OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Has this happened before in pro sports? After the first game of the season?

I guess it’s a good time for the XFL to start up again. These overpaid assholes can go play there.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Has this happened before in pro sports? After the first game of the season?

I guess it’s a good time for the XFL to start up again. These overpaid *******s can go play there.

I think the media, player agents, and players themselves are driving this to a large extent. I watched some NFL games yesterday and there was too much (IMO) discussed regarding the contracts of the top players during the game itself. As a fan I don't really care if you are the highest paid running back, QB, or wide receiver in the NFL.

Reactions: Butch 19

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I'm pretty sure the Browns have had teams full of players wanting to be traded before the first game began.
I don't understand how the Browns are even a thing at this point. They have been less than arena league caliber for like 30 years at this point. How have then not been contracted or relocated is beyond me.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I don't understand how the Browns are even a thing at this point. They have been less than arena league caliber for like 30 years at this point. How have then not been contracted or relocated is beyond me.
Ummmm...

read this
Story of 1995 Cleveland Browns Detailed on NFL Network's 'Cleveland '95: A Football Life'

or my cliff notes

in 1995 the OG Browns moved to Baltimore, they got a franchise back in 1999

The OG Browns before moving for a stadium issue, more baseball related than football . The Browns were an up and coming team with Coach Bill Bellechick with a whole bunch of future hall of fame coaches and GMs in the front office. Their owner f***ed them and they have never been the same since

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Ummmm...

read this
Story of 1995 Cleveland Browns Detailed on NFL Network's 'Cleveland '95: A Football Life'

or my cliff notes

in 1995 the OG Browns moved to Baltimore, they got a franchise back in 1999

The OG Browns before moving for a stadium issue, more baseball related than football . The Browns were an up and coming team with Coach Bill Bellechick with a whole bunch of future hall of fame coaches and GMs in the front office. Their owner ****ed them and they have never been the same since
I mean, that's lovely and all, but that is just a few months shy of being 25 years ago (f*** me, 25 years...) that they moved, or 20 years since they came "back". I know some people that are die hard Browns fans, it's not a problem with the fanbase but if you can't even luck your way into a winning season or two in 20 years, you should probably find the nearest bridge & jump.

KingKempe9

Feb 18, 2019
Funny seeing the NBA team playing off for 5th place at best at the World cup. NBA plyers and fans so over-rate themselves and so under rate players who play in other countries. NBA is full of stars but basketball is a team game - loss to Australia and a OT game against Turkey wasn't enough to make a lot of people realize how good the other TEAMS are. I wonder if ego's will allow the best players to get together and play as a team next time round.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
more ice cream, lt dan?

giphy.gif

Reactions: jfont

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Is it really that hard though for the Dodgers to beat the Giants, D-backs, Padres, and Rockies? None of these teams spend money like the Dodgers.
And don't have a farm like the Dodgers either. For all the talk of salary they sure do pump out all star rookies year after year. Guys like Muncy and Turner weren't doing much before coming to the Dodgers either. Plus, Arizona and Colorado had some pretty good teams lately.

Reactions: 21Dog

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
https://theathletic.com/1211655/2019/09/15/college-football-week-3-most-interesting-stats-numbers/

The Pac-12 is 5-6 against the Mountain West and American Athletic Conference this year.

Air Force’s win against Colorado on Saturday gave the MWC its eighth win in the past 11 against the Pac-12 going back to last year, before Washington’s blowout win against Hawaii evened the season series at 4-4. Against the American, Washington State beat Houston, but Stanford lost to UCF. That put the American at 2-1 against the Pac-12 this year and 6-3 all-time.

USC’s loss at BYU also didn’t help, but the Pac-12 did win against Michigan State (Arizona State) and Texas Tech (Arizona), putting the Pac-12 at 4-3 vs. the Power 5 this year, including 3-0 against the Big Ten.

The Pac-12 wins against the Big Ten haven't exactly been against the giants of the Big Ten conference.

Stanford beat Northwestern 17-7 week 1, Colorado beat Nebraska 34-31 in OT in week 2, and ASU beat Michigan State 10-7 in week 3.

The Pac-12 needs to start recruiting the southeastern U.S. more heavily. I know that's a tall order, but that is where the high school talent lives. More and more high school kids want to get away from home to go to college. What could be better than a school in the Pac-12?

Some people seem to think USC is ready to clean house and hire Urban Meyer. I suppose it could happen, but I don't think it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad