OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread L: RIP Jerry Krause

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Streak's finally over. Army beat Navy for the first time since 2001.

I always root for Navy, but can't be disappointed to see the other service win.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
So Danny Espinoza skipped the Nats fan festival because he was gonna be regulated to a bench role thanks to the Eaton trade. The Nats said the hell with you and just traded him to the Angels.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
So Danny Espinoza skipped the Nats fan festival because he was gonna be regulated to a bench role thanks to the Eaton trade. The Nats said the hell with you and just traded him to the Angels.
and they, the nat did it quickly.... no time wasted.

Vacheron

Dec 11, 2016
Rick Hahn's first two trades had me hungry for more. There's too much bad left in this White Sox organization right now.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Rick Hahn's first two trades had me hungry for more. There's too much bad left in this White Sox organization right now.

yeah i totally agree, i had to refrain myself about posting sox minors and stuff, but well, i just waiting for more good news from the org on trades.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Looks like Dodgers are bringing back BOTH Jansen and Turner.

Wonder if the Dodgers get in on the Quintana sweepstakes. I don't think bringing back the same team will help you compete with the Cubs and Nationals of the world.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Wonder if the Dodgers get in on the Quintana sweepstakes. I don't think bringing back the same team will help you compete with the Cubs and Nationals of the world.

dang, there goes my pipe dream of raiding the dodger wonderful farm.

re to Q going, i really doubt it, b/c they some outstanding arm there. already Julio Urias is starting and having success and he is only 19 yrs old. then they have Jose DeLeon coming up fast. he should be the next to make the jump next yr.

the sox will have to look elsewhere.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI

You've got to think they turn their attention to Brian Dozier instead of Q.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Justin Turner 4/64. Dodgers are spending a fortune on players who were recently waiver wire fodder.

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
For the Bulls to play T-Wolves/Lakers quality defense, be up by 21, and then lose by 5 at home was very sad.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Just got back from Springfield MO for work. Some guy last night at the bar said the Bulls were very overrated. I wanted to be like, uh, everyone from Chicago knows they suck.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Overrated? They're currently middle of the pack for the playoffs. The Knicks are more like an overrated team, talking about how they have a super team and pre-game highlight shows surprised to be showing clips of them losing.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The Sox need to get more of these good players moved. There's no 2nd place in the 2018 draft. They have to seriously gut this thing if they want to draft Seth.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
The Sox need to get more of these good players moved. There's no 2nd place in the 2018 draft. They have to seriously gut this thing if they want to draft Seth.
I think they're done. Got some future prospects while still having a chance to contend for a wild card spot (in their minds).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad