OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kenley had us all worried, but the Dodgers recovered after that first game. They're probably going to see San Diego again in the NLCS, unless some upset occurs.

If it weren't for the Kenley innings, the Dodgers pretty well rolled the Padres, normal run differential vs. everyone.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Clippers losing is almost as good as Vegas losing. So much premature chest thumping put in its rightful place.

I’ve lived about half of my 38 years in SoCal and I’m not kidding I could count the number of Clipper fans I know on 2 hands.

Or are you talking about the players?

I’ve said it a million times, had they moved to OC when the Pond opened it would have altered the entire history of the franchise. They are probably the most hated NBA franchise in their own city. Lol

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
My condolences to Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. You kind of feel bad for someone who fought so hard for the noble cause of denying young men the ability to play football and coming up short.
Just hope these players don’t get COVID and have some lasting side effects just to play a game.
I got no problem with the Gov trying to protect these guys.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Just hope these players don’t get COVID and have some lasting side effects just to play a game.
I got no problem with the Gov trying to protect these guys.

1. The initial study the Big Ten used has mostly been debunked.
2. No one is forcing any of these players to play, any player is able to opt-out for the season and is guaranteed to keep their scholarship and not lose a year of eligibility.

The players have almost all said from the start they want to play, and understand any risks that may come from this.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I’ve lived about half of my 38 years in SoCal and I’m not kidding I could count the number of Clipper fans I know on 2 hands.

I’ve said it a million times, had they moved to OC when the Pond opened it would have altered the entire history of the franchise. They are probably the most hated NBA franchise in their own city. Lol

It's so strange isn't it? I didn't particularly hate them. Just from the time we were kids, they've been a running joke for the better part of their existence. It's almost like a generational divide as I've noticed it. Lakers were, for all intents and purposes, the only game in town. Clippers started to make some gains when the Lakers were down and grabbed a younger fanshare for a bit

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Kenley had us all worried, but the Dodgers recovered after that first game. They're probably going to see San Diego again in the NLCS, unless some upset occurs.

If the Dodgers win the west (and remain the 1 seed) and the Padres get the 4th seed, which is the likely outcome, then they'll meet in the NLDS should they both win their opening rounds.

With 10 games left, the Dodgers are 5 up on the 2 seed Cubs and 3.5 up on the Padres.

The Padres have a lot of breathing room at the 4 seed too.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

You are only 38??

porg.jpg

You are wise beyond your years, Sir

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
1. The initial study the Big Ten used has mostly been debunked.
2. No one is forcing any of these players to play, any player is able to opt-out for the season and is guaranteed to keep their scholarship and not lose a year of eligibility.

The players have almost all said from the start they want to play, and understand any risks that may come from this.
The players are young and obviously want to play. That doesn’t mean it is the best for them.

While many schools’ COVID infections are low, many are having or have had spikes.

Just a few reports of COVID issues reported lately:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article245800850.html

Missouri to be down 12 players vs. Alabama in season-opening game due to COVID-19 protocols

Ed Orgeron: 'Most' of LSU's players have had COVID-19

Without putting players in bubble (which is impossible in CFB), I’m not sure the games can be safely played.

We just disagree on this topic, which is fine. And I hope I’m wrong, but if I’m not, there could be some serious issues here.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The players are young and obviously want to play. That doesn’t mean it is the best for them.

While many schools’ COVID infections are low, many are having or have had spikes.

Just a few reports of COVID issues reported lately:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article245800850.html

Missouri to be down 12 players vs. Alabama in season-opening game due to COVID-19 protocols

Ed Orgeron: 'Most' of LSU's players have had COVID-19

Without putting players in bubble (which is impossible in CFB), I’m not sure the games can be safely played.

We just disagree on this topic, which is fine. And I hope I’m wrong, but if I’m not, there could be some serious issues here.
LSU - Home of the summer COVID-19 party.

Reactions: Sleeping Dog

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Robert Woods is clearly the best player on offense now for the Rams.

EDIT: It was definitely time for the Rams to move on from Gurley and his big contract. Brown and Henderson are fine in short yardage situations, and running back by committee really fits the Rams offensive scheme, because it relies so much on play action.

It kind of catches the defense by surprise when Goff hand it off to a back. As long as the offensive line plays as well as they have the first two weeks, they are going to have a good season. The games against the division opponents should be good ones this season. No softies in the NFC West as Arizona is vastly improved this season.

Wentz making the Rams look like geniuses today for taking Goff over him in that draft.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Interesting stat just displayed during the Rams game. Since 1948 teams with 35 or more rushing attempts in a game have an .830 winning percentage.

Obviously, plenty of teams having fewer than 35 rushing attempts have won games, but it happens when their opponent also doesn't have 35 rushing attempts.

The Rams rushed the ball 40 times in their Week 1 win against Dallas, and 36 rushes in today's win at Philadelphia. The Rams are having good success in the first two games running the ball to ice the game in the 4th quarter.

Man, the NFC East really sucks.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Robert Woods is clearly the best player on offense now for the Rams.

EDIT: It was definitely time for the Rams to move on from Gurley and his big contract. Brown and Henderson are fine in short yardage situations, and running back by committee really fits the Rams offensive scheme, because it relies so much on play action.

It kind of catches the defense by surprise when Goff hand it off to a back. As long as the offensive line plays as well as they have the first two weeks, they are going to have a good season. The games against the division opponents should be good ones this season. No softies in the NFC West as Arizona is vastly improved this season.

Wentz making the Rams look like geniuses today for taking Goff over him in that draft.

Not a Wentz fan, for a lot of reasons, but mostly because he has no leadership, and that has created issues in the lockeeoom , (no matter how hard they try to cover it up) which has come up (via players to press) over the last few years. Foles might not have his skillset, but he had leadership in spades, player loved playing with him and he was a general on the field and in the room. Total team guy. Wentz is an A type, me first, and it shows. Teams is falling apart...And Pederson remains clueless as far as offensiv game planning.

Highlight of my afternoon was every time the cardboard fans booed Wentz.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Wow, total failure by Atanta's special teams on Dallas' onside kick with under two minutes in their game. Former Ram Zuerlein splits the uprights with 4 seconds remaining to give Dallas the win.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Not a Wentz fan, for a lot of reasons, but mostly because he has no leadership, and that has created issues in the lockeeoom , (no matter how hard they try to cover it up) which has come up (via players to press) over the last few years. Foles might not have his skillset, but he had leadership in spades, player loved playing with him and he was a general on the field and in the room. Total team guy. Wentz is an A type, me first, and it shows. Teams is falling apart...And Pederson remains clueless as far as offensiv game planning.

Highlight of my afternoon was every time the cardboard fans booed Wentz.
Well, it is Philly where the cardboard cutouts even booed and threw snowballs at Santa!

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Interesting stat just displayed during the Rams game. Since 1948 teams with 35 or more rushing attempts in a game have an .830 winning percentage.

Obviously, plenty of teams having fewer than 35 rushing attempts have won games, but it happens when their opponent also doesn't have 35 rushing attempts.

The Rams rushed the ball 40 times in their Week 1 win against Dallas, and 36 rushes in today's win at Philadelphia. The Rams are having good success in the first two games running the ball to ice the game in the 4th quarter.

Man, the NFC East really sucks.
Bring back “Ground” Chuck Knox!!

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
RIP Gale Sayers, Bears legendary running back, amazing athelete, pure poetry in motion.

Gale Sayers - Wikipedia

In his rookie year, he scored an NFL-record 22 touchdowns: 14 rushing, six receiving, and one each on punt and kickoff returns. He gained 2,272 all-purpose yards, a record for an NFL rookie, with 1,371 of them coming from scrimmage. Sayers averaged 5.2 yards per rush and 17.5 yards per reception. His return averages were 14.9 yards per punt return and a league-high 31.4 yards per kickoff return.[17]

Against the Minnesota Vikings on October 17, Sayers carried 13 times for 64 yards and a touchdown; caught four passes for 63 yards and two touchdowns; and had a 98-yard kickoff return touchdown in the 45–37 Bears victory.[18][19] He was the last NFL player to score a rushing, receiving, and kickoff return touchdown in the same game until Tyreek Hill accomplished the feat over 50 years later, in 2016.

He and Brian Piccolo were the first interacial roomates in the NFL and were close friends until Piccolos death from cancer in 1970, made famous by the movie Brian's Song.

Last edited:
Reactions: KINGS17

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
RIP Gale Sayers, Bears legendary running back, amazing athelete, pure poetry in motion.

Gale Sayers - Wikipedia

In his rookie year, he scored an NFL-record 22 touchdowns: 14 rushing, six receiving, and one each on punt and kickoff returns. He gained 2,272 all-purpose yards, a record for an NFL rookie, with 1,371 of them coming from scrimmage. Sayers averaged 5.2 yards per rush and 17.5 yards per reception. His return averages were 14.9 yards per punt return and a league-high 31.4 yards per kickoff return.[17]

Against the Minnesota Vikings on October 17, Sayers carried 13 times for 64 yards and a touchdown; caught four passes for 63 yards and two touchdowns; and had a 98-yard kickoff return touchdown in the 45–37 Bears victory.[18][19] He was the last NFL player to score a rushing, receiving, and kickoff return touchdown in the same game until Tyreek Hill accomplished the feat over 50 years later, in 2016.

He and Brian Piccolo were the first interacial roomates in the NFL and were close friends until Piccolos death from cancer in 1970, made famous by the movie Brian's Song.

Sad news indeed. As a kid, I remember watching him and Butkis on those terrible Bears teams. Too bad they couldn’t win a championship. But what a talent! RIP #40.

Reactions: KINGS17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln