OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Great way to prepare for the one guy they knew they had to prepare for. The tight end might have 200 yards by the half.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Jamal Murray questionable for Monday's game with a shin injury.

That's four starters down, plus Thomas and Porter.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I’m sitting in a bar getting a couple drinks between shifts and I just caught the last 10 minutes of this game. Have they really given up 210 yards and a TD to a Tight End :laugh:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
they are playing like they are intimidated. scared. what a joke of a first half almost as bad the jets game.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Omg. How is this team 6-6. I don't get it. Should be 2-10.

1st and goal from the one yard line - four straight passing plays. HOW DO YOU NOT RUN THE BALL. Thankfully they scored on 4th down but by a hair.

Case Keenum is garbage. One of the worst QB's I have ever seen.

Reactions: AvsWraith

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Garbage coach garbage season. will probably go 8-8 and won't get close to a good pick.

Reactions: AvsWraith

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
That effectively ends their season. It’s not easy when you lose Harris and Sanders but they were on the field for the Jets loss.

Keenum hasn’t been good. But he’s been an upgrade from Simian. Whether he’s worth the money is another question. Having said that, Minnesota might be even worse off giving all that money to Cousins. Keenum has done little to prevent Denver from drafting a QB.

Regarding Vance Joseph, the product simply hasn’t been good enough. The defense looks like a shell of it former self and should have been better. The first red flag in my eyes when the Broncos came off a bye and lost to the Giants (who picked 2nd in the draft). It was a mistake letting Wade walk out the door.

Choosing Roby over Talib hasn’t worked out. They might need to draft another CB with a high pick. FWIW, I’m not criticizing the choice of Roby over Talib but it’s not like you can always know the outcome and in theory, it was the right move.

I think it’s a mistake to expect another big season from Lindsey and Freeman hasn’t exactly jumped off the screen.

This season was a big bummer but the writing was on the wall when they lost to the Jets.

Reactions: bl02

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Honestly, I'd rather have Siemian in there.

Both QB's are hot garbage, but at least Siemian was getting paid peanuts, and could easily be kicked to the curve with no cap hit.

Elway needs to fire everyone on the coaching staff the moment the season is over, and then maybe fire himself too.

Reactions: Grackle Party

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
That effectively ends their season. It’s not easy when you lose Harris and Sanders but they were on the field for the Jets loss.

Keenum hasn’t been good. But he’s been an upgrade from Simian. Whether he’s worth the money is another question. Having said that, Minnesota might be even worse off giving all that money to Cousins. Keenum has done little to prevent Denver from drafting a QB.

Regarding Vance Joseph, the product simply hasn’t been good enough. The defense looks like a shell of it former self and should have been better. The first red flag in my eyes when the Broncos came off a bye and lost to the Giants (who picked 2nd in the draft). It was a mistake letting Wade walk out the door.

Choosing Roby over Talib hasn’t worked out. They might need to draft another CB with a high pick. FWIW, I’m not criticizing the choice of Roby over Talib but it’s not like you can always know the outcome and in theory, it was the right move.

I think it’s a mistake to expect another big season from Lindsey and Freeman hasn’t exactly jumped off the screen.

This season was a big bummer but the writing was on the wall when they lost to the Jets.
I'm sorry but the injuries excuse doesn't play with me at all. Simply put the roster we put out yesterday was more talented than the 49ers roster yesterday. And yet we still got worked.

VJ is a trash coach. There is just no getting around this. He simply doesn't have his team ready to play, ever. Some lucky wins where we got out played the past few weeks didn't change this. What we saw on the field yesterday is the true identity of the team.

The rest of your points are 100% valid Keenum sucks and is a career backup, who can have good moments if you surround him with a highly talented team like Minnesota last year. But it's incredibly average on a mediocre team like the Broncos.

I do see any reason why Lindsay can't continue to play at a quality level, he is a very hard worker, one bad day isn't the end of his career. Freeman on the other hand kind of looks like crap to me. I've haven't seen anything from him this year that stands out.

This team simply won't get better until they take out the trash. That means everyone from Elway to VJ to everyone on the coaching staff. It stinks out at Dove Valley right now and I don't see it changing any time soon.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah I don’t think are team is that much more talented than the 9’ers. Especially with who we have injured.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Considering how much you guys trash the Broncos, you would think that you'd all save your time from watching a four hour snoozefest.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Considering how much you guys trash the Broncos, you would think that you'd all save your time from watching a four hour snoozefest.
Jokes on you, I watched the four hour snoozefest between Cowboys vs. Eagles vs. Refs instead

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jokes on you, I watched the four hour snoozefest between Cowboys vs. Eagles vs. Refs instead
How my flares were smuggled (by taping them to your child) inside the stadium though like that Boca/River match? :sarcasm: Now that's entertainment!

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Didn't bother watching the game at all, I figured it was gonna be an ugly win, or an ugly loss.

Bummed about the Nuggets basically falling apart due to injuries. Not sure what they can do to fix that. They were wise not to give Milsap max term.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I've long thought that Bradley Roby sucks, so even though moving on from Talib was the right call, I don't think making Roby the de-facto #2 corner was the right move. He's trash, he always has been. It's just getting magnified now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad