that’s a long stretch of .500 baseball.

Idk and I’m not saying the answer is “Yes”, but it’s definitely worth asking at this point: Is this simply just who we are? An average baseball team? I mean, at some point you have to look at the performance/results and call it what it is…
They were average last year and their games vs. contenders and then the embarrassing beat down in the playoffs proved it. They're still average, at best - but the division improved while they basically stood pat.

And they have an ancient, has-been drunk at the helm - they desperately need someone who will whip this team into shape and teach them basic fundamentals like fielding and baserunning, which incredibly they still can't do reliably.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
They were average last year and their games vs. contenders and then the embarrassing beat down in the playoffs proved it. They're still average, at best - but the division improved while they basically stood pat.

And they have an ancient, has-been drunk at the helm - they desperately need someone who will whip this team into shape and teach them basic fundamentals like fielding and baserunning, which incredibly they still can't do reliably.

LaRussa’s a bad manger, no question, but a major league manager doesn’t teach fielding and baserunning.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
At least we’re not Reds fans. Imagine having your team pitch eight innings of a combined no hitter (even though combined no hitters are meaningless) only to lose 1-0 and to not even get the chance to make the no hitter official on account of only pitching eight innings.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The TA/Moncada/Robert/Jimenez era of White Sox baseball is looking like a massively overhyped failure. It’s not going as planned. The team is actually getting worse. What a disaster. After all that talk too about how great we were gonna be, this is the result? We’re an average baseball team? What a joke. Someone gonna need to lose their job for this. We were supposed to become a legit contender, not peak after one first round exit.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The TA/Moncada/Robert/Jimenez era of White Sox baseball is looking like a massively overhyped failure. It’s not going as planned. The team is actually getting worse. What a disaster. After all that talk too about how great we were gonna be, this is the result? We’re an average baseball team? What a joke. Someone gonna need to lose their job for this. We were supposed to become a legit contender, not peak after one first round exit.
It was kinda obvious this core wasn't good enough last year.
idk, it's been 130+ games of .500 ball now, it's a large enough sample size to say that they are what they are.
They have a lot of individually above average players, but the pitching staff lacks a true ace and the lineup lacks a true superstar. TA, Moncada and Robert are very good players, none seem to be at a level to carry a team.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It was kinda obvious this core wasn't good enough last year.
idk, it's been 130+ games of .500 ball now, it's a large enough sample size to say that they are what they are.
They have a lot of individually above average players, but the pitching staff lacks a true ace and the lineup lacks a true superstar. TA, Moncada and Robert are very good players, none seem to be at a level to carry a team.

Yup. It’s 100% an average team. Anyone out there that still thinks we’re just having bad luck/in a funk and it’s all gonna eventually get better…well im sry to say but you’re being delusional.

Every little detail along the way too seems to constantly go against us/doesn’t work out:

-We add Kimbrel and he ends up being awful.
-We let Rodon go, refuse to replace him, and now he’s the best starting pitcher in the NL.
-The Twins are already dramatically improved and capable of winning the division.

…nothing is working out. It’s one disappointment after another. Cease and Kopech both get exposed against the NYY. I wonder what’s next? Who’s turn is it to disappoint? Cuz that’s all I expect at this point.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yup. It’s 100% an average team. Anyone out there that still thinks we’re just having bad luck/in a funk and it’s all gonna eventually get better…well im sry to say but you’re being delusional.

Every little detail along the way too seems to constantly go against us/doesn’t work out:

-We add Kimbrel and he ends up being awful.
-We let Rodon go, refuse to replace him, and now he’s the best starting pitcher in the NL.
-The Twins are already dramatically improved and capable of winning the division.

…nothing is working out. It’s one disappointment after another. Cease and Kopech both get exposed against the NYY. I wonder what’s next? Who’s turn is it to disappoint? Cuz that’s all I expect at this point.
Not to mention Abreu, Grandal and Pollock all falling off of a cliff. And guess what? They have Grandal and Pollock on the books for another year, and who knows if the owner will allow Abreu to be let go?

They also invested a ton of payroll in the bullpen and they're average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad