OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
So who,would win the Ken Bell Trophy for Broncos least valuable player?

Garret Bolles?
Bolles is extremely annoying with the holding calls, but every now and then he has a good game. I'd have to give it to Davis. That man is a constant steam of terrible defending the pass.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Honestly, I'll rather not hire EB.

Sark rejected us :cry: he's the guy I wanted the most after Grinch.

Also reports of CU expanding their list implies that it won't be Troy Calhoun nor Bert, thank f***ing god.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Sarkisian? Really?

Just go with Chiaverini.
Yep, elite recruiter that is familiar with the Pac-12. Obviously, you have to hope his demons are behind him, but this is all for naught anyways.

I love Chev, he shouldn't be a head coach. His stint as an OC here was atrocious and he basically has 0 connections to hire quality assistants. If CU really wants an alum as their head coach, the only option is Ryan Walters.

Reactions: Pokecheque

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I wonder if EB recommended Dorrell to Rick George. Dorrell poached both EB and Embree to UCLA and that's how CU lost Maurice Jones-Drew to UCLA.

Karl f***ing Dorrell ugh

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nuggets got absolutely destroyed by Kawhi and the Clippers tonight. Started out bad and just never got it together.

Malone, for some weird reason, only played MPJ for 4 minutes tonight, and MPJ apparently stormed out of the locker room tonight without talking to reporters.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Nuggets got absolutely destroyed by Kawhi and the Clippers tonight. Started out bad and just never got it together.

Malone, for some weird reason, only played MPJ for 4 minutes tonight, and MPJ apparently stormed out of the locker room tonight without talking to reporters.

Yeah, we've got a problem. Barton, Harris, and Milsap are unreliable, especially against the top teams. To call Gary Harris streaky would be a compliment because I've never seen so many misses on wide open threes this season. I've also never seen so many needless turnovers either. The Nuggets have to be worst in the league at allowing offensive rebounds. And yeah, Malone needs to up MPJ's minutes because we desperately need a star forward to go with Murray and Jokic.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, why do I get the feeling that they are going to be out after the first round this year?

Feels like something went way wrong after the All-Star break. I don't know what though. Malone says their defense has imploded since then, and Adam Mares noted on Twitter there's a pall in the locker room that fell around that time, very, very strange. I think things may have gotten a little worse at the deadline, as it really feels like they swung those deals in order to swing an even bigger one (rumor was Jrue Holiday, which would've boosted their defense quite a bit) and they weren't able to complete it. I may be completely wrong but I really don't understand what's wrong with them. They should be demolishing teams right now.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
The Nuggets have had a tendency to lay a dud every once in a while. They've lost a lot of games to bad teams this year, but they also have one of the best records in the league against playoff teams. Last night was bad no doubt. For whatever reason they are a team that can lose at home to the Warriors or Cavs then beat Milwaukee on the road on the second night of a back to back. They've got a pretty brutal seven game stretch coming up with games against the Bucks, Lakers, Clippers and Raptors, plus road games against the Mavs and Thunder (a road game against the Spurs is the easiest game in that stretch). We should have an idea how ready or not this team is for the playoffs after that stretch.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Feels like something went way wrong after the All-Star break. I don't know what though. Malone says their defense has imploded since then, and Adam Mares noted on Twitter there's a pall in the locker room that fell around that time, very, very strange. I think things may have gotten a little worse at the deadline, as it really feels like they swung those deals in order to swing an even bigger one (rumor was Jrue Holiday, which would've boosted their defense quite a bit) and they weren't able to complete it. I may be completely wrong but I really don't understand what's wrong with them. They should be demolishing teams right now.

Yeah, I honestly thought Holiday would be a Nugget after those moves were made. Instead, we brought in players who won't see any significant playing time. Very strange.

And yes, the defense is just awful. My nightmare is to play someone like Houston in the playoffs, and just watch Harden and Westbrook tear us to pieces.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
And yes, the defense is just awful. My nightmare is to play someone like Houston in the playoffs, and just watch Harden and Westbrook tear us to pieces.

I actually think adding swapping Paul for Westbrook and then trading Capella makes Houston a much easier matchup for the Nuggets (it was a nightmare matchup before). The LA teams have the most for the Nuggets to worry about in the West, and then their own inconsistencies.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I actually think adding swapping Paul for Westbrook and then trading Capella makes Houston a much easier matchup for the Nuggets (it was a nightmare matchup before). The LA teams have the most for the Nuggets to worry about in the West, and then their own inconsistencies.

Yeah, the Lakers are pretty much an auto-loss anyways. Can't compete with three towers and LBJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad