OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I wonder if dumbass Dave Roberts watched the Phillies use three pitchers tonight in beating the Padres. Allowing their starter to go seven innings he was dominating. What a novel idea.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I wonder if dumbass Dave Roberts watched the Phillies use three pitchers tonight in beating the Padres. Allowing their starter to go seven innings he was dominating. What a novel idea.

Yeah but the analytics said they were supposed to pull their starter after the 2nd pitch of the 2nd at bat in the 5th

Joke's on the Phillies

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What is going on with Cam Akers? Is he ever suiting up for the Rams again or is he just going to sit out until they trade him?

What a disappointment this season. :help:

Jun 30, 2006
They won the 2020 championship by selling the farm but then blew that championship team up for Klutch/Lebron guys. Went away from what made them successful, defense and shooting.

Reactions: 21Dog

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
What is going on with the Lake Show? What the hell did Pelinka/Jeanie do to this team? Absolute garbage basketball.
Yet they gave Kobe's agent Pelinka an extension a couple weeks ago. Like who the heck does that? Even before the season started, you could see this team was badly constructed just like the past couple of years. So why rush to give him an extension as GM. Why even give him an extension at all. Totally bizarre. If anything, he should have been fired.
Worst run team in the NBA. The days of a family run sports franchise (with not much net worth) is long gone. This franchise will be horrible the rest of the decade due to no talent and no draft picks. Come back in 2030+ and maybe they'll be relevant again. The sooner the Buss' sell to someone super rich; the better.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
not looking to argue but basketball is unwatchable- I see no draw in a sport designed around tall guys scoring 50 times a game.

Jun 30, 2006
Yet they gave Kobe's agent Pelinka an extension a couple weeks ago. Like who the heck does that? Even before the season started, you could see this team was badly constructed just like the past couple of years. So why rush to give him an extension as GM. Why even give him an extension at all. Totally bizarre. If anything, he should have been fired.
Worst run team in the NBA. The days of a family run sports franchise (with not much net worth) is long gone. This franchise will be horrible the rest of the decade due to no talent and no draft picks. Come back in 2030+ and maybe they'll be relevant again. The sooner the Buss' sell to someone super rich; the better.
The buss family will never sell, they make a lot off this franchise and gives them status in Los Angeles. Even if they do suck.

The problem isn’t money, or having an owner rich enough. It’s having a competent gm that can piece together a good roster that plays for each other. This team is totally dysfunctional and tough to watch. Even the ringless 90s were fun with Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Elden Campbell etc.

Another thing, Ham isn’t an upgrade over Vogel.

Reactions: Rick Knickleback

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
I grew up watching the Showtime era Lakers, and I agree. Most of the modern stars today only play and care for themselves, and the sport is certainly a lot softer than what it used to be.

good point...the number of fouls called in your average game as well never sat well with me. Almost as borderline & subjective as NFL Pass interference penalties.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The rams still suck at tackling ! 3 yard catch turns into 12.

The Rams kept the same soft coverage the entire SF drive. 10,12, 11, 9. 7, 11, and 14 yard completions ending in an 11 yard td pass.

edit: 3 and out in less than 3 minutes. Rams are falling apart , took a 15 yard penalty after another missed tackle. SF scores again aided by the penalty . This game is over.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
:laugh: The Rams!

SF gave up 44 last week, the Rams can't get a 1st down this half. Rams TE wide open for a TD drops it. SF TE wide open catches it for 60 yards. Scores 2 plays later. :huh:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Can anyone list the factors of why Niner fans make Sofi their second home? I think today was even worse than the NFC Championship game last season. It was all red from the nosebleeds to the lower bowl. LA usually invades NorCal venues with the Dodgers and the Lakers pre-Steph Curry days and NOT the other way around. That was an embarrassing display of Rams fans attendance especially for the reigning champions.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Can anyone list the factors of why Niner fans make Sofi their second home? I think today was even worse than the NFC Championship game last season. It was all red from the nosebleeds to the lower bowl. LA usually invades NorCal venues with the Dodgers and the Lakers pre-Steph Curry days and NOT the other way around. That was an embarrassing display of Rams fans attendance especially for the reigning champions.
The Rams left So Cal in 1994, returning in 2016. So, gone for 22 seasons. Lost a whole generation of fans to other teams. The NFL used the open LA market as a bargaining tool against other cities to get new stadiums built. Not a surprise other teams’ fans invade Sofi.

Reactions: 21Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad