OT: Other Sports 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Hernandez was really disappointing. Had 18hrs when they acquired him then hit 3 and was a -.8 war player for the sox. Hahns midseason moves didnt help the sox at all.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Can't say I disagree. Now you have to hope a team believes Kimbrel's half season with us was because of him setting up and not closing. Almost feels as if Hahn wants to get some of the assets back he lost in that Cubs trade.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
That teams value him as a closer and will trade for him as shown by the teams competing with Sox at TDL for him

Sox should be able to recoup something for him even if its mid level prospects

Well we will re-evaluate this if they do then. It's early so I'll give Hahn and company the benefit of the doubt for now plus they must know Rodon's shoulder is cooked (I would think).

And let's act like Kimbrel didn't kill his value with us. He was 2 different pitchers compared to with the Cubs.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Whether you agree or disagree with offering Rodon a QO - if you've followed the White Sox and how JR runs this team, you would of seen this coming.

As for the rotation - we'll see how Kopech does. But they need to improve on the rotation if they want to be a serious World Series contender IMO.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
It has nothing to do with Jerry not ponying up to win

The end of year again showed we cant rely on Rodon
If they go out and sign a Scherzer or trade Vaughn for a young stud pitcher, then I'm all for that direction. Rodon has never put a full season together. He was awesome this year, no doubt. But they have to have a stud they feel will be there at the top of his game in October.

Now..... if the Sox just sit back and leave the rotation as it sits now, that will be pathetic. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this isn't them cheaping out as much as going in a different direction.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If they go out and sign a Scherzer or trade Vaughn for a young stud pitcher, then I'm all for that direction. Rodon has never put a full season together. He was awesome this year, no doubt. But they have to have a stud they feel will be there at the top of his game in October.

Now..... if the Sox just sit back and leave the rotation as it sits now, that will be pathetic. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this isn't them cheaping out as much as going in a different direction.

Trading away Vaughn would be yet another mistake from Hahn

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Keuchel wins 5th Gold Glove

Maybe we can take him out of rotation and just have him spend next year teaching rest of our players the fundamentals of defense

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wonder what their plan for 2b is? Burger?

I dont see how that would work he is a 3B

Move Moncada back to 2nd and slot in Burger

Also Sox will need to make decision of whether they view Sheets as a viable RF going forward. If he is then they need to have him work on throws from OF and playing angles fulltime

And if he isn't viewed as viable then what is plan for Sheets longterm in Chicago?

If not we need to trade for a RF or sign one because we simply can not go into season without a RF again

Here is what I would do if Sox are not going to make major trade/signing for anyone

C - Grandal
1B - Abreu
2B - Moncada
3B - Burger
SS - Anderson
LF - Vaughn
CF - Robert
RF - Sheets
DH - Jimenez

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I highly doubt they move moncada to second, and they had burger playing second in the minors so i think the plan may be to convert him. Im not so sure about eloy ad a full time dh either, i think hell split time in left so vaughn may be playing some rf. If their plan for right is to platoon leury, vaughn, sheets, and engel with guys like hamilton and goodwin popping up occasionally then i may lose faith in the organization. Not that i have a lot as it is as hahn had struggled with roster construction his whole tenure.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I want to give a damn about Bulls but so many times they have disappointed me and all the false "This is promising" narratives

Are they legit looking like team that can contend in East or is it just another mirage?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I want to give a damn about Bulls but so many times they have disappointed me and all the false "This is promising" narratives

Are they legit looking like team that can contend in East or is it just another mirage?

theyre going to win a lot of regular season games

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

I think they realistically need a big who can play dominant d. Going to be real hard to best the 6ers, bucks, or nets with vuc and the rotation of guys in the frontcourt they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad