OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
UCLA looked fantastic. We'll see if it can last and they can hold up being short handed. but one game in, they look like one of the best teams int he tourney.
Now the rest of the Pac-12....horrible (but still funny AZ lost)

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
UCLA looked fantastic. We'll see if it can last and they can hold up being short handed. but one game in, they look like one of the best teams int he tourney.
Placed a bet on the Bruins to go all the way last Thurs at 8-1. That was a day before Bona suffered the shoulder injury.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Placed a bet on the Bruins to go all the way last Thurs at 8-1. That was a day before Bona suffered the shoulder injury.
Ha! I placed the same bet on the Bruins two weeks ago (just before clarke's injury) winning it all too. I actually got 9-1 odds (RedRock Hotel).

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Angels fan checking in. It’s seriously amazing we can’t even make the playoffs with Ohtani alone much less Ohtani and Trout. Talk about criminal mismanagement of a sports franchise.

Ohtani just wasted Trout on those two fastballs right down the middle. Both had him swinging hard. Trout was cooked after that. Either Shohei burns him with another fastball or baits him with a slider. Either way Trout has to swing again.

If Trout fouls off either of those first two fastballs, maybe that gets Shohei thinking about something. But both beat him so clean Shohei was in full command of the at bat.

Kind of unfair tbh to face Ohtani with a full tank of gas in his arm in the 9th, but Team Japan executed a perfectly coached game. An all time classic baseball moment.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Angels fan checking in. It’s seriously amazing we can’t even make the playoffs with Ohtani alone much less Ohtani and Trout. Talk about criminal mismanagement of a sports franchise.
Preface: I am a Dodgers fan who has always had a soft spot for the Angels.

Totally agree with your statement, Artie Moreno is one of the great bait and switch artists this century. I don't follow the team closely, I don't know if Artie just doesn't give a f*** or if it is Liewieke level meddling (insert Scooby-Doo joke)
I loved seeing the Angels win back in 2002. Not only because you guys had a damn good fan base, but because you beat the Giants and Roided up Barry.
I will admit, the bandwagonners that followed were annoying AF, but the diehards that always made your franchise special are still gung-ho and I have mad respect for you guys

I hope better days are ahead for you guys.

Reactions: ru4reals

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Preface: I am a Dodgers fan who has always had a soft spot for the Angels.

Totally agree with your statement, Artie Moreno is one of the great bait and switch artists this century. I don't follow the team closely, I don't know if Artie just doesn't give a f*** or if it is Liewieke level meddling (insert Scooby-Doo joke)
I loved seeing the Angels win back in 2002. Not only because you guys had a damn good fan base, but because you beat the Giants and Roided up Barry.
I will admit, the bandwagonners that followed were annoying AF, but the diehards that always made your franchise special are still gung-ho and I have mad respect for you guys

I hope better days are ahead for you guys.

I also don’t mind cheering for the Dodgers, but my dad always took us to Angels games growing up. So if I had to pick, I definitely have the most emotional connection to the Angels.

Kings, Lakers, Angels. That was the trifecta for my family.

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
Met my wife at UCLA. I go back to watching Bruin basketball since Lew Alcindor.
That second half last night was right up there with the most painful moments I have watched sports. Not for the blown lead, not for the ultimate loss but for the utter futility of an excellent team unable to make a field goal for over 10 minutes.
Sickening.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
U-POOH-LA goes down to a future Truck Stop (Big 12) school.

w640xh480_USPW_437744.jpg

Please B1G 10 just take Oregon. Washington, or Stanford

OR

Big 12 take three or four of the 4-corner schools and put the crap Pac-whatever conference out of our misery.

It's a good day whenever U4 (Arizona) loses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad