OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I've had this convo with a very knowledgeable soccer guy (makes a living coaching)

A lot of it comes down to where soccer stands in terms of athletics heirchy. Look at the states for example. Their best male athletes tend to gravitate towards football and basketball. From there, maybe baseball, wrestling, hockey and soccer.

Imagine if the best players in the NFL had grown up with a soccer ball on their foot instead of playing football. The Americans would dominate.

In canada, our best male athletes *generally* end up playing hockey. The ones who buck that trend are usually first or second generation Canadians from countries where soccer attracts the elite athletes (like every country in the world that isn't canada/USA lol)

Rugby in New Zealand is another example. How can they be so elite with such a tiny population.

Reactions: flyingkiwi

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Not sure where to post this but I just purchased a a restaurant for my wife! I’m there all the time running it with her. Cynthias cornerstone cafe on the corner of highway 317 and 12.

come in and if you see me ( blonde hair blue eyes ) working the back or till say your part of my HF boards family and I will hook up some free ice cream for the kids or something of that nature.

Sorry mods if this isn’t allowed.

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Not sure where to post this but I just purchased a a restaurant for my wife! I’m there all the time running it with her. Cynthias cornerstone cafe on the corner of highway 317 and 12.

come in and if you see me ( blonde hair blue eyes ) working the back or till say your part of my HF boards family and I will hook up some free ice cream for the kids or something of that nature.

Right up by Mars. Will swing right to get refreshment before heading back west to home next time I golf up there. Gratz.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Spent the weekend at the Iceplex watching my kid play. I don't want to wish summer away, but I'm looking forward to aspects of fall.

Felt awesome to be back in the rink. Fingers crossed that these kids get a chance to play a whole season

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Spent the weekend at the Iceplex watching my kid play. I don't want to wish summer away, but I'm looking forward to aspects of fall.

Felt awesome to be back in the rink. Fingers crossed that these kids get a chance to play a whole season

yea last season was tough. My son made a really good team with excellent coaching in his major Season. I could tell It was going to be a really good season for development.

hopefully this season :crossfing

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Really ticked off that Twitter is now forcing people on mobile to sign up or login.

I only use Twitter as a newsfeed. I can see a tweet initially but as I click on it or do a side search, the browser keeps trying to force me to login or sign up.

One of the good things about social media is how it can be used for emergencies like amber alerts. Now fewer people will spot these if they don't have a Twitter account. Most traditional message forums like this one allows people to view posts.

But not Twitter?

Desktop seems unaffected but I'm guessing that won't last long.

I guess I will have to open a skeleton account just to view tweets.

not happy

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm kinda ticked that Twitter allows the Taliban to have an account.

But then Twitter is like most social media to me - any utility it has is outweighed by the vast amount of negatives it has.

Reactions: ps241

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Rugby in New Zealand is another example. How can they be so elite with such a tiny population.

images

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg

Just got home from golfing Granite Hills and drove by your cafe (twice). What a nice looking place... congrats! Sadly we didn't have time to stop in but I'll definitely be checking it out the next time I'm in that area.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm kinda ticked that Twitter allows the Taliban to have an account.

But then Twitter is like most social media to me - any utility it has is outweighed by the vast amount of negatives it has.

I rarely go on Twitter it’s just way too angry and toxic. I post on Facebook/Instagram less than once a year. I observe but honestly my life is not interesting enough for me to torture people with details.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So listening to OB' this morning and Geoff Currier suddenly announces his departure from CJOB!

??

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Just drove by there a few weeks ago. Doesn't happen often, but next time I'll stop in.

Good luck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad