Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LIX: Holy Bote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
So what?

He was still Sox prospect
He didn't breakout until he was with the Padres. He was an above average international signing playing against tryout trainees. They didn't trade a top prospect. He became one after.

It'd be like if the Hawks traded a 5th round pick from Slovakia who's still playing over there and he broke out with another team. Shit happens.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
He didn't breakout until he was with the Padres. He was an above average international signing playing against tryout trainees. They didn't trade a top prospect. He became one after.

It'd be like if the Hawks traded a 5th round pick from Slovakia who's still playing over there and he broke out with another team. **** happens.

Ya Tatis came out of nowhere. Like when the Cubs traded Donaldson for Harden and then he became a star. Sometimes lottery tickets hit.

Reactions: Sarava

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Something fun to learn about DSL. A lot of guys have never played organized baseball before. They just get trained to try out really well. There are legitimately guys who don't know the basic rules of the game, like what a force out is.

Reactions: Blue Liner

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
WI will be an NCAA football playoff team.
Their toughest game are @Michigan and @Penn State. Those would be good wins unless both Michigan and PSU tank this season. Then I suspect they'll play the Bucknuts in the B1G Championship Game.

So yeah ... Bucky has a shot for the playoffs. 1 loss and a B1G Championship might get them to the playoffs. They might have to go undefeated. I have to think Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma, Washington, and Ohio State are the favorites. Wisconsin is in the next tier. Bucky really needs to do better on their non schedule. It stinks.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Cubs bats showing up once again, scoring 1 whole run for the second game in a row. Let’s see if the pitching can carry them again tonight. Making it stressful in the 9th.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I am guessing the Cubs will not win 1-0 again tonight.

Actually, with Chatwood pitching, I’m interested to see if they even make it through an inning without giving up a run.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I am guessing the Cubs will not win 1-0 again tonight.

Actually, with Chatwood pitching, I’m interested to see if they even make it through an inning without giving up a run.

How bad has Chatwood been? I rather use the T.B. using "The Opener" instead of starting Chatwood. I rather start the game with Rosario, De La Rosa, or even Jesse Chavez and let the game dictate where to go after 3 instead of starting Chatwood and knowing where the game is heading.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Sale back to the DL again. Second time in a month. Precisely why the Sox treated him with kid gloves when he was here.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Too bad they didn't have your crystal ball.

Oh come on. You're telling me the White Sox could not be bother to show some patience with a kid with obvious talent like Tatis, Jr? What's going to happen if Eloy starts off ML career in a say 1-20 with 8 k's slump. Trade him? White Sox screwed up on Tatis, Jr, plain and simple.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I do not care how they do it but Tyler Chatwood needs to be off this roster. He won't be starting, assuming everybody is remotely healthy and you cannot trust him in the bullpen. As for the playoffs, he'll be strictly a spectator. So what purpose does Chatwood serve other than taken up a spot that the Cubs could use for an actual productive player.

Cubs need to find Chatwood a new home, soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad