OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Larry David is a kindred spirit. I think I may try his approach with our Xmas gatherings this year. :laugh:

Larry David reveals why he hates Christmas | Winnipeg Sun

I am so right there with Larry on this! I f***ing hate Christmas! There...I said it. It's great if you're younger than say 15 or 16 (when you aren't responsible for doing much of anything other than receiving gifts) but after that it just gets gradually more and more annoying and loathsome. God I hate the music! Ftmp you can avoid the awful movies but the music is everywhere...and I'm starting to have involuntary physical responses to it. It's becoming rage-inducing lol...and the entire gift-giving process is a nightmare that you can't escape from. Even if you manage to come to what seems like a locked agreement with some friend or relative NOT to exchange gifts, they invariably break the contract and give you a gift anyway! You can't escape!!!

My siblings and I have traditionally done the name draw. So every year we draw a name and we each go out and buy a $30 gift for one person. To me, it's a ridiculous process - I'd rather bring $30 in cash with me to our gathering and the five of us sit in a little circle and I'll pass the $30 to the person on my right with a hearty "Merry Christmas" and then they do the same until the $30 arrives back in my hand at which point we're done and we've saved each other from having to do one needless Xmas bank transaction with the associated calculation of how much our account has dwindled and the wrapping or card stuffing.

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I am so right there with Larry on this! I f***ing hate Christmas! There...I said it. It's great if you're younger than say 15 or 16 (when you aren't responsible for doing much of anything other than receiving gifts) but after that it just gets gradually more and more annoying and loathsome. God I hate the music! Ftmp you can avoid the awful movies but the music is everywhere...and I'm starting to have involuntary physical responses to it. It's becoming rage-inducing lol...and the entire gift-giving process is a nightmare that you can't escape from. Even if you manage to come to what seems like a locked agreement with some friend or relative NOT to exchange gifts, they invariably break the contract and give you a gift anyway! You can't escape!!!
Working retail makes it even worse, Christmas music has been pumped through the store since the last week of November, even for us on midnights . :confused: Thank god for headphones .:laugh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Working retail makes it even worse, Christmas music has been pumped through the store since the last week of November, even for us on midnights . :confused: Thank god for headphones .:laugh:

Yes...as a retail worker for 3 and a half decades I can confirm the veracity of that fact. lol...

Paul McCartney should be slapped repeatedly for the turgid piece of Christmas Crap he unleashed upon us all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

If all Xmas music was like this, the world would be a better place. :nod:

My oldest friend's nephew worked the TSO lighting crew for a while. Talk about earning your pay check. Really nice guy who hasn't had an easy life. His mom committed suicide when he was very young. And he married someone who stuck with him only as long as it took for him to support her through her university education, then... poof. Gone.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
What the f*** was I thinking going to a liquor store around noon today to take advantage of a government-run initiative to hand out free KN95 masks to "budget conscious" Winnipeggers and expecting they would still have some available?

upload_2021-12-23_13-33-38.png

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
With apologies to you Gondola and Santa Lucia fans — and heartfelt condolences to you “deep dish” types — Little Pizza Heaven is where it’s at :)

View attachment 493126 View attachment 493127
That look's like a vast improvement over the last time I ate their pizza, granted it was maybe 5 years ago and at the Osborne village location at 2 am.

I've had Red Swan pizza a few times and thought it was quite good.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
That look's like a vast improvement over the last time I ate their pizza, granted it was maybe 5 years ago and at the Osborne village location at 2 am.

I've had Red Swan pizza a few times and thought it was quite good.

I’ll have to give them a try, they’re also in the area. I love thin crust and for that reason alone I’d recommend this — it’s doughy thin, not cracker thin. About like Brooklyn style, just weighed down a bit by actual real topping amounts :)

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
If all Xmas music was like this, the world would be a better place. :nod:

My oldest friend's nephew worked the TSO lighting crew for a while. Talk about earning your pay check. Really nice guy who hasn't had an easy life. His mom committed suicide when he was very young. And he married someone who stuck with him only as long as it took for him to support her through her university education, then... poof. Gone.

I started listening the my TSO playlist the day after Halloween. I f***ing love that shit!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I’ll have to give them a try, they’re also in the area. I love thin crust and for that reason alone I’d recommend this — it’s doughy thin, not cracker thin. About like Brooklyn style, just weighed down a bit by actual real topping amounts :)
Which location is this Pizza Heaven, Transcona?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
What the f*** was I thinking going to a liquor store around noon today to take advantage of a government-run initiative to hand out free KN95 masks to "budget conscious" Winnipeggers and expecting they would still have some available?

View attachment 493112

check Facebook marketplace or Kijiji, free in Winnipeg means take as much as you can and try to capitalize!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

View attachment 493112

I just walked into the LC on North Henderson an hour ago to get wine and beer for Xmas day and was surprised when after ringing me up she said "want a box of masks?" I'd just assumed there were none and had forgotten about them lol...

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I just walked into the LC on North Henderson an hour ago to get wine and beer for Xmas day and was surprised when after ringing me up she said "want a box of masks?" I'd just assumed there were none and had forgotten about them lol...

I'm hoping the news report that these are expired masks will reduce demand. Yes, I know the "official story" is that it was a misprint, but come on... is anyone buying that? No wonder the government got them for cheap at Liquidation World. ;)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'm going to give it a try but if it's crap i'm sending Alanis Morrisette to your place to sing to you.:laugh:

If you can't get Alanis herself, remember that you can mix the sounds of Lucille Ball, a pitbull eating ice cubes, and microphone feedback together in equal parts and you'll in fact improve on the original.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I'm hoping the news report that these are expired masks will reduce demand. Yes, I know the "official story" is that it was a misprint, but come on... is anyone buying that? No wonder the government got them for cheap at Liquidation World. ;)

I heard Audrey Gordon was spotted at Krazy Bins. Coincidence ?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Specialty pizza choices -- "Chicken Alfredo" and "Mexican". Two 12-inches were $33 plus tax, tip, and delivery.

What is the meat on the Mexican? It almost looks like bacon but that wouldn’t make sense. Probably a ground beef. The pizza’s both look mouth watering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad