OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
#1 Clemson in a dog fight at North Carolina. 14-14 deep into the 3rd quarter.

EDIT: North Carolina scores a TD to get within 1 point, then goes for two and doesn't make it. Tough loss.

I hate going for 2 there with 1:15 left. If there is 30 seconds left I love the call, but there would have been to much time left for Clemson to get into FG range.

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I hate going for 2 there with 1:15 left. If there is 30 seconds left I love the call, but there would have been to much time left for Clemson to get into FG range.
I agree, to me it tells a defense the coach doesn't think they can make a stop, and North Carolina's defense had played well.

Mack Brown obviously thought his team couldn't hang with Clemson in OT.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Wow, Minnesota didn't just screw the pooch with the Cousins contract, they screwed every animal in the barnyard.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Bad game overall for the Rams, but might as well get the bad game over with. Meanwhile 49ers can take control of the division. :D

But the big news today is the Dodgers breaking their all time season record with 106 wins.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
That vaunted Buccaneers defense!

Their defense been pretty good versus the run this year. They got some nice pieces on the defensive side.

I think they give the Saints a good test next week in the dome.

Entertaining game to watch. It was fantasy football gold. Too bad my opponent had Kupp and Gurley while I had Evans. He had the Rams D but they bailed him out with that TD. Jeebus.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Wow, Minnesota didn't just screw the pooch with the Cousins contract, they screwed every animal in the barnyard.

The QB position in the NFL is almost totally dead if you remove Mahomes from the equation. It's a position that requires no athleticism, you just have to be tall, white and have the ability to remember a playbook. And most of these tall white guys have no arms. I'm glad I grew up in a different era.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The QB position in the NFL is almost totally dead if you remove Mahomes from the equation. It's a position that requires no athleticism, you just have to be tall, white and have the ability to remember a playbook. And most of these tall white guys have no arms. I'm glad I grew up in a different era.
There is nothing wrong with cerebral QBs. If you have the mind and the legs like Deshaun Watson does, then great, but you aren't going to convince me Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, and Carson Wentz suck. Maybe these aren't the "tall, white guys" you are referring to though.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
There is nothing wrong with cerebral QBs. If you have the mind and the legs like Deshaun Watson does, then great, but you aren't going to convince me Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, and Carson Wentz suck. Maybe these aren't the "tall, white guys" you are referring to though.

No, I'm talking about the guys who get jobs and nobody knows why like Rosen. He can't throw, he can't run. Rivers can throw, Brady is the ultimate non athlete who can play the position. Trubisky can run but he can't throw the ball (maybe even more after yesterday.. But overall the QB position is seriously lacking. Most of them are limited in one way or another. A guy like Cousins has serious weapons around him in Cook, Diggs and Thelien and he is still a game manager. Make some plays dude. There are only 5 QB's averaging over 300 yards a game.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
when you KNOW the opposition is going to blitz 6 plays in a row, and you STILL can't hit a quick swing pass to beat it.... your team really, really sucks.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
No, I'm talking about the guys who get jobs and nobody knows why like Rosen. He can't throw, he can't run. Rivers can throw, Brady is the ultimate non athlete who can play the position. Trubisky can run but he can't throw the ball (maybe even more after yesterday.. But overall the QB position is seriously lacking. Most of them are limited in one way or another. A guy like Cousins has serious weapons around him in Cook, Diggs and Thelien and he is still a game manager. Make some plays dude. There are only 5 QB's averaging over 300 yards a game.
I think it speaks more to NFL teams sucking at developing QBs. That and maybe there aren't 32 NFL-quality QBs in the country.

Guys like Jalen Hurts will tear up defenses in college with superior legs and average arms, but when you get to the NFL the linebackers are just as fast as the QBs, and they will catch you.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wow, and here I thought I was enjoying Lamar Jackson, but apparently not!

The beauty of the position and why each QB is so unique is that none of them are truly flawless yet the most successful guys find a way to break through. I remember hearing Brees is too small for I don't know how many years.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Wow, and here I thought I was enjoying Lamar Jackson, but apparently not!

The beauty of the position and why each QB is so unique is that none of them are truly flawless yet the most successful guys find a way to break through. I remember hearing Brees is too small for I don't know how many years.
Nothing wrong with Lamar Jackson at all. I enjoy watching him. I think the guys who stay in the pocket are the ones who have the most success over the long haul, and play for the teams that win Super Bowls. I can't remember the last time a running QB won a Super Bowl. Now being able to avoid the rush and extend plays with athleticism like Russell Wilson did for Seattle, that is a different story. That ability makes an offense very dangerous.

Fran Tarkenton was the best scrambler of his era, and he couldn't win the big one.

Last edited:

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I don't know if Rosen has it or not for the NFL game, but his first two years in the league have had him saddled with two terrible teams.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I agree, to me it tells a defense the coach doesn't think they can make a stop, and North Carolina's defense had played well.

Mack Brown obviously thought his team couldn't hang with Clemson in OT.

I'm a big Tarheels fan that has had nothing to cheer about for years now.

Was thinking "Go for two" the entire drive. Forget about not believing in the team in OT: going for it says he believes they can get two yards and win the game in regulation.

Maybe they win in OT or Clemson's talent reigns supreme and now we are sitting here wondering what it would have looked like if they went for two instead.

This is a team that just lost at home to Appalachian State the week before. You have a chance with a young team to go up by one against Clemson? Take it. If we want to criticize anything, the option call was read right from the start and was a total disaster. Still, it felt great to watch a meaningful Heels game again. Hopefully Mack can make the program relevant again.

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm a big Tarheels fan that has had nothing to cheer about for years now.

Was thinking "Go for two" the entire drive. Forget about not believing in the team in OT: going for it says he believes they can get two yards and win the game in regulation.

Maybe they win in OT or Clemson's talent reigns supreme and now we are sitting here wondering what it would have looked like if they went for two instead.

This is a team that just lost at home to Appalachian State the week before. You have a chance with a young team to go up by one against Clemson? Take it. If we want to criticize anything, the option call was read right from the start and was a total disaster. Still, it felt great to watch a meaningful Heels game again. Hopefully Mack can make the program relevant again.
Yeah, I didn't get the selection of the option play in that situation. Clemson is very fast on defense. They are going to string that play out every time. Maybe, should have went with a roll out run/pass option with some type of pick play with the receivers. Teams usually practice two or three two-point plays a week in preparation for a game. Somehow I don't think that play was North Carolina's number 1 choice.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Yeah, I didn't get the selection of the option play in that situation. Clemson is very fast on defense. They are going to string that play out every time. Maybe, should have went with a roll out run/pass option with some type of pick play with the receivers. Teams usually practice two or three two-point plays a week in preparation for a game. Somehow I don't think that play was North Carolina's number 1 choice.

Yeah...it was trash. As a Heels fan though, I loved the lack of hesitation from Mack on the decision for two. Let's go win the thing.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What a sad sad organization. Seriously feel bad for Mike Trout my goodness.
Trout probably looks on the bright side, much like the Kings of recent years, he knows exactly what date he can set up his first tee time.

Reactions: ru4reals

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
I think they fired Ausmus as soon as they saw Maddon was available. I think Artie wants him back in the fold. He was a solid bench coach with the Angles and in Tampa Bay he really got a lot out of the younger guys.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
The Angels need to hire Maddon and then go on a shopping spree for pitching this winter. With Ohtani ready to go next season the time to strike is now.

Reactions: kingsfan28

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
The Angels need to hire Maddon and then go on a shopping spree for pitching this winter. With Ohtani ready to go next season the time to strike is now.

Yes would love them to go after Cole. He would be perfect for this organization. And if they have enough money Strasburg as well but that might not happen if they Get Cole. Would much rather have Cole personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad