Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXII: The Bulls are technically an NBA team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Doesn't seem Machado or his agent were impressed with 200M offer

I don't necessarily believe that is true. The 2 media guys thought to get Sox leaks have put out that they only offer 7 years (Bruce Levine) and the offer is closer to $200 mil (Nightengale). These probably are Sox plants to calm down other teams from offering too much.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don't necessarily believe that is true. The 2 media guys thought to get Sox leaks have put out that they only offer 7 years (Bruce Levine) and the offer is closer to $200 mil (Nightengale). These probably are Sox plants to calm down other teams from offering too much.
interesting angle ...... 7 yrs at 30 mil per yr = 210 mil.

i really had hope that the sox will be in it, not doing lip service for their fan base.....

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
interesting angle ...... 7 yrs at 30 mil per yr = 210 mil.

i really had hope that the sox will be in it, not doing lip service for their fan base.....

My point is I believe the Sox are offering more than 7 years and way more than 200 mil. It just doesn't serve them well for that to be out there.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
My point is I believe the Sox are offering more than 7 years and way more than 200 mil. It just doesn't serve them well for that to be out there.
i am in total agreement with your thought process.....

but i am also very skeptical of the Sox doing what is necessary .....

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
They're hot & cold plus a bit dysfunctional, but the talent is there to at least be in range of the playoffs. Maybe they just always play the Pacers tougher than they do most other teams. I thought the same thing last year when they were 3-20-ish.
Who knows what the Bulls are supposed to be? The organization has been so dysfunctional, we don't know what we have talent wise.

Furthermore, the Bulls 5 best players are all 24 years and younger. 3 of them have missed 6-8 weeks each. There's also a new coach who's clueless offensively ... albeit far better on teaching defensive fundamentals.

This team should be better than its current record, but NOT by much. They have limited wings and shooters ... 2 important facets of today's NBA. Also, our young inside players are 20 and under .... it's no wonder our rebounding sucks right now.

Carter, Markkanen, Hutchison, Portis, and Lavine are highly dependent on point guard play. The only way the team shows any promise this year is if Dunn creates for his teammates and limits his turnovers. Even with Lavine, he's not much of a creator. He's a scorer.

The Bulls are going to have a top 7 pick ... most likely somewhere at 3-5. Reddish has been somewhat exposed with tougher competition. Zion is still awesome but he can't shoot YET. That's a major problem for a wing. RJ has his issues too.

If it's not an athletic wing, the Bulls have to consider about picking a point guard IF Dunn doesn't improve. He's shown upside, but he needs consistency. Otherwise, they have to think about Darius Garland.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
It seems like they could use a steady veteran on the court to bring some order to the chaos--and I'm not talking about someone like Rondo, Butler, or Wade that they tried in the past. Someone who doesn't need the ball all the time to "get his", but can be like the Derek Fisher/Ron Harper type of coach on the court. Problem with that is you need a good coach for such an on-court extension to work properly.

Reactions: LDF

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Who knows what the Bulls are supposed to be? The organization has been so dysfunctional, we don't know what we have talent wise.

Furthermore, the Bulls 5 best players are all 24 years and younger. 3 of them have missed 6-8 weeks each. There's also a new coach who's clueless offensively ... albeit far better on teaching defensive fundamentals.

This team should be better than its current record, but NOT by much. They have limited wings and shooters ... 2 important facets of today's NBA. Also, our young inside players are 20 and under .... it's no wonder our rebounding sucks right now.

Carter, Markkanen, Hutchison, Portis, and Lavine are highly dependent on point guard play. The only way the team shows any promise this year is if Dunn creates for his teammates and limits his turnovers. Even with Lavine, he's not much of a creator. He's a scorer.

The Bulls are going to have a top 7 pick ... most likely somewhere at 3-5. Reddish has been somewhat exposed with tougher competition. Zion is still awesome but he can't shoot YET. That's a major problem for a wing. RJ has his issues too.

If it's not an athletic wing, the Bulls have to consider about picking a point guard IF Dunn doesn't improve. He's shown upside, but he needs consistency. Otherwise, they have to think about Darius Garland.
Ja Morant is the top PG right now.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
The whole draft class outside of Zion is so underwhelming. The last thing I want is RJ on the Bulls, and Reddish isn’t looking all that good either.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Ja Morant is the top PG right now.
LOL. Good luck convincing Bulls fans on taking another Murray State point guard. Talk about losing a fan base.

Furthermore, Darius Garland was considered the best PG prospect before his injury. Don't act like the NBA draft isn't about drafting potential.

To be fair, I have NOT watched Morant play. People are more focused on him because of Garland's injury. That's a fact. I do see he had a great game against Bama this year ... scoring 38 points. He also had 10 turnovers. A turnover proned PG ... he can replace Cam Payne. That said, he looks to have good upside. Let's see how the season plays out. If he improves his court game, he can become more of a factor for the Bulls.

That said, for a guy who questions Kris Dunn's basketball IQ ... I'm surprised you like Morant who's been compared to Russell Westbrook in regards to court presence.

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The whole draft class outside of Zion is so underwhelming. The last thing I want is RJ on the Bulls, and Reddish isn’t looking all that good either.
Give these guys time. The best will separate themselves in conference play. Yeah ... RJ is hot or cold. He can definitely be more efficient. Zion is great except his outside shot needs a ton of work.

You're right, this is definitely not a deep draft.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Timberpuppies fire Thibs and are now considering Hoiberg as new coach/GM...lol TIMBERBULLS.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I actually think that will be good spot for Hoiberg
Hoiberg is not a terrible coach. He's not very good either. He's just meh. However, he needs to push his teams to play some defense. His defense in Chicago was inexcusable this year.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
When your management team brings in guys who openly say playing defense is not part of how they play game the coach is set up to fail
Our defense stunk even before Parker.

Please don't go lamenting how great of a coach Fred Hoiberg was. I don't think he was as bad as he looked with the Bulls, but he certainly wasn't good either. Perhaps a new start helps him. IMO, he's at best an average NBA coach. He has good offensive concepts but can't control a professional locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad