OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXXVII: Arrieta no hits the Dodgers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObeyPerry

Sep 5, 2011
Chicago, IL
What do you expect out of Costas? That guy is a Cardinal shill almost as much as Buck and McCarver. Other than that he was pretty accurate.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
What do you expect out of Costas? That guy is a Cardinal shill almost as much as Buck and McCarver. Other than that he was pretty accurate.

"Strop hasn't been good here tonight, fans. He was fortunately to get out of the jam with only one run given up."

He could used something similar to that ^ and been just as accurate. He simply wanted to go with the over-the-top dramatics and it was too much. He's a dick.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Do they keep a strength of schedule metric for baseball and if so where can I find it? Seems every day the Cubs are playing a winning team

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
This Cubs team feels kinda like the Hawks in 2008-09. Young, exciting, competitive, rising but not quite good enough or experienced enough and needed to learn some things from big brother Detroit Red Wings. Replace the Wings with the Cardinals and swap the Hawks for the Cubs and you sort of have a current equivalent.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Keep seeing this comparison, here and else where. I don't see the Cubs in the NLCS. I'll give you 07-08, missing the playoffs by a slim margin, I guess.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Keep seeing this comparison, here and else where. I don't see the Cubs in the NLCS. I'll give you 07-08, missing the playoffs by a slim margin, I guess.

Didn't mean it quite that literally. I'm not predicting them to make the NLCS, more like they're on the cusp of being great but still learning lessons from their established big brother rival for a season before really taking that other step forward.

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Notre Dame has suspended running back Greg Bryant for the first four games of the coming season for a violation of team rules, a source told ESPN.com. The 5-foot-10, 205-pound Bryant entered Notre Dame in 2013 as ESPN's No. 2 running back prospect in the nation, but he has yet to break through.
http://espn.go.com/college-football...eg-bryant-notre-dame-fighting-irish-suspended

Change of topic to the Cubs. Castro is #1 in hits and errors among NL shortstops since his first game. Would you keep him or trade him? :help: What if you could get a guy like Asdrubal Cabrera who has not hit well the last 2 1/2 years, but is a more consistent glove, what would you do then? What team will Starlin be with in 2016?

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Didn't mean it quite that literally. I'm not predicting them to make the NLCS, more like they're on the cusp of being great but still learning lessons from their established big brother rival for a season before really taking that other step forward.

I understand you didn't. I just think people are getting a little ahead of themselves. Cubs fans have every right to be excited. But they aren't anywhere near as good as that Hawks team. When I hear that comparison, to me that means people think they're winning it all next year. And I just don't see that from what's probably an 88 or so win team this year.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I was a Starlin supporter for a long time, but I think it's time for him to move on -- as long as the Cubs get an appropriate return.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I think his point is that LBJ and him play similar styles and that, on MJ's, team he'd play a similar role.

Pippen was the best 3 in the NBA for a long time and almost did the whole team on my back dueeee thing LeBron did in a much tougher conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce