OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread L: RIP Jerry Krause

Status
Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'm very happy. So apparently Billy Donovan was in Bloomington yesterday (I don't know how valid that is, most of that sounds like it's based off a private plane being tracked from O'Hare to Bloomington). The rumors are he turned down the offer and Miller was plan B.

Going into this, I thought if they couldn't get him that Miller or Marshall would be the next 2 top candidates, so it's an A hire (Donovan would be an A+).

Seeing a lot of IU fans thinking he's not good enough. But like I've said, it's a delusional fan base.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There was apparently a shooting near the Cubs hotel in Vegas. Doesn't sound like any of the players or team staff were in danger, though.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm very happy. So apparently Billy Donovan was in Bloomington yesterday (I don't know how valid that is, most of that sounds like it's based off a private plane being tracked from O'Hare to Bloomington). The rumors are he turned down the offer and Miller was plan B.

Going into this, I thought if they couldn't get him that Miller or Marshall would be the next 2 top candidates, so it's an A hire (Donovan would be an A+).

Seeing a lot of IU fans thinking he's not good enough. But like I've said, it's a delusional fan base.

Why would Donovan take a step down from a successful NBA job to go to Indiana? He was never an option.

People like pitino and calapari failed before going back.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Why would Donovan take a step down from a successful NBA job to go to Indiana? He was never an option.

People like pitino and calapari failed before going back.

Pitino was successful in his first NBA stint with the Knicks.

Sep 19, 2008
Maybe coaching in the NBA is boring, because the league is a joke?

It makes more money. Donovan has been successful there so he wouldn't have gone back to college anyway. I dont like Nba either but the reality is no successful coach is gonna leave the NBA to coach college. An exception is Harbaugh but it's a whole different story.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If Albert Almora can actually keep hitting like this the Cubs lineup could be even more potent, I don't think he will hit as well as he has but damn.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I see Michael Barrett's punching bag has decided to retired and become an analyst for FoxSport.

Really good player despite his grating personality.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
UCONN women's team ties it then gets the ball due to a late/review called flagrant foul but then the point guard makes a dumbass play and tries to score (out of control) with 12-14 seconds left on the clock. Then A&M makes a great buzzer beater. Dumbass lost it for UCONN and they lost their 110 game winning streak. Just a monumental lack of awareness.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
UCONN women's team ties it then gets the ball due to a late/review called flagrant foul but then the point guard makes a dumbass play and tries to score (out of control) with 12-14 seconds left on the clock. Then A&M makes a great buzzer beater. Dumbass lost it for UCONN and they lost their 110 game winning streak. Just a monumental lack of awareness.

wasn't Nurse's sister was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad