OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXXVII: Arrieta no hits the Dodgers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
And that's WHY you don't go to the pen 3 times in one inning. You are bound to end up with a pile of crap as relievers are so volatile.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Unbelievable. Hammel should have been pulled after the HR. And Grimm, who is the best reliever we have (along with Rondon) should have been left in the game. Awful managing in this one by Maddon.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yikes Zac, at least wait until the Cubs actually blow it to go full freakout. That inning was disturbing, but the Cards were bound to give a little resistance at some point. Just surprised it took that long, actually. Now a sweep would be awesome tomorrow, but I can say this series is a success no matter what goes down tomorrow, and that is a positive this time of year.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Tough loss but still a series win, I know people will blame the pen but the offense couldn't convert a number of times with men on base.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The offense gave them plenty of runs this series, asking the bullpen to hold down a 2 run lead for two innings isn't too much to ask, in my opinion. Sometimes you just gotta grind out wins like that.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Merely pointing out that if they were able to score more than 3 runs on 11 hits, they wouldn't have been in such a precarious situation in the first place.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I totally agree, but I guess I just don't like putting Strop in at all, the Cards own him. And then the other relievers couldn't fix it for him either. Waste to a wonderful performance by Lester.

ObeyPerry

Sep 5, 2011
Chicago, IL
Tough loss but still a series win, I know people will blame the pen but the offense couldn't convert a number of times with men on base.

Doesn't matter. The SP pitched well enough for the Cub to win only scoring 4 runs. I don't see too many teams scoring 9 runs every game. This one is on the bullpen which is the most concerning aspect of the team heading into a playoff game.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
This is about the 3rd or 4th game the Cards have lucked into a win against us. I hate that team.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Yikes Zac, at least wait until the Cubs actually blow it to go full freakout. That inning was disturbing, but the Cards were bound to give a little resistance at some point. Just surprised it took that long, actually. Now a sweep would be awesome tomorrow, but I can say this series is a success no matter what goes down tomorrow, and that is a positive this time of year.

It was pretty bad mismanagement. His continued use of Richard, who never should have been acquired in the first place, is baffling. He sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad