OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
seriously, another loss to the niners! Did they not learn anything from the first loss? Half their wins are against the Rams. and how do you play so well against the Seahawks, then do that today?
:huh::mad:

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Goff is soft and not a playmaker. The most system systems quarterback there is. Can he actually make a good impromptu play once in awhile? Good grief. When he improvises, disaster strikes.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
ASU hockey is going old school 1975 football logos for their game on Saturday against Notre Dame. The football team will be wearing these against UCLA at home on Saturday.

No. 20 Arizona State hockey scored twice in the first two minutes Thursday night and held on for a 6-3 win at No. 16 Notre Dame.

ASU (3-3-1) won a third consecutive game over a Big Ten opponent and ranked team on the road for the first time in school history. The Sun Devils also earned their first win vs. Notre Dame after losing twice in a 2016-17 season-opening series. They swept last week at No. 14 Wisconsin.

ASU's 1975 football team went 12-0 and defeated Nebraska in Fiesta Bowl.

EoVXuMMU0AAhWgA.jpg

image_handler.aspx

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Ian Book is a damn fine college quarterback. He is about to break the career win mark by a Notre Dame QB.

When Notre Dame defeats Syracuse today, they will not have lost a single home game with Ian Book as their starting QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackMetalED

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Rams away uniforms look like the practice gear I used to take home on Thursday night after a week of practice. Pretty dingy and gray.

Reactions: Reaper45

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
"Bone" jerseys. I agree -- i don't like them. But i'm no longer a young guy, so maybe it's an age thing. Regardless, get off my freaking lawn with those gray/bone jerseys!

At least they won and Goff was back to being good-Goff. 1st place in NFC West!

Reactions: KINGS17 and Lt Dan
Jul 31, 2005
CA
"Bone" jerseys. I agree -- i don't like them. But i'm no longer a young guy, so maybe it's an age thing. Regardless, get off my freaking lawn with those gray/bone jerseys!

At least they won and Goff was back to being good-Goff. 1st place in NFC West!
the Rams should be wearing the Dickerson era blue and yellow and the throwback jersey should be the Merlin Olsen era blue and light blue.If you grew up in the 80's going to a Rams game in the 80's at Angel stadium the blue and gold is the only choice. Men wearing watermelons on their heads, my Dad and my friends mormon Dad getting drunk, getting in the car, no seatbelts and driving home. Those were the days.

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
the Rams shoul be wearing the Dickerson era blue and yellow and the throwback jersey should be the Merlin Olsen era blue and light blue.If you grew up in the 80's going to a Rams game in the 80's the blue and gold is the only choice. Men wearing watermelons on their heads, my Dad and my friends mormon Dad getting drunk, getting in the car, no seatbelts and driving home. Those were the days.
You just described my childhood.
Speaking of Dad (mine may he RIP), used to drive home in the 70s with these fake silicon type wraps around his beer can to disguise it from cops -- mocks of real items like "1-up", "Cola-Cola", "Dr Peeper", etc. Back then i didn't think twice about what he was doing. Yeah good times

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
You just described my childhood.
Speaking of Dad (mine may he RIP), used to drive home in the 70s with these fake silicon type wraps around his beer can to disguise it from cops -- mocks of real items like "1-up", "Cola-Cola", "Dr Peeper", etc. Back then i didn't think twice about what he was doing. Yeah good times
Those are still around haha. And yeah my pops would take his “road soda” too. I bought him these a few years ago for Xmas. The Trinken Cup

Reactions: Schrute farms

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I feel a huge reason Sam Darnold has struggled with the Jets because he never really got used to the change of scenery - New York City is a much different beast than LA, where he spent his entire pre-NFL life, including playing for USC.

The Jets are gravitating towards the #1 pick in the draft next year, which they hope to use on Trevor Lawrence.

This could give Darnold the opportunity to return to LA, as a member of the Chargers. Trust me, homesickness has affected many an athlete over the years. I'm confident that if he joins the Chargers, he will become brilliant again.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
The Dodgers and Angels should also consider replacing their current stadiums that were built in the 1960s.

Most other major league parks active in the 1960s are no longer in existence.

The Angels can build theirs next to the current stadium, whose location would become parking for the new stadium

It would be nice for the Dodgers to build their new stadium in Hollywood or as close to it as possible, in line with my view that the Dodgers are the modern-day successor to the Hollywood Stars (as the AL Angels succeed the PCL Angels).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad