OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Not sure where to post this but I just purchased a a restaurant for my wife! I’m there all the time running it with her. Cynthias cornerstone cafe on the corner of highway 317 and 12.

come in and if you see me ( blonde hair blue eyes ) working the back or till say your part of my HF boards family and I will hook up some free ice cream for the kids or something of that nature.

Sorry mods if this isn’t allowed.

Wonderful!
Next time I'm at Still Cove, I'm stopping by. :thumbu:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The farmers needed this soaking 6 weeks ago. Crops are stunted, many guys selling for silage.

What a stressful life they have. 95% of the time they get too much rain or not enough rain or too much wind or hail. Every 20 years it all comes together for a bumper crop (I remember 2017 being a great one for cereals).

I was stressed about my garden ffs. That's nothing

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
The farmers needed this soaking 6 weeks ago. Crops are stunted, many guys selling for silage.

What a stressful life they have. 95% of the time they get too much rain or not enough rain or too much wind or hail. Every 20 years it all comes together for a bumper crop (I remember 2017 being a great one for cereals).

I was stressed about my garden ffs. That's nothing

Yeah, no. Few years are perfect, but it has not been bad for the past several years. Yields and quality have both been above average on an industry wide basis for several years. If you're farming and not expecting drought every 10-20 years then you aren't paying attention. Manitoba has danced around a few droughts that hit SK/AB in the last twenty years as well. So your 95% is a pretty substantial exaggeration.

That said, this year is looking to be awful. Many reports have yields of cereals around 50% at best, but reduced quality (but hey, no disease!). Canola is even worse with some places coming in around 25% which is horrible. Corn and Soybean should benefit from this moisture to some degree at least given how late they harvest, so there should be some time for heads to fill.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Got my second dose yesterday (finally) and basically the same symptoms as my first, a bit sleepy and some pain at the injection site.

Pretty stoked with that considering how bad it's knocked some friends and family around, as well as the fact that I just got back to France less than 24 hours before my shot.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Mats Sundin: "I used to captain one of the greatest NHL teams of all time"

Me: o_O

Hell of a player in his prime. Whimsical quote by Mats though I really wonder what team he was talking about? I feel like Paul Maurice taught him a few things about the fictional WWE “work” promo.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryerockarola

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Witnessed a motorcycle accident today. Still rattled a bit. Rider broke her pelvis in both sides. You don’t know the relief I had when I saw her alert and moving after it happened.

Reactions: GNP

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hell of a player in his prime. Whimsical quote by Mats though I really wonder what team he was talking about? I feel like Paul Maurice taught him a few things about the fictional WWE “work” promo.

The Leafs haven't won a series in the cap era but prior to that they won plenty of them.

One of the greatest teams of all time is a big stretch though.

Reactions: Jet and ps241

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Does anyone know of a website that lets you enter the arena section, row, and seat number to see the view?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Witnessed a motorcycle accident today. Still rattled a bit. Rider broke her pelvis in both sides. You don’t know the relief I had when I saw her alert and moving after it happened.
Friends of mine were in an accident on the Blue Ridge parkway years ago (buddy's wife was riding on the back). He ended up with an "open book" fracture of the pelvis - look it uo if you're not squeamish. Both almost died. They had to get choppered to the hospital.

Whenever I think "oh a motorcycle looks cool", I have a friend who gets in an accident like that

Glad to hear she'll be ok

Reactions: Duke749 and GNP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So in 2010 we lost my mom to cancer at age 78. Dad eventually found a new partner and this weekend my family drove to visit Dad and his girlfriend at her farm in Saskatchewan up by McDowell. Dad is 90 and his girlfriend is 89 and they are both pretty amazing. They have a huge garden and last night Dad was pulling out fresh Potatoes and he just finished staining the deck this week. They are both so active and still do all the physical things on the hobby farm. Both are just as mentally sharp as they were when they were young. Pretty crazy to see such healthy happy older people.

My wife and I marvel at their energy and the joy for life they both share. I feel blessed and the moment is not lost on me how lucky my kids are to spend the time getting to know them.

Dad was gifted a book by his sister for his 90th and it’s a leather bound book that prompts you to write your life story. This winter during Covid dad took time to hand write 90% of it and I was reading it yesterday and feel really lucky he was able to do this. Amazing gift to pass on to your family.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
So in 2010 we lost my mom to cancer at age 78. Dad eventually found a new partner and this weekend my family drove to visit Dad and his girlfriend at her farm in Saskatchewan up by McDowell. Dad is 90 and his girlfriend is 89 and they are both pretty amazing. They have a huge garden and last night Dad was pulling out fresh Potatoes and he just finished staining the deck this week. They are both so active and still do all the physical things on the hobby farm. Both are just as mentally sharp as they were when they were young. Pretty crazy to see such healthy happy older people.

My wife and I marvel at their energy and the joy for life they both share. I feel blessed and the moment is not lost on me how lucky my kids are to spend the time getting to know them.

Dad was gifted a book by his sister for his 90th and it’s a leather bound book that prompts you to write your life story. This winter during Covid dad took time to hand write 90% of it and I was reading it yesterday and feel really lucky he was able to do this. Amazing gift to pass on to your family.
What a great story/post!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Gah! Looks like OB filled Courier's morning slot with Toth! Already talking about hair metal and telling "I'm a crazy guy" stories that sound about 90% make-believe. Not that I was a big fan of what Courier brought to the table, but Toth? Blarg...

He was talking about zipper merging this morning. Apparently, Toth has missed the years of discussion about the subject. He had to "look it up last night!" lol...and having done so he still keeps calling it "the zipper" or "zipper driving."

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I was afraid this might happen. People give up one unhealthy habit only to develop another. I think you would be better off going back to cigarettes. :nod:
:laugh:

Actually I'm getting back into watching Tennis as well. I played a ton as a kid and really enjoy watching the skill and athleticism.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
WTF is going on with driving the wrong way on the perimeter? Jesus we have some bad drivers .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad