OT: OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Cowboy vs Conor will be used as a gateway fight for the notorious one, I think he wants a shot a Jorge and eventually a rematch with Khabib

Khabib vs Ferguson will be a massive fight, too.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Anyone have any thoughts on Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker coming out this weekend? I loved Force Awakens, was a bit nonplussed with Last Jedi (although it didn’t get quite the strong reaction from me that it got from some), and I’m excited to see how they cap this story off.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Anyone have any thoughts on Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker coming out this weekend? I loved Force Awakens, was a bit nonplussed with Last Jedi (although it didn’t get quite the strong reaction from me that it got from some), and I’m excited to see how they cap this story off.
I care ALOT more about the Mandalorian than the Rise of Super Rey. Actually, that's being unfair of me to single out Daisey Ridley. I don't care about *ANY* of the new characters in this trilogy. I'm guessing Finn gets to kill Capt Phasma again (in about 30 seconds). Force Awakens was ok. Last Jedi was cringe worthy (almost to the point of Jar Jar Binks levels).

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I care ALOT more about the Mandalorian than the Rise of Super Rey. Actually, that's being unfair of me to single out Daisey Ridley. I don't care about *ANY* of the new characters in this trilogy. I'm guessing Finn gets to kill Capt Phasma again (in about 30 seconds). Force Awakens was ok. Last Jedi was cringe worthy (almost to the point of Jar Jar Binks levels).

LOL.

I’m enjoying the Mandalorian as well, but I disagree on the new trilogy. I like it a lot better than the Prequels, but of course, nothing will really touch the OT for me. Although I may like Force Awakens more than Return of the Jedi.

Reactions: Zombotron

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
1917 is going to be good, I am a sucker already and got super excited with the new top gun trailer that just came out.

starwars... mandalorian has been good, it’s missing something though and I can’t put my finger on it. Force awakens was good and set up what could have been great. However Jedi was just a bad sequel and starwars movie. As a stand-alone film it was ok, but it trashes a lot of what came before it. We will have to wait and see what sky walker does, I don’t think it will be an easy fix.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Just started watching Black Mirror.

Its good but some episodes are pretty messed up/too strange for me to fully comprehend

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Just started watching Black Mirror.

Its good but some episodes are pretty messed up/too strange for me to fully comprehend
It messes with the mind, the white Christmas episode comes to mind

Reactions: DFAC

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Hope McGregor gets his face beat in

I do as well, but not at the start. I want McGregor to win a few consecutive fights which then finally prompts a rematch with Khabib.

THEN - and only then - would I like to see McGregor get his face beat in.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The new Star Wars looks so bad. The story for this trilogy is basically the same as the first trilogy. Kylo is super whiny and Rey does nothing for me as a hero. I’d love for them to do something original and have kylo and Rey both flip sides but that will never happen.....and yet I know I’m still gonna see this damn movie in theatres

Reactions: Zombotron

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The new Star Wars looks so bad. The story for this trilogy is basically the same as the first trilogy. Kylo is super whiny and Rey does nothing for me as a hero. I’d love for them to do something original and have kylo and Rey both flip sides but that will never happen.....and yet I know I’m still gonna see this damn movie in theatres

I heard she actually dies in this one but Kylo gives her a 'kiss' to transfer his 'life essence' to her. Now all she can do is dream of his shirtless body when she sleeps

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I do as well, but not at the start. I want McGregor to win a few consecutive fights which then finally prompts a rematch with Khabib.

THEN - and only then - would I like to see McGregor get his face beat in.

Part of me wants him to fight Khabib but that means he'll probably win a few fights, which will only spark all the fake Irishmen to come out of the woodwork. His fans are insufferable, which is fitting for him.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Part of me wants him to fight Khabib but that means he'll probably win a few fights, which will only spark all the fake Irishmen to come out of the woodwork. His fans are insufferable, which is fitting for him.

Will be that much more gratifying when his fake Irish fans see their boy get pummeled will it not?

I don't mind it too much. As annoying as his fans are, they do create 'buzz' at the sports bars.

Would love to see Khabib shut them up again.

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
I don't even think he gets passed Cerrone. Cerrone via TKO by way of head kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad