No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Let's continue here!

thumb.aspx

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Who's gonna be the player that has the standout moment/have the unforgettable moment at the parade?

When the Blackhawks had their first 2 Cup parades, Versteeg's rap/Crawford's speech stood out.

Lot of candidates here: Ross? Jake? Maybe Lackey?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Almora tagging up and going to second was so big, it really can't be overstated.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Almora tagging up and going to second was so big, it really can't be overstated.

Most critical play of the game, IMO, by the youngest guy on the team. :handclap: (At least I think he is)

Congrats again Cubs fans. You guys deserved the end to the 108 years of suffering. What an amazing game. If they were gonna do it, that sure as hell was a memorable way to do it!

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Agreed. All my Chicago pro sports dreams have come true in the last 30 years with everyone winning a title. It's unbelievable.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
It feels great in the morning as well.

Is MLB the best place to buy gear?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It feels great in the morning as well.

Is MLB the best place to buy gear?

I ordered a couple hats from MLB.com's shop last night. My GF is a huge Cubs fan, so got her one for her bday coming up, and even though I'm a Sox fan, I got one just for the historical aspect, to have one hanging on my hat rack in the bedroom.

It was $70 for two, with free shipping from MLB.com with the coupon code FS50.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I ordered a couple hats from MLB.com's shop last night. My GF is a huge Cubs fan, so got her one for her bday coming up, and even though I'm a Sox fan, I got one just for the historical aspect, to have one hanging on my hat rack in the bedroom.

It was $70 for two, with free shipping from MLB.com with the coupon code FS50.

Sounds good. That's where I'll be ordering.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Listening to Go Cubs Go on the drive in....

Feels so ****ing good

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
HOLY ****. IT HAPPENED.

I was going nuts when Maddon gave Hendricks the early hook with a 4 run lead. No telling if the Tribe still would not have ovecome that deficit and come back to tie it but Maddon should have let Hendricks stay in. After Lester and Chapmans pathetic showing, it was over for me. The manager is not supposed to cost you the game... but the Cubs did have Dusty Baker previously. Then the rain delay and they came back to win it in the 10th. Unreal game. Unreal series.

Pre series, I thought the Cubs would steamroll the Indians. Tip my cap to them. They had the series in hand. 3 game comeback... surreal.

edit: Theo is an exorcist.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
HOLY ****. IT HAPPENED.

I was going nuts when Maddon gave Hendricks the early hook with a 4 run lead. No telling if the Tribe still would not have ovecome that deficit and come back to tie it but Maddon should have let Hendricks stay in. After Lester and Chapmans pathetic showing, it was over for me. The manager is not supposed to cost you the game... but the Cubs did have Dusty Baker previously. Then the rain delay and they came back to win it in the 10th. Unreal game. Unreal series.

Pre series, I thought the Cubs would steamroll the Indians. Tip my cap to them. They had the series in hand. 3 game comeback... surreal.

edit: Theo is an exorcist.

Even DFW radio is praising Theo, some I should.

One radio station wanted Cubs to lose because if their miserable, they want the Cubs fans to be miserable.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Other than a wild pitch that had the bad luck of hitting Ross in the mask and knocking him backwards, Lester was great. Wtf are you talking about.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Other than a wild pitch that had the bad luck of hitting Ross in the mask and knocking him backwards, Lester was great. Wtf are you talking about.

I read the post the same way you did, at first. I think he's just saying "After Lester, and Champan's pathetic showing". Because he did pitch really well for the most part.

I could be wrong, but I think he's only talking about Champan being pathetic, and not Lester. And the pitch actually didn't knock Ross backwards. His cleat caught and he tripped.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I still think Maddon was going to manage his way to a loss. He should be kissing his players *****.

Hendricks was dealing, Lester was dealing, Chapman gassed.

He was trying to anti Dusty Baker with Hendricks and went full blown Dusty Baker with Chapman.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I still think Maddon was going to manage his way to a loss. He should be kissing his players *****.

Hendricks was dealing, Lester was dealing, Chapman gassed.

He was trying to anti Dusty Baker with Hendricks and went full blown Dusty Baker with Chapman.

Yeah, the Cubs won despite him. He never should have pulled Hendricks. He was dealing, and the tribe had absolutely no answer for him, IMO. Then the Chapman debacle, when he should have just left Lester in to get the final out and possibly had Chapman come in with a clean inning. Then he goes to Edwards Jr. to close out the game for the save, when I honestly would have just gone with Montgomery in the first place. The fact that Chapman was gassed because of pitching the night before in what was a 5 run game, then a 7 run game... There were other little miscues here and there, but I truly believe they won it despite him. He very nearly cost them the World Series by overthinking just about every decision possible. Sorry, I'll stop with that negativity ****! You guys enjoy the much deserved win!

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Oh by the way, **** some of the umpires in this series... Especially Joe West... embarrassment to the league.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Joe West blows. Historically bad. The union is the only thing that keeps him in the game.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I read the post the same way you did, at first. I think he's just saying "After Lester, and Champan's pathetic showing". Because he did pitch really well for the most part.

I could be wrong, but I think he's only talking about Champan being pathetic, and not Lester. And the pitch actually didn't knock Ross backwards. His cleat caught and he tripped.
I was also taking about Lester. Looked great until the WP. Cost 2 runs. Maddon shouldnt have pulled Hendricks out that early.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I was also taking about Lester. Looked great until the WP. Cost 2 runs. Maddon shouldnt have pulled Hendricks out that early.

Agreed. He shouldn't have pulled him so early. But Lester was nowhere near pathetic, and the WP was simply a hard biting curveball that only cost two runs because of a freak occurrence in which the ball hit Ross directly in the mask, which will cause it to bounce off all crazy. If that pitch doesn't bounce quite as high as it did, and it hits Ross in the chest, then it's not even a topic of conversation.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Congrats Cubs fans. I went back to read the last thread--got kinda ugly in there around pages 25-29. :amazed:

:win::handclap::handclap::handclap::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad