OT: Other Sports 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

He got his 5 years. Only 85 million is surprising though.

surprising ???? shit i am freaking glad the Sox was no where near him. i was afraid that the sox will come and sign him. i rather have Dallas Keuchel......

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

He got his 5 years. Only 85 million is surprising though.

that’s gonna look bad as soon as year 1 possibly. I wouldn’t have touched him for anything more than 2 years.

Not to mention going from a pitchers park to a hitters park.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Some super fun draws in the Champions League...

-Real Madrid/Manchester City
-PSG/Dortmund
-Liverpool/AM

Tottenham drew RB Leipzig which is not a bad draw all things considered.

Meanwhile Arsenal are an absolute clown show.

Reactions: TLEH

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
MLB - Mets Sign Rick Porcello

it for 1 season 10 million

per MLB trade site.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Let me first just say that was the worst officiated game I've seen in quite sometime. The refs seem like they rigged that game for OKC. Now having said that, this loss is inexcusable. You were dominating the game.. DOMINATING and you let a team like that comeback on you?! And to put the cherry on top, Boylen takes out his best rebounder (Wendell) and of course the Thunder get the offensive rebound which essentially iced the game. He is terrible.

Reactions: LDF

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Let me first just say that was the worst officiated game I've seen in quite sometime. The refs seem like they rigged that game for OKC. Now having said that, this loss is inexcusable. You were dominating the game.. DOMINATING and you let a team like that comeback on you?! And to put the cherry on top, Boylen takes out his best rebounder (Wendell) and of course the Thunder get the offensive rebound which essentially iced the game. He is terrible.

But hey, according to the front office handpicked puppet of a head coach, at least they "battled." Blew a 26 point lead and lose but hey the coached focused on their ability to "battle."

Wendall Carter, Jr and Coby White posing with Chris Paul after the game was freaking embarrassing.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain

How has this collective heap of garbage (excluding Zach) been allowed to do this? WTF are they being taught? They must have learned Lombardi's mantra in reverse, "Losing isn't everything, it's the only thing".

Win those 6 games and you are 16-13.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
MLB - the White Sox resigned Nicky Delmonico and he will attend camp with the other vets.

per MLB rumors.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Taping this Dortmund/RB Leipzig game to watch when I get home. Interested in seeing RBL given Spurs drew them in the Champions League.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Just over two weeks in Europe with four buddies. Hitting up London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Madrid.
I went to Barça vs Liverpool Champions league semifinal. That stadium and watching Messi live is the best sporting event I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a ton. If you get a chance to go there for a big game, take it.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Taping this Dortmund/RB Leipzig game to watch when I get home. Interested in seeing RBL given Spurs drew them in the Champions League.
Dortmund dominated the game. They just have massive mental lapses and loss of focus/concentration in their game. They really need to invest money in defense.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I went to Barça vs Liverpool Champions league semifinal. That stadium and watching Messi live is the best sporting event I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a ton. If you get a chance to go there for a big game, take it.
I got to watch Messi field level once. That was unreal.
Dortmund dominated the game. They just have massive mental lapses and loss of focus/concentration in their game. They really need to invest money in defense.
Or Pochettino.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Rumors around every Cub except Baez.

Tom Petty said the waiting is the hardest part, but that's all the Cubs can do with Kris Bryant until his grievance stemming from service-time manipulation is resolved. Granted, the Cubs probably would have waited until after Josh Donaldson signed to move Bryant anyway, but he's not the only core member potentially on the move. League sources expect the Cubs to listen to offers on basically anyone and everyone on the roster, ranging from Willson Contreras to Kyle Schwarber to Anthony Rizzo and beyond. The Cubs figure to make at least one big trade.
-CBS

Here’s the latest on a potential Schwarber to the Yankees deal from The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal.
The team could target young pitching from the Yankees to address a longstanding organizational void, and/or ask for third baseman Miguel Andújar, a questionable defender but theoretical replacement for Bryant.
Trading Schwarber and Bryant would seem excessive for a team that intends to contend in 2020. The Cubs, however, are hellbent on avoiding the fates of teams such as the Phillies, Giants and Tigers, who entered down cycles after going all-in for extended periods in recent times.
-NJ.com

I would agree with moving Bryant and Schwarber if the price is right.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Rumors around every Cub except Baez.

I would agree with moving Bryant and Schwarber if the price is right.

Ah yes, the fate of the Giants who won 3 titles in 5 seasons. Definitely want to avoid that and trading your best players is a good way to make sure to do so.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Ah yes, the fate of the Giants who won 3 titles in 5 seasons. Definitely want to avoid that and trading your best players is a good way to make sure to do so.
at some time the org/team will need to fix itself. so might as do it now when the team still have some very good players to carry the team.

also trading them for a specific rtn is the route to go, esp if they will look at the other team's minor league.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

I think the writer just meant they held onto players like MadBum too long. The Cubs were trying to be like the Giants. But if it isn’t working out, maybe it’s time for a reset. Theo and his team might find another diamond in trade.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think the writer just meant they held onto players like MadBum too long. The Cubs were trying to be like the Giants. But if it isn’t working out, maybe it’s time for a reset. Theo and his team might find another diamond in trade.
i also like to add the Philly run with a good team..... then they just broke down.

Reactions: ColdSteel2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad