OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Lakers lose to the Pacers by 42 points. Pacer fans were chanting to Ingram "LeBron's going to trade you!" while he shot free throws.

giphy.gif

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
They just needed to be patient and try to sign another impact free agent in the offseason.

The media is going to turn this thing into a complete circus now.

And they are 2.5 games out of the playoffs and sinking fast.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Just learned that when McGee shot free throws, Pacer fans chanted "Not Worth Trading."

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Just learned that when McGee shot free throws, Pacer fans chanted "Not Worth Trading."

Fantastic. I hope fans in other cities continue this when the Lakers come to visit.

Makes for a fun night.

For the record, I have nothing against the Lakers at all, always liked Kurt Rambis and him sporting the glasses, lunch bucket guy. I just think it’s pretty funny.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Lakers are trading rookie Svi Mykhailiuk and a 2021 second round pick for Reggie Bullock.

Apparently, they didn't want Svi to feel left out when they trade all the other young players.

It is certainly a short-term upgrade.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
According to Adrian Wojnarowski, the Clippers are trading Mike Muscala to the Lakers in exchange for Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Lakers lose to the Pacers by 42 points. Pacer fans were chanting to Ingram "LeBron's going to trade you!" while he shot free throws.

Sooo good soooo effin good. Wish they did too. Oh wells stuck with him till he gets bounced outta here. Had another one of his great 4 for 14 shooting and nearly cost the Lakers a game with his brilliant effort driving towards the basket getting his shot blocked. Good thing Rondo's shot went in.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
According to Adrian Wojnarowski, the Clippers are trading Mike Muscala to the Lakers in exchange for Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac.

Don't even know why I give a hoot but Zubac is gonna be a pretty dang good player one day I believe. Surprised he got traded personally a dumb move in my opinion but hey Lakers got the great MUSCALA back.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Don't even know why I give a hoot but Zubac is gonna be a pretty dang good player one day I believe. Surprised he got traded personally a dumb move in my opinion but hey Lakers got the great MUSCALA back.

It's about cap space for next season. Zubac's qualifying offer is $1.9 million, but it will take more than that to sign him. Svi is under contract next year at $1.4 million. Trading both for expiring players means they will have $3.3 million more in cap space, and now have enough to offer Durant the max if he happens to be interested.

I like Zubac a lot and if the Lakers don't land a max free agent, the trade will be a bust. But I imagine the Lakers thinks its a risk worth taking and Wagner can take his minutes.

Ingram now if the only player left from the Jim Buss era.

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
It's about cap space for next season. Zubac's qualifying offer is $1.9 million, but it will take more than that to sign him. Svi is under contract next year at $1.4 million. Trading both for expiring players means they will have $3.3 million more in cap space, and now have enough to offer Durant the max if he happens to be interested.

I like Zubac a lot and if the Lakers don't land a max free agent, the trade will be a bust. But I imagine the Lakers thinks its a risk worth taking and Wagner can take his minutes.

Ingram now if the only player left from the Jim Buss era.

Good explanation we shall wait and see.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
This may wind up being one of the worst contracts in professional sports.

Have fun watching him give a half assed effort, Padres fans.

Padres, really?? Aren't they irrelvent? I haven't followed them at all, seems like a move clearly to get the money

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Padres, really?? Aren't they irrelvent? I haven't followed them at all, seems like a move clearly to get the money

They signed Eric Hosmer last off-season, he was terrible. They extended Wil Myers during the 2018 season, he's often injured.

Still have no pitching, lots of young talent on the way, but we won't see the best of the Padres until 2022 at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad