Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXII: The Bulls are technically an NBA team

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
So the Bulls could get a draft asset back by trading Jabari. That's a $20mn they can take back. That said, how many bad contracts will be in the deal? It might be better to just cut Jabari.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

I have a feeling teams will only take Jabari if the Bulls take bad contracts back. If they are not expiring, there's no reason to do it. Of course, with the dumpster fire that is the Bulls ... what UFA is going to sign with the Bulls next year?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
There's teams actually interested in Jabari Parker? Lol, won't believe it until I see it.
It would be like the Rockets ... trying to feed the Bulls terrible contracts. Perhaps OKC again? They have some bad contracts left. Portland and Denver might be others.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
There's teams actually interested in Jabari Parker? Lol, won't believe it until I see it.

Honestly, there are worse bench players in the league, so he's not completely terrible in that regard. The problem is he thinks he's a starter.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
It's probably the Cavs, Hawks or Suns trying to out tank us god dammit. Nah but yeah it's likely the Bulls are just taking on long-term salary in a deal with Jabari.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The Bulls have assembled their leadership committee: Bobby Portis, Zach LaVine, Justin Holiday, Robin Lopez and Lauri Markkanen.

LOL. Who isn't on the leadership committee?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I have a feeling teams will only take Jabari if the Bulls take bad contracts back. If they are not expiring, there's no reason to do it. Of course, with the dumpster fire that is the Bulls ... what UFA is going to sign with the Bulls next year?
$$$$ is always the final piece of every contract.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Parker's contract is essentially an expiring contract (the 2nd yr of the deal is a club option and that is unlikely to be picked up). So if the Bulls are taking any bad contracts on in any Parker trade, then there better be 1st rd pick(s) better be attached to those bad contracts. Otherwise, keep Parker and decline his option in the offseason.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Parker's contract is essentially an expiring contract (the 2nd yr of the deal is a club option and that is unlikely to be picked up). So if the Bulls are taking any bad contracts on in any Parker trade, then there better be 1st rd pick(s) better be attached to those bad contracts. Otherwise, keep Parker and decline his option in the offseason.
good point, i keep wondering what is going on with Parker. he seems to fallen off the cliff when he got injured. confusing turn around.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The Sox are going to looks like a bunch of fools if they took that contract on and don't land Machado. Because not only will they be wasting all of that money on a mediocre player, but they're also helping out their chief rival in the division in the process.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The Sox are going to looks like a bunch of fools if they took that contract on and don't land Machado. Because not only will they be wasting all of that money on a mediocre player, but they're also helping out their chief rival in the division in the process.
It's not that bad. If Alonso has less than 521 plate appearances in 2019, the Sox can buy him out for $1mn ... otherwise he has 1 more year left at $9mn in 2020. This year he is at $8mn.

With Abreu and Delmonico, the Sox can easily limit his plate appearances if necessary.

Interesting they are going after Machado.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
It's not that bad. If Alonso has less than 521 plate appearances in 2019, the Sox can buy him out for $1mn ... otherwise he has 1 more year left at $9mn in 2020. This year he is at $8mn.

With Abreu and Delmonico, the Sox can easily limit his plate appearances if necessary.

Interesting they are going after Machado.

Who knows what is true, but rumors are that Harper is signing with the Dodgers. So they may be switching their focus. I'm getting the feeling the Sox aren't going to get either. We'll see.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i like this trade.... a prospect who may never develop as hope when the org drafted him. second he provide a possible good hitter, a 260 avg-20 hr hitter for a solid yr, if not more. the third is he may help entice Manny Machado to sign with the white sox, b/c of his marriage.

the next part is one i would really hate, he can replace José Abreu at 1st. this is done done to trade possibly JA.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Are you a white sox fan?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Better be landing Machado because this deal blows if not related to Machado

Better not have given up any prospect worth a damn taking on a salary dump from Indians

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
That's the thing. The Sox might of enabled the Tribe to keep Kluber. All to get a mediocre player who is redundant on our roster. It only makes sense if they got some kind of guarantee that this would lead to signing Manny.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Alonso hits righties really well. Francona played him too much against lefties and it skews his overall numbers. If the Sox didn’t give much up, it’s a great pickup. Just don’t play him against lefties at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad