OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Tami you’d get along with my old neighbor really well. He officiates the Outlaw games. Really good guy. Dude is always on the road to some weird cool places.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol, no best ran sports team is in a league with simply 9 other teams. That is such a small sample size it's hilarious to even state that just as Habs fans their team is the best when majority of their Cups came in like 6 team league and got free dibs from province of Quebec.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Lol, no best ran sports team is in a league with simply 9 other teams. That is such a small sample size it's hilarious to even state that just as Habs fans their team is the best when majority of their Cups came in like 6 team league and got free dibs from province of Quebec.
It's harder to do that in a nine team league. Every team in the MLL is basically an All Star team at this point. 5 other MLL teams have folded during the Outlaws' lifespan as well.

In 2016, 7 of the 9 teams in the league tied for the best record. All of them were 8-6.

The Outlaws are the only team that's good every year, no matter what. The worst season they ever turned in was 7-7, and that was one time. The year after they won their first title and their starting goalie and best defenseman retired. Every other team in the league has multiple losing seasons since the Outlaws came into the league except two that died in 2008.

Losing seasons in the MLL since 2006
Outlaws (2006-present): 0
Barrage (2006-2008): 0
Riptide (2006-2008): 0
Dragons (2006-2008): 2
Pride (2006-2008): 2
Dragons (2006-2008): 2
Nationals (2009-2013): 2
Blaze (2015-present): 2
Rattlers (2006-present): 3
Launch (2014-present): 4
Hounds (2012-present): 4
Cannons (2006-present): 5
Lizards (2006-present): 5
Machine (2006-2010, 2012-present): 5
Bayhawks (2006-present): 6

Last edited:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Faried arrested for pot possession in New York. Apparently had over 2 ounces on him, a misdemeanor.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Talk about a nostalgia trip. Watch him Giambi the Rockies into the NL West title.
Good thing about this is that this isn’t a PR move, he actually has a good chance of helping this team a lot. 125 wRC+ against lefties last year and has been great in AAA.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I like them taking a chance with Holliday to give them some extra oomph in the lineup - they need it badly. But trotting him out there to play LF is a little questionable IMO. I like him much better as a bench bat.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Where are the Broncos hot takes? I get that preseason is mostly meaningless, but it didn't stop you guys after the first game.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Where are the Broncos hot takes? I get that preseason is mostly meaningless, but it didn't stop you guys after the first game.

My takes, for whatever they’re worth -

1) I don’t like Davonte Booker at all. Honestly he looks like their third best back behind two rookies. The thing that concerns me most is that most rookie RBs have no clue how to pass block, so if Booker can’t impress we may have Freeman/Lindsay in there and give up sacks because of the RB position. I am a little surprised that there’s not talk of bringing in a veteran even just to play on pass downs. I haven’t mentioned D’Angelo but they seem like they don’t like him at all for whatever reason?

2) The third CB position is a very real concern right now. There’s not a guy who has stood out yet. The rookie (forget his name) has played well but is getting burnt on plays where he has to turn his head and make adjustments to find the ball. Whoever the third guy is - teams are going to pick on him all season long.

3) Not a fan of the D Coordinator but Musgrave has shown some solid things this preseason. Mile High Report has a few really good reads/videos on what Musgrave is doing. They are excellent articles if you’re a Broncos fan. I can see Musgrave getting head coaching considerations after this year or next. Part of me thinks he should have Vance’s job.

4) I don’t think they’re giving Lindsay a fair shot at the kick return duties. And I don’t understand why - Lindsay has a lot more potential at RB than McKenzie has at WR.

5) I wouldn’t be shocked to see them bring in a CB, RB, or ILB from another team. I could see them trading a OLB, DL, or WR. They’re incredibly deep at those positions.

6) I personally think Paxton’s gone but the money thing is complicated. Do they buy him out? If they don’t it just seems like a waste of a roster spot. But then again if they do cut him - they are going to need a 3rd QB either on the roster or on the practice squad. So look for a QB out there to be added from other teams cuts or trade.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I see Michael Dickson is being the same player in the NFL like he was in college, and that’s being the MVP of his team as a punter.

Will never forget his work in the bowl game against Missouri.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
CU should fire everyone if they don't beat CSU on Friday.

Preston Williams is really good, seems like CSU always have a great WR on the roster.

Last edited:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Welp, college football season is over.

Losing to Hawaii at home? They should've cleared out Bobo's office while he was taking to the media.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I never thought I'd say it, but I like the Pac-Man signing

Cut McKenzie, keep Lindsay...Pac-Man is your third corner and kick/punt returner....solves so many roster spot issues. And VJ's already worked with Pac Man in the past so if he becomes a problem it gets both VJ and PacMan kicked to the curb as a package deal.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Welp, college football season is over.

Losing to Hawaii at home? They should've cleared out Bobo's office while he was taking to the media.

CSU definitely needs to can Bobo.......I'm about 80% there on Coach Mac. I feel like most of Mac's success was because of Leavitt.

Is Air Force going to be any good this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad