OT: Other Sports 78

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
If this was 2020 itd be a different story, theyve made the playoffs the past two seasons and gotten bounced pathetically both times. Theyve been a .500 team for the past hundred something games, and are expected to take the next step, and it doesnt look like thats going to happen. They sure seem to look more like the '18/'19 cubs than the '15/'16.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I have no horse in that race, but they have a young, competitive team. Seems like it would be more fun to enjoy it.

Competitive?

How would 2017-2020 have felt if you didn't win in 2016? That is what Sox fans are dealing with.

The Sox are basically the Leafs right now.

I wish we were as close to a breakthrough as the Leafs are. Look at how hard they pushed the defending champs. The Sox aren’t capable of challenging the elite teams like that come playoff time.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Competitive?

I wish we were as close to a breakthrough as the Leafs are. Look at how hard they pushed the defending champs. The Sox aren’t capable of challenging the elite teams like that come playoff time.

Toronto wasn't supposed to push Tampa, they were supposed to beat Tampa. They were the favorite. Bottom line for their fans is despite their talent the last several years they've now lost in the first round six years straight.

The Sox like many have said are mostly young, and talented in some areas. Very flawed and with issues in others, notably defense, management, etc. People above said we should enjoy them, and I think we all do to a point. I was excited for the playoffs but figured they'd get smacked, no matter who they played, and they did. Made it doubly worse by blaming it on cheating that wasn't happening. Then Houston kicked them like a dog in Game 4 just to make a point.

I want this team to win in October, not just April and May. The season will go by quickly and already they're lousy vs. the division and contenders. Hopefully they'll take at least 3 of 5 from KC. Baby steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad