Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXV - NBA Lottery Watch/MLB Opening Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Praying Nico Hoerner keeps playing well and they launch Russell into Lake Michigan as soon as possible.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Praying Nico Hoerner keeps playing well and they launch Russell into Lake Michigan as soon as possible.
The Cubs already bit the PR bullet. Unless they get something decent in return, Russell is going to play for the Cubs this year.

Frank Clark just signed a $100mn contract. That dude knocked out his girlfriend in college. There were witnesses and a crime scene to prove it. His GF at the time refused press charges. I believe he was kicked off his college team.

People soon forget if the player performs.

Officer describes violent scene in Frank Clark's hotel room

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It'd be nice if the Cubs would start beating the shit out of Stripling at some point... I'm going against him in fantasy, and he's just smashing the K/9 with an 11.25 on the day so far...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Or ever with ownership/this FO.
Could they be looking to make a run at D'Angelo Russell? Here's another kid with leadership concerns ... though he's matured in the last 2 years. Only 23, he does fit the Bulls timeline.

There are questions if the Nets want to offer the max to Russell. They might want to go after other UFAs. From what I heard, the Nets like LaVert more than Russell.

I don't know what to think of Russell. He has his upside ... but has plenty of concerns too.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Welcome to The Show Vlad Jr.

Best prospect of all time. Also arrived in digital form.

upload_2019-4-26_14-49-51.jpeg

WTF! That’s his future predicted ability. I concur. Terrorized minor league pitching.

I’ll go .320/.375/.525 25 HR 70 RBI for his rookie year.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
This has to be the wildest game I've ever attended. 22 runs... should be 23 but Abreu was called out after hitting a homer for passing Anderson rounding 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad