OT: Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Being a Chargers fan is going to cut years off my life.

I’m a Saints fan, but I have always had a soft spot for the Bolts. Just love the compete level of Rivers.

I hope they beat New England next week. They have a legit shot. Just hope Melvin Gordon is good to go. I know he got dinged up today, but still was able to play the entire game.

James has been awesome for them as a rookie on the defensive side of the football.

Looks like they finally found a kicker in Badgely. Best one since Carney by the looks of it.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I’m a Saints fan, but I have always had a soft spot for the Bolts. Just love the compete level of Rivers.

I hope they beat New England next week. They have a legit shot. Just hope Melvin Gordon is good to go. I know he got dinged up today, but still was able to play the entire game.

James has been awesome for them as a rookie on the defensive side of the football.

Looks like they finally found a kicker in Badgely. Best one since Carney by the looks of it.
Not that Goff is a bad QB, but imagine if the Rams had Rivers on their current roster. Rivers is a gunslinger.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Pretty sure the Rams would like to see Philadelphia beat Chicago to set up:

Philadelphia at New Orleans

Dallas at LA Rams

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Philadelphia ices the Chicago kicker, and it works!! The kick hits the left upright then the crossbar, and it stays out.

Next week: Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Rams

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Cowboys are definitely not going to be easy they have a pretty damn good defense. If our D contains Elliot we have a great chance.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I think it'll be Chargers/Chiefs in the AFC, just feel like those are the two most talented teams in the conference and it would be fitting if they played a 3rd time. Tough to go against Brady and Belichick but the difference in talent is pretty significant.

In the NFC I have Saints/Rams, I think the Saints win rather easily while the Rams have a bit of a tougher time but ultimately prevail. There are going to be a ton of Cowboys fans in the Coliseum next week.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I think it'll be Chargers/Chiefs in the AFC, just feel like those are the two most talented teams in the conference and it would be fitting if they played a 3rd time. Tough to go against Brady and Belichick but the difference in talent is pretty significant.

In the NFC I have Saints/Rams, I think the Saints win rather easily while the Rams have a bit of a tougher time but ultimately prevail. There are going to be a ton of Cowboys fans in the Coliseum next week.

And you can bet that the criminal that said f*** the Rams on live TV on channel 7 will be in attendance.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

But here's the the thing about the playoffs, just like a pitcher in baseball your QB has such a major impact.

Mahomes? Young and doesn't have the experience yet but I think he's that good.

Ryan Leaf on the other hand? Umm.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Would not shock me to see the Colts knock off the Chiefs. That Colts D has been solid this season and the Chiefs D has been Swiss cheese.

Colts should be able to run the ball and control the clock keeping the Chiefs offense off the field.

Colts @ Bolts, AFC Champ Game.

I wonder if the NFL would look to move that game to the Coliseum? Lots of variables involved for this (Bolts win/Saints win to host NFC champ) to be a possibility but it would make sense.

Thoughts?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Would not shock me to see the Colts knock off the Chiefs. That Colts D has been solid this season and the Chiefs D has been Swiss cheese.

Colts should be able to run the ball and control the clock keeping the Chiefs offense off the field.

Colts @ Bolts, AFC Champ Game.

I wonder if the NFL would look to move that game to the Coliseum? Lots of variables involved for this (Bolts win/Saints win to host NFC champ) to be a possibility but it would make sense.

Thoughts?
What a weekend it would be for the NFL in Los Angeles if it was:

Indianapolis at Los Angeles Chargers in the AFC Championship

and

Chicago at Los Angeles Rams in the NFC Championship

Reactions: Butch 19

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Looking at the opening lines:

The Rams are 7 point favorites over Dallas; to bet the Rams to win straight up you need to bet $330 to win $100

The Chargers are 4.5 point dogs in New England; if you bet the Chargers to win straight up you can bet $100 and win $180

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
What a weekend it would be for the NFL in Los Angeles if it was:

Indianapolis at Los Angeles Chargers in the AFC Championship

and

Chicago at Los Angeles Rams in the NFC Championship

my #1 key for a Rams win: Goff needs to KNOW when he has to throw the ball away. He hangs onto it for waaaay too long trying to make a play. and he's not fast enough to create yards out of nothing.

#2 - they have to adjust(??) their defense. Everyone runs and throws against the Rams. They need to get some (many!!) 3-and-outs

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
my #1 key for a Rams win: Goff needs to KNOW when he has to throw the ball away. He hangs onto it for waaaay too long trying to make a play. and he's not fast enough to create yards out of nothing.

#2 - they have to adjust(??) their defense. Everyone runs and throws against the Rams. They need to get some (many!!) 3-and-outs
I think the Rams have to stop Elliott first, then get to Prescott and sack him.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I don't know who Clemson's defensive coordinator is, but his scheme for this Alabama team has been great in the first half. Tua is completely confused by their coverages and blitzes.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Clemson putting an ass whoopin' on Alabama, the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time for The Crimson Tide.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Gonna be an ugly invasion of Cowboys fans at the Coliseum. But not the exaggeration of 75% Cowboy fans that morons suggest it will be. It will still be majority Rams fans

Reactions: 21Dog

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Gonna be an ugly invasion of Cowboys fans at the Coliseum. But not the exaggeration of 75% Cowboy fans that morons suggest it will be. It will still be majority Rams fans
I dunno, with the mass exodus of Californians to North Texas that is taking place I expect a mass invasion of Rams fans at AT&T Stadium the next time the Rams play in Dallas.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Cowboys fanbase is just enormous, and it's truly a nationwide following. I've been lucky to live in a few different regions in the country and there are Cowboy fans everywhere. The next biggest fanbase is probably the Steelers but it's really not close. Just a perfect storm with so many transplants living in SoCal and the SoCal fans being way more casual than most places. The swing in ticket prices from the Saints and Rams games after Parkey missed that kick was insane.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Cowboys fanbase is just enormous, and it's truly a nationwide following. I've been lucky to live in a few different regions in the country and there are Cowboy fans everywhere. The next biggest fanbase is probably the Steelers but it's really not close. Just a perfect storm with so many transplants living in SoCal and the SoCal fans being way more casual than most places. The swing in ticket prices from the Saints and Rams games after Parkey missed that kick was insane.
I think when it comes to my generation the Cowboys really got rolling when their game was on CBS TV every Sunday in every market which didn't have an NFL team. Those were the days of Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, D.D. Lewis, LeeRoy Jordan, Walt Garrison, etc. etc. I was not one of those Cowboy fans. For some reason I gravitated to the Vikings and Joe Kapp, then Fran Tarkenton. Just something about being able to see the breath of every player on the field looking like steam. The Purple People Eaters were pretty good as well.

Almost everyone where I grew up in Phoenix were huge Cowboy fans because they watched them on TV every Sunday. Didn't matter that the Rams were geographically closer. When it came to baseball though, it was the Dodgers and Vin Scully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad