OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXXVII: Arrieta no hits the Dodgers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I'm surprised Arrietta was kept in for so long. Well over 100 pitches. Need to start saving his arm at least a little bit for the play-in game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Great game by Arrieta. Cy Young his ass, please.

Illinois also easily handling Kent State. No surprise even for our shipwreck of an organization.

Also, sat next to a group of very depressed Stanford fans at a restaurant in Evanston for a late lunch. Impressive start to the season by Northwestern.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Awesome start by Jake. KB continues to be a marvel, must better defensively then scouts gave him credit. To see him play LF all game and then finish the game @3rd and make a play to eliminate the possibility of being "Goldschmidt'd" was impressive.

I hope WS fans enjoy Mark Reynolds, I mean RH Adam Dunn, no I mean Mike Olt.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Purdont on the verge of losing to Marshall. Not a big upset or anything, but that speaks volumes as to how bad Purdue really is. Marshall safety has 17 tackles and two pick 6s. Not a terrible game.

Last edited:

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Purdont on the verge of losing to Marshall. Not a big upset or anything, but that speaks volumes as to how bad Purdue really is. Marshall safety has 17 tackles and two pick 6s. Not a terrible game.

Purdue was a 7.5 point underdog. It went like experts expected. Appleby is horrible.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Tentative 2016 MLB schedules are out.

Cubs start on the road in Anaheim and Arizona, home opener is Monday, April 11th vs the Reds.

Sox start on the road in Oakland, home opener is on Friday, April 8th vs the Indians.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Be shocked if the Cubs get the game in today. Hope they just push it out until the end of the season if needed and don't try to squeeze it in on the 14th

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Be shocked if the Cubs get the game in today. Hope they just push it out until the end of the season if needed and don't try to squeeze it in on the 14th

I was at the rain delayed game on june 28th and went away amazed at the busch stadium drainage system so I could still see them getting this in.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Cubs really taking it to St. Louis this series. And it was with Haren pitching against Lynn and Hammel against Wacha (only 3rd inning so far, but Cubs up 6-0). Crazy what this team is capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce