Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXII: The Bulls are technically an NBA team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Or he could've just happened to be on the floor when a few teammates hit a few shots and they went on a small run like 9-2 or something and been neutral the rest of the game. Not exactly a good stat in any case, but keep using it as if it's some enlightened look into a game.
So they went on 9-2 runs whenever Wendell was in the game, and whenever he was out the other team would go on there own runs.

Well that's interesting, and It's likely because of the impact Wendell had on the lineup. Especially when you consider the fact he was one of the only plus players on the whole team and by a good margin.

Last edited:

Rooh

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Pre-Draft there was a lot of concern about Wendell's foot, lateral speed and how he'd hold up defensively switched out to guards on the perimeter, but it looks like he'll be just fine. Also lol @ Jabari not boxing out his man...

Rooh

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
The officiating in the Bulls last two games has just been atrocious, my goodness.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Only thing stopping WCJ from being even more dangerous is foul trouble.. but he will get that under control. Basketball I.Q. is just so high.

LaVine going off in the 4th quarter.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Ok I have to admit. All this talk of the Sox going after both Harper and Machado has me excited. I think I'd prefer Harper, but I'll take either. Or both (lol yeah right!). I know it's a longshot to get either.
BOTH!

I would kill to see the look on my Cub fan wife's face of we land Harper. She's been going on and on how he's gonna sign with the Cubs cause he's buddy buddy with Rizzo or whomever.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Going for it and actually signing them are two different things.

I'm not even sure I'd want Machado (at the likely cost) to be honest. He seems like such a tool.
Oh, he's a tool for sure. But when has that ever mattered to this town? Tools win championships.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Oh, he's a tool for sure. But when has that ever mattered to this town?

I'll rephrase. I have reservations about giving a guy who couldn't be bothered to run hard to 1st base in f***ing the world series 250-300 million dollars. The Sox aren't the Cubs in terms of payroll. They can't just outspend their mistakes.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
I'll rephrase. I have reservations about giving a guy who couldn't be bothered to run hard to 1st base in ****ing the world series 250-300 million dollars. The Sox aren't the Cubs in terms of payroll. They can't just outspend their mistakes.
I'll give you that. I missed that play. Can't stand laziness.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Wow, yeah, that's not the kind of tool I was referring too. Dennis Rodman. That's the kind of tool I enjoy on my sports team.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I don't think anyone is questioning Wdendell Carter's talent. Foul trouble, inconsistent shooting, indecisions, etc. are just part of the process for a 19 year old interior player in the NBA. That said, he should be on the All Rookie NBA team at the end of the year. His defense is tremendous.

That said, Carter will do far better when Dunn, Markkanen, and Portis get back in the lineup and the focus is off of him. Kanter is a good offensive player. However, he had a 20/20 game because he's a grown man playing a teenager and trash can (Felicio) in the middle. Rolo, a journeyman, was able to stand up to Kanter because of his sheer strength ... not talent.

When Carter gets stronger and a more consistent outside shot, he will be a borderline All Star. That might be as soon as 2020.

Lavine, Carter, and Markkanen are good foundations. Let's hope Dunn is the real deal. We need more wings. Let's see how Hutchison, Portis, and Blackeney develop. The draft and the free agency market will be critical next summer.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Not a Liverpool fan actually. I generally root for English teams in the Champion’s League though.

Illini is probably more gutted than I am at the moment.
I lived near the Bridge working out of London some years ago. By default, most ex Pat's become Chelsea fans because of the proximity where they live.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
WTF

How do you justify that? I liked Renteria hire but he has shown nothing to warrant an extension

And I would rather overpay for Harper then Machado at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad