GDT: Other Games Around The League 2021 - now with 100% more playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Maybe as a franchise and the fans certainly are being spoiled but the players have all pretty much struggled individually on other teams. But I don't particularly care for their lack of accountability. Bad calls happen all the time. You still have to kill them off.
The players picked were all young. Outside of Fleury how many of the original picks were over 27? Bellamare? Englland? Neal? Can’t think of any others. Guys like Shea barely had a season’s worth of games and most of the others hadn’t been around long enough. It was a perfect storm for a lot of players but disaster for when the expectations are high.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The players picked were all young. Outside of Fleury how many of the original picks were over 27? Bellamare? Englland? Neal? Can’t think of any others. Guys like Shea barely had a season’s worth of games and most of the others hadn’t been around long enough. It was a perfect storm for a lot of players but disaster for when the expectations are high.

You don't need to be over 27 to understand the struggles of losing. I mean Marleau had lost how many playoff series by 27? The franchise hasn't endured shit. The players have just by nature of being cast off to them.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
You don't need to be over 27 to understand the struggles of losing. I mean Marleau had lost how many playoff series by 27? The franchise hasn't endured shit. The players have just by nature of being cast off to them.
Losing in the playoffs and just outright losing in the regular season are two different things.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Losing in the playoffs and just outright losing in the regular season are two different things.

They've all done it at one level or another and the difference is minimal to those involved in playing. Losing sucks no matter when it is.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
They've all done it at one level or another and the difference is minimal to those involved in playing. Losing sucks no matter when it is.
Well then I guess you have all the answers. They managed to accumulate a team full of guys that don’t know how to overcome adversity.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well then I guess you have all the answers. They managed to accumulate a team full of guys that don’t know how to overcome adversity.

It's cute that you want to throw that first line out there. I disagree that they don't overcome adversity. They don't always but they have plenty of times even if I don't like them.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
So glad Scheifele got the ban hammer, disgusting, cowardly, pointless and dangerous hit for no other purpose but to take his frustration out. I also hate WPG so that makes me happier about it.

Hope Evans makes a full and speedy recovery, and MTL beats the crap out of WPG in 4.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Well if the NHL wants the Canadian team in the third round to be able to travel back and forth across the border the Quebec health authority should be a lot easier to negotiate with than Manitoba...

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I know the Sharks as an org doesn't have the depth and high-end talent that Tampa has, or even Carolina to an extent, but watching these games makes me really double down on thinking our coaching is just awful. Teams that are left in the playoffs are all playing greater than the sum of their parts, and the Sharks consistently played well below that.

Reactions: Gunnin54 and Friday

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
So glad Scheifele got the ban hammer, disgusting, cowardly, pointless and dangerous hit for no other purpose but to take his frustration out. I also hate WPG so that makes me happier about it.

Hope Evans makes a full and speedy recovery, and MTL beats the crap out of WPG in 4.
I'm glad he got suspended. I was actually hoping for Winn to win this series though so I guess that's out the window. Don't really care for the Habs...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I know the Sharks as an org doesn't have the depth and high-end talent that Tampa has, or even Carolina to an extent, but watching these games makes me really double down on thinking our coaching is just awful. Teams that are left in the playoffs are all playing greater than the sum of their parts, and the Sharks consistently played well below that.
I disagree. I think it speaks to just how bad many of the parts were this season. You also have to remember that the playoffs are a different level of intensity for the players than the Sharks playing out the string when last we saw them.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

The best teams always look like more than the sum of their parts because they have great players who can elevate the play of everyone around them. That's what Joe Thornton did (in the RS) for more than a decade.

Goodrow's numbers and play aren't all better because of Jon Cooper, but because he's a hyena to Kucherov/Hedman/Vasilevskiy's lions.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I disagree. I think it speaks to just how bad many of the parts were this season. You also have to remember that the playoffs are a different level of intensity for the players than the Sharks playing out the string when last we saw them.
I think it's both. The players stink and the coaching stinks.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Very Sharky sequence there.

Star defenseman Pietrangelo takes point shot. Guy in front of net gets rebound and scores, smiles all around. Two shifts later, Knights give up goal where they easily concede the dzone.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
While I hardly think our coaches are elevating the team, they aren't the problem either. At the end of the day we have no superstar players, and our depth is non-existent. Most nights we had 1 effective line and even then no one was scared of Couture or Hertls line.

Our defense core is a collection of used to be good. I would argue we don't have a top pairing guy anymore let alone a true 1D. Ferraro may become a top pairing defenseman in the next couple of seasons but he isn't there yet. And our 3 stooges of defenseman will likely continue to decline.

Jones was our starter. Nuff said.

We just don't have the talent to compete let alone contend. Regardless of who is coaching

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
While I hardly think our coaches are elevating the team, they aren't the problem either. At the end of the day we have no superstar players, and our depth is non-existent. Most nights we had 1 effective line and even then no one was scared of Couture or Hertls line.
We have enough talent to not have the third worst PP in the NHL.

Reactions: Alwalys
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland