Other Hockey talk (NCAA, ECHL, AHL, KHL, etc.)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
How did they not see this coming?

1) Detroit has had a long standing tradition of fans throwing an octopus onto the ice during home playoff games.
2) Every league has a long standing tradition of fans throwing hats onto the ice after a player scores 3 goals.
3) Detroit's AHL affiliate has a fundraise which puts foam pucks, to be thrown for charity.

They didn't think this fans would chuck them onto the ice at some point? I'm shocked it was only 9 that threw them.

Reactions: DaveG and cptjeff

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
How did they not see this coming?

1) Detroit has had a long standing tradition of fans throwing an octopus onto the ice during home playoff games.
2) Every league has a long standing tradition of fans throwing hats onto the ice after a player scores 3 goals.
3) Detroit's AHL affiliate has a fundraise which puts foam pucks, to be thrown for charity.

They didn't think this fans would chuck them onto the ice at some point? I'm shocked it was only 9 that threw them.
Checkers have been doing this (Chuck-A-Puck) for at least 20 years and I can't recall there ever being an issue...maybe it's happened 1-2 times where one got thrown onto the ice during the game. Also, USUALLY unless it's really egregious (like during play or continued over a prolonged period of time), officials usually give a warning and the arena basically announces "don't do that shit again", and anything after that gets penalized. But yea, drunks and emotions (really high or really low) do NOT mix.

Reactions: geehaad and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad