Other Hockey talk (NCAA, ECHL, AHL, KHL, etc.)

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Thought maybe I'd start a discussion dedicated to all the irrelevant leagues out there :sarcasm: Don't think we've ever really had one but if we do mods feel free to merge it.

In all seriousness though, anyone here follow NCAA Hockey? I'm going to try to get into it this season since I know NBCSN airs games on Friday nights. Who is expected to be good this season? It looks like Notre Dame and Penn State joined the Divison-1 ranks and have good squads according to this https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2017/04/27_CHNs-Super-Early-Top-10-For.php

I'm also going to try to keep up with the rest of the AHL outside the Checkers like I did the first year the Chex made the jump to the 'A'. I'm also waiting for a return of the Columbia Inferno, Augusta Lynx, Greensboro Generals, and the long-awaited debut of the Myrtle Beach Thunderboltz. Southern-fried Hockey y'all! :yo:

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
f*** it. All I wanted to do was add a meme image...what is so f***ing difficult about that, mandatory.com?!?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Thanks for the lesson, I'm afraid I'm dense. I click on the Image icon (looks like a picture of scenery), and it produces a entry box titled Image and prompts for the URL for an image. I pasted that URL, click Insert, and it all looks fine...it's got [I M G] [the URL] and [/I M G]. I click Post Reply and my post is merely this: [I M G]. And this happens about 50%-ish of the time I attempt to insert an image.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Thanks for the lesson, I'm afraid I'm dense. I click on the Image icon (looks like a picture of scenery), and it produces a entry box titled Image and prompts for the URL for an image. I pasted that URL, click Insert, and it all looks fine...it's got [I M G] [the URL] and [/I M G]. I click Post Reply and my post is merely this: [I M G]. And this happens about 50%-ish of the time I attempt to insert an image.

You're not the only one.

I've had that happen to me a few times while trying to post a picture from my laptop. I'm using the correct link to the image (not the website the image is hosted on) and I either get the

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
You're not the only one.

I've had that happen to me a few times while trying to post a picture from my laptop. I'm using the correct link to the image (not the website the image is hosted on) and I either get the
And I can see that you had thoughts that followed at the end of that sentence that were killed by the site's botching of handling the IMG tag correctly...

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
And I can see that you had thoughts that followed at the end of that sentence that were killed by the site's botching of handling the IMG tag correctly...

Yup, second time that’s happened to me in the past two days and I didn’t notice originally when posting.

I was trying to say that it always works perfectly when I post from either of my iPhones. I can try over and over from my laptop and it never works.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
no way, I will never give up cheering for Latvia when there is international games, we suck every year, but when they win it`s so special

Didn’t realize you were Latvian. You guys always look like you’re having the most fun at international games regardless of the outcome. Every Latvian game I’ve ever seen has some of the best fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad