OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Yes, Rams receivers were less than stellar in the Super Bowl.

No running game to speak of as well.

Yeah, that too. 17 total runs by both backs. Gurley had 10 for 35, Then when he finally gets going, that weak ass holding call brings back a 15 yard run and the drive once again came to a grinding stop.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Gurley thing is perplexing. Guy goes out with what appears to be a somewhat minor injury in week 15, is questionable week 16 but ultimately sits weeks 16 and 17. The Rams get a bye and then he is in a timeshare with a bum off the street for 3 playoff games, with another bye mixed in. So 7 weeks since the first injury.

You have to assume he was playing through something really serious, will probably come out shortly.

Reactions: kingsfan28

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Except there was a winner so it couldn't be Kings v. Kings.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
An entire generation of people in this country are going to hate the Patriots like our grandfathers hated the Yankees, even when they get bad again people are going to hate them.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pats played better defense than the Saints, Rams executed plays before 3rd down. This game was there for the win, Rams never made the plays, especially dropping 2 TD's in the 2nd half. The INT after the dropped TD ended it.

I had a sinking feeling that Cooks drop was the end of it.

Reactions: kingsfan28

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It wasn't more than anything else that was not being called. Refs stayed out for the most part.

Rams offense got trucked by an average defense backed by a superior mind.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It wasn't more than anything else that was not being called. Refs stayed out for the most part.

Rams offense got trucked by an average defense backed by a superior mind.

That was not an average defense yesterday. Average defenses give up 20 points, minimum. The one thing I've learned is the world hates low scoring defensive games, especially the internet.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I think Goff has the accuracy and arm strength to make the Rams system work. His ball handling on the play action pass is also excellent.

He missed some reads in the game on Sunday. There was one in particular that Romo pointed out where the deep in was wide open, and Goff went for the long ball down the sideline. He needs to clean that up.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So, who the hell was going to be left for LeBron to play with after this trade, besides Anthony Davis?

The Pelicans saved the Lakers from doing something monumentally stupid.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
I think the Lakers offer was insane, but New Orleans probably is looking for the best player coming back to be better than any of the players the Lakers are offering. The Celtics cannot trade for Davis until the offseason and New Orleans might think a package built around Jayson Tatum is the better way to go.

The Lakers also offered Rondo, Stephenson and Beasley in place of KCP in a previous offer. So there are NINE players on the Lakers today who know the Lakers tried to trade them. I can only imagine what that does to the locker room.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Trade rumors might be having a negative effect on the Lakers, given that they're down 23 points to the Pacers at halftime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad