OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XLIX: Trades, Trades, & More Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I don't know why people would be mad (well I do, but turn of phrase). Dude earned it and wasn't coming back.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
"Could have been a God here... Whatever extra money he got in STL he would have made up in endorsements here in Chicago..."

This is a real thing an adult human wrote on Facebook.

:facepalm:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
"Could have been a God here... Whatever extra money he got in STL he would have made up in endorsements here in Chicago..."

This is a real thing an adult human wrote on Facebook.

:facepalm:

That is not an adult. That is just someone in an adult's body. :laugh:

Good for Dex, happy for him and his family.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
A ton of salty Cubs fans on twitter. Can't blame the guy for cashing in on his career year no matter where it is. He was the biggest reason why your World Champs. If he gets booed when he comes back to Wrigley, those Cub fans should be shot.

There will probably be a few idiots but I'm betting he gets an ovation his first time back. Knew he was gone, just wish he hadn't gone there but obviously don't hold it against him. He got paid, hopefully he doesn't see the playoffs again the rest of his contract. :nod:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
That's a lot of years. He can now feel free to going back to being a 2 WAR player that misses 40+ games every season.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
CzHElVBXAAAmS4K.jpg:large

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Am I the only that sees blank post boxes on occasion. Someone will have a post but the entire box is just blank with nothing.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
If the Cubs wanted to keep Fowler, he would never have made it to FA. He was both fun to watch and cheer for but the organization made a choice to move on and Fowler made a decision as a FA---a right he has earned---to concern him and his family. Congrats to Dex.

As for the salty Cubs fans on whatever social media, they can shut it. Not to mention those cannot be more salty than the Cardinals fans after losing Heyward. At least Fowler was no "trader", like Heyward was to cardinals fans.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Haha, wasn't me. Found it on Twitter.

And I agree, NFS. I'm a bit of a geography and maps nerd, so it's right up my alley.

Now I wanna see Burdi on the 40 man so the whole Samardfjawefrdja chain has to be added.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
If the Cubs wanted to keep Fowler, he would never have made it to FA. He was both fun to watch and cheer for but the organization made a choice to move on and Fowler made a decision as a FA---a right he has earned---to concern him and his family. Congrats to Dex.

As for the salty Cubs fans on whatever social media, they can shut it. Not to mention those cannot be more salty than the Cardinals fans after losing Heyward. At least Fowler was no "trader", like Heyward was to cardinals fans.

I have no idea why people are upset... Dex was a great guy, we weren't going to sign him so he went somewhere else. Great player.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
several days after the huge trades of sale and eaton.

well, what will be the sox next move, if there is any. robertson - closer, frazier, lawrie, jose Q..... well no one knows.

but with the salary being at, at the present of $52 mil +/-, the sox have enuf to really fix this team and prospects and players to make any wise future moves. now if jr will loosen the purse strings....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fbi0znpmRfiFPb0L-WQD9LRQEcJHAG7122SoVnYgBeI/pubhtml

after the trade i was reading basic reaction to sale's trade i found this funny but real by price of the red sox.

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2016/12/boston_red_sox_trade_chris_sal.html

here is the quote that i found interesting, fifth para
We do, however, know he has a little bit of an edge to him. Maybe he's slightly immature or whatever you want to call someone who shreds up his team's throwback uniforms because he doesn't want to wear them.

there was another by sale, but i will leave it there, for yous guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad