OT: Other Sports 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Vladdy Jr. is flirting with the triple crown. What an incredible year for that kid. If the Jays make the playoffs, in my opinion he should be MVP.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
And he got a chance to close the last game and still blew it!

WS should have made it clear from the moment they got Kimbrel that he, not Hendriks, should have been closer. (Or not trade for Kimbrel at all.) Now the WS got Kimbrel all out of sorts for no damn reason other than TLR being an idiot. Some guys can be flexible in the bullpen and others can't.....Kimbrel can't. He's never been that kind of reliever. What the WS need is someone like Codi Heuer.

-----------------

Braun officially retired today. I wish he would take Yadier with him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
WS should have made it clear from the moment they got Kimbrel that he, not Hendriks, should have been closer. (Or not trade for Kimbrel at all.) Now the WS got Kimbrel all out of sorts for no damn reason other than TLR being an idiot. Some guys can be flexible in the bullpen and others can't.....Kimbrel can't. He's never been that kind of reliever. What the WS need is someone like Codi Heuer.

-----------------

So move our all star big FA signing closer from closer role? That makes no sense

Hahn made mistake trading for Kimbrel and Kimbrel has pitched like shit which is on Kimbrel

I should also note that Kimbrel came into this league pitching as a regular relief pitcher which he did very well for Braves

So this claim he cant pitch in non closing situations is absurd

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

-----------------

Yeah, demoting Hendriks would've gone over really well. :rolleyes:

Why do you care so much anyway? He's off your team.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Sox magic number down to 7! They're definitely looking like they will clinch on the road. Probably in Detroit early next week.

Keuchel pitches today.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Some encouragement from the low minors...Tge ACL White Sox Fter a horrendous start have won 6 of tgeir lsstv7GP...and have closed to within 2 of .500 winning %...

Only 3 games remaining in the ACL season....IF they can win out,they can finish above .500 which is a major accomplishment given how stinky tgey were in the first half of their season..
Given that both Kannapolis and Winston Salem were putridcthis seadon ,it looks lijecat least a few bright spots from the ACL team may have a future in the show...Of note Wilfred Veras (agex18)us hitting .324 ...only 4 HR in 45 games he has played in but 15 doubles .. so may he will develop more power as he matures.

Also if note recentvdraftee Smelley who was stinky at first now have found tge groove and has his average upto .280.

TGEX downside isctgat prospect Tavis clearly is nit his brother...as he still is flailing at below. 200 ...and Benjamin Bailey who starred in tge DSL last year has had trouble adjusting to ACL level competition (though he had a good gane in their last won..

Still compared to some of the talent on other clubs in the ACL the WhitexSox are either behind or failed to find any potential superstars in this entry level of the minors..

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I know it is a pipedream but I hope Kris Bryant and Rizzo resign here....

They are both genuinely good people and I know it shouldn't matter that much but for me it does with the Cubs.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I know it is a pipedream but I hope Kris Bryant and Rizzo resign here....

They are both genuinely good people and I know it shouldn't matter that much but for me it does with the Cubs.

I noticed you left Javy Baez out. Was that intentional or you forgot about him?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I wouldn’t want Baez back at a deal he’d realistically also agree to because of his career .306 OBP.

That’s awful as is and I don’t see that getting any better as he enters his 30s.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Awe shit. I hate that I've been completely indifferent toward the Sox this year.

I've invested so much time in shit teams and I still can't get excited about this team.

Maybe next year or maybe my interest in baseball is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad