Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Wait…what?

Yep, from the AHS website:
Screenshot_20210805_213012_com.android.chrome.jpg

Reactions: oilers'72

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Not sure how much difference that date will make. The AV’s have pretty much done what they have wanted since the beginning of Covid anyhow, and will continue to do so.
I guess AV is supposed to stand for ‘anti vaxxer’? It’s kind of strange how that label is getting thrown around these days for people who don’t really meet the traditional criteria of what that word has meant in the past. Kind of like the word vaccine ... which used to mean pretty much guaranteed lifetime immunity from terrible illnesses, and now apparently means ... uh, something much less than that.

Anyway, I certainly agree that it’s crazy that anyone would test positive and go strolling around the neighborhood with no concern for others. I don’t see how anyone could condone that behaviour.

Reactions: nabob and oilers'72

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I guess AV is supposed to stand for ‘anti vaxxer’? It’s kind of strange how that label is getting thrown around these days for people who don’t really meet the traditional criteria of what that word has meant in the past. Kind of like the word vaccine ... which used to mean pretty much guaranteed lifetime immunity from terrible illnesses, and now apparently means ... uh, something much less than that.

Anyway, I certainly agree that it’s crazy that anyone would test positive and go strolling around the neighborhood with no concern for others. I don’t see how anyone could condone that behaviour.

AV is more for those that have denied Covid from the inception, mocked those wearing masks, didn’t practice any social distancing, etc, ignored all restrictions, and believe vaccines will somehow implant a tracking device in them. I separate them from those who are just vaccine hesitant, due to lack of information, scared from the AZ flip flop and not sure what to believe. That group will for the most part come around at some point.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I'm guessing they think this is roughly the maximum number of people to willingly get both shots so it's time to go for herd immunity amongst the rest.

Problem is we are no where close to the 80% tossed around that is needed for herd immunity. We are around 55% of our population being fully vaccinated, which is a bad time to call the war on Covid over.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Problem is we are no where close to the 80% tossed around that is needed for herd immunity. We are around 55% of our population being fully vaccinated, which is a bad time to call the war on Covid over.

Yep it's just as baffling to me as well but with vaccine numbers hitting a plateau, they could also be using the hospital numbers to base decisions on, as they did earlier. Cases are going higher but the hospital admissions aren't all that bad.

It's going to blow up amongst children aged 5-12 once the isolation requirement is lifted because parents will be sending sick kids to school once school opens in a few weeks. Pretending it's gone isn't the best approach but here we are.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Yep it's just as baffling to me as well but with vaccine numbers hitting a plateau, they could also be using the hospital numbers to base decisions on, as they did earlier. Cases are going higher but the hospital admissions aren't all that bad.

It's going to blow up amongst children aged 5-12 once the isolation requirement is lifted because parents will be sending sick kids to school once school opens in a few weeks. Pretending it's gone isn't the best approach but here we are.
In Florida the average age of patients in the hospital was 42 as of the other day. And they are at the highest number they have been at in the pandemic.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I winter in Alberta ;)

Just joking, I'm not rich enough to winter anywhere! :lol: Although I have been there in the winter and would hope to take my kids there so that they can feel the conditions that their family had to farm in so that they can have a greater appreciation for their heritage and how tough their family is and were. No indoor furnace, no running water and no electricity at least at the farm house while my dad was young. My grandmother told me that there were settlers that came to visit Alberta in the summer and stayed and then didn't have the means to return home after the winter was an eye opener for them. No such thing as google back in those days!
When I was a kid we had a cabin that was basically a two room shelter with no running water or electricity that was heated by a wood stove. I loved it! Out here when some people talk of going to their "cabin" this is what they mean. :help:

For sale: 1037 INNISFREE Road, Port Carling, Ontario P0B1J0 - 40147782 | REALTOR.ca

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Supposedly that is what "the science" says we should be doing! Yikes.

I am from Alberta. When I grew up I was under the impression that science in Alberta was pretty much like science everywhere else. I am less sure of that now. Anyone see sudden instances of lack of gravity?

I have gotten a little heavier the last year and a half, if that means anything?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
they should have been using hospitalization numbers to begin with

possibly but they are still extremely-low risk...only 191 people aged 5-19 in Alberta ever required hospitalization...that's 0.4% from people who tested positive (obviously it's an even lower number since they haven't caught everyone with Covid)

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Thanks to all those with offers of support and suggestions for stuff to take to ease pain. Picked up some CBD drops yesterday from a company one of my son's recommended, so we'll see how that goes.
Keep us updated on how it goes. I bought a bottle of CBD a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I didn’t use it for any specific purpose, but I did find my body felt less sore.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
they should have been using hospitalization numbers to begin with

possibly but they are still extremely-low risk...only 191 people aged 5-19 in Alberta ever required hospitalization...that's 0.4% from people who tested positive (obviously it's an even lower number since they haven't caught everyone with Covid)

I'm just more concerned what longterm health effects could be in kids who get it as no one knows what kind of damage it's doing and likely won't until it's studied years down the road. It's too soon to tell now as we're approaching just the second anniversary. For all we know, it could be causing issues which may go unnoticed until adulthood and rear its ugly head at this later point in life. It'll be interesting to see studies in 5, 10, or even 15 years down the road on kids who had covid to see if there are any signs of damage in major organs or persistent health issues which can be linked back to a childhood Covid infection but the health issues went unnoticed or dormant in childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad