Other Chicago Sports LXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Current leader, Kim Jung Un, went to school in Switzerland. He became a huge fan of the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan. By default, Kim became a fan of Dennis Rodman too. Hence, he once invited Rodman to North Korea, which he accepted. Then Rodman decided to invite some of his NBA peers to North Korea (money involved) for an exhibition. He thought basketball would create some peace bridge between the North and South Korea/Japan. The guy is clueless.

First, no one in South Korea hates North Koreans. They believe themselves as one country/people. Second, the South Koreans have a distrust for The Kim Family and their regime. North Korea's entire ideology is that The Kim Family are gods AND Japan/South Korea/United States are pure EVIL. When the ideology is exactly that, there are NO negotiations. North Korea wants Japan, South Korea, and the US to suffer and go down in flames.

Dennis Rodman never took the time to study the history of North Korea. Now he 'thinks' he knows what's best for Korea. This idiot who can't even maintain a decent relationship with his children.

I was stationed in South Korea for 11 months & 1 in Japan. Incredible culture and very proud people.

Reactions: AmericanDream

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
The Cubs are so depressing this year. Now they may not even make the wildcard because they're getting beat by the friggin Padres.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I think it's more than just Lester. Something's been "off" with this team for a while.

I don't disagree. But Lester not providing an extra 3-4 wins exposes whatever it is that has been off with the rest of the team. There are plenty of other issues to point the finger at as well.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Cubs pitching is just so damn up and down - there is no clear ace here, no one to hand a ball to and say go get em...nearly every team has that guy or even two in the wild card hunt..Milwaukee more like us without Woodruff...Cardinals have their two horses...Mets have two horses..Nats have 3 horses...Arizona might not have the proven horses, but damn their young guys are looking strong..we just really do not..

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I honestly think it's more the offense. They are 13th as a team in wRC+ whereas their staff as a whole has the 6th best ERA in baseball.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I honestly think it's more the offense. They are 13th as a team in wRC+ whereas their staff as a whole has the 6th best ERA in baseball.
yeah the numbers overall are solid, but there just is not one guy that I have faith in to win a "must win" game. that used to be both Lester and Hendricks, I just don't have that faith anymore..nearly every team in the WC hunt has that 1-2 big game pitcher that they can throw out there to win the game, who would be our guy??? Lester?? Hendricks?? Darvish?? at this point might be Darvish, but that is my point..and the bullpen is just all over the place yet again with fill ins and guys hurt.

the offense is streaky as hell which makes this just a wicked combo. a lot has gone wrong for the Cubs, no hiding it. but there are positives as well, and Castellanos hopefully is one of the bright spots if we sign him again...

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Cubs pitching is just so damn up and down - there is no clear ace here, no one to hand a ball to and say go get em...nearly every team has that guy or even two in the wild card hunt..Milwaukee more like us without Woodruff...Cardinals have their two horses...Mets have two horses..Nats have 3 horses...Arizona might not have the proven horses, but damn their young guys are looking strong..we just really do not..

Who are the Cardinals 2 horses? Hendricks has a 3.33 ERA. Noted top of the rotation starter and ace Lucas Giolito has a 3.27 for comparison. Noted horse Strasberg has a 3.47

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
The Cubs problem is the offense is up and down and the bullpen and defense are bad.
I know this doesn't tell the full story but Cubs relievers have the 7th best ERA in baseball. The bullpen was an absolute disaster to start the year but since then they've been a top 5 bullpen in terms of ERA.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I know this doesn't tell the full story but Cubs relievers have the 7th best ERA in baseball. The bullpen was an absolute disaster to start the year but since then they've been a top 5 bullpen in terms of ERA.

Ya but they have 26 blown saves (4rd in baseball)

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
So the actual runs a pitcher gives up is not that important? If so you must really hate Dakota Hudson and his 4.96 FIP, oh wait, he's a horse.
How am I supposed to have confidence in a guy when I know he's got all kinds of helium on that ERA?

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
How am I supposed to have confidence in a guy when I know he's got all kinds of helium on that ERA?
We're talking about past performance in which case ERA is the dominant thing that matters. If we are talking about going forward, which is the best pitcher/the one we'd want next year, etc. then other factors would come into play obviously. We are talking about past results though.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

There are guys that significantly outperform FIP and xFIP for their careers. Hendricks is one of them. Obviously in a perfect world you'd like to have all 3 line up.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So the actual runs a pitcher gives up is not that important? If so you must really hate Dakota Hudson and his 4.96 FIP, oh wait, he's a horse.
because it is not just as simple as ERA = best pitcher. and FIP?? lol, you just said ERA is all that matters in the end..

Wade Miley has a 3.74 era - James Paxton has a 3.96 era - according to you Miley is the better pitcher...Hudson is a 24 year old rookie - he is a young horse that will have ups and downs as well..I would still take him right now over any Cubs pitcher in a 1 and done scenario. right now the Cubs do not have that pitcher that can go out and dominate a 1 game situation. funny how you asked who the Cards horses are then not comment on Flaherty as well..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the only Cubs pitcher I have any faith in for a WC game is Hendricks..I have little to none left in Lester though the pedigree has been there for a decade. Darvish can easily shit the bed and has folded under pressure before. Hendricks would be my WC starter if the Cubs even get to that point, and even that does not make me happy knowing we would likely be going up against Scherzer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad