OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread L: RIP Jerry Krause

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There will never be another Jordan, but McGrady was sensational before his back problems. Better than Kobe imo.

Better in what sense?

McGrady had knee issues too right? (I vaguely remember him having micro-fracture surgery but I stopped watching a lot of basketball a few years ago). McGrady could do it all and was fun to watch when he had it going. It is kind of disappointing that Carter and McGrady left Toronto because they would have been fun to watch together in their prime.

Kobe was so good in his prime though (closest player to Jordan we will ever see imo).

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kobe_bryant_vs_tracy_mcgrady.htm

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Hey Murray, good to see you again... forgot there was a WBC thread before posting in here :laugh:

Still think it's stupid. What a treat for us college kids who have to watch cable.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
There will never be another Jordan, but McGrady was sensational before his back problems. Better than Kobe imo.

This, although I wouldn't say he was better than Kobe. McGrady was a stud in the making. Injuries severely limited him.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Alright, Xavier takes down Arizona. With Gonzaga winning and Michigan losing, only down side of the night was Kansas winning.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
My bracket was actually pretty solid until that game. If Arizona held on, was about to be 4/4 on the night. Dang. Besides the Kansas game, some petty high quality and entertaining games tonight.

Sep 19, 2008
Debate all you want about the ethics of firing crean but if he had to go hire Archie Miller. Home run hire of the hottest commodity out now that ensures a swift returns to relevance for Indiana basketball.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So much for the Hoosiers swinging for the fences to hire someone.

I'm sure they did. But Alford would be dumb to leave, Billy D and Brad Stevens are not leaving the NBA, and it looks like Wichita State may be going to another, more relevant conference and the Koch brothers can supply him all the money he wants... Those guys were all unrealistic.

And Archie is a homerun hire, IMO.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
True. But that's the way it is with most programs. It also didn't help Indiana that their top "targets" were already in such great positions. Really tough to see many reasons at all for Marshall, Donovan, Stevens, or Alford to leave. I think, if they wanted Marshall, that he would have been a lot more likely if Wichita wasn't likely to move conferences.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Eh.... I don't know. When I see a bunch of Hoosier friends all acting like they had a good chance at hiring Brad Stevens as soon as Cream got canned, I'm going to say that there's a bit of cloudy vision there more so than at most other places.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
As I've said, it's a delusional fan base.

And they never had interest in Alford, those rumors were all from his camp. After Sampson, they're aren't going to hire someone with any baggage. That's not how Fred Glass operates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad