OT: OT Thread Part 6: still got a new name faster than Seattle's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton councillors calling on the city to revoke business licences of problem short-term rental properties | Edmonton Journal

The city added the business licence requirement last August to curb some of the concerns by better tracking short-term rental properties. The addition of licensing includes requiring the licence number on all rental postings and adherence to health guidelines from Alberta Health Services.
But of the 1,768 short-term rental properties currently listed in Edmonton, only 15 per cent have received the necessary licence.

Bylaw can't do anything as they only work 8am to 4-m and noise complaints are happening late. Here's an idea hire a bylaw person to go onto airbnb and flag all the properties without a licence. You can then send another guy over to give notices.

f***ing morons running this City and once again not really enforcing jack shit. What is the point of Edmonton Bylaw officers at this point?

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Edmonton councillors calling on the city to revoke business licences of problem short-term rental properties | Edmonton Journal

The city added the business licence requirement last August to curb some of the concerns by better tracking short-term rental properties. The addition of licensing includes requiring the licence number on all rental postings and adherence to health guidelines from Alberta Health Services.
But of the 1,768 short-term rental properties currently listed in Edmonton, only 15 per cent have received the necessary licence.

Bylaw can't do anything as they only work 8am to 4-m and noise complaints are happening late. Here's an idea hire a bylaw person to go onto airbnb and flag all the properties without a licence. You can then send another guy over to give notices.

f***ing morons running this City and once again not really enforcing jack shit. What is the point of Edmonton Bylaw officers at this point?

Sure they're enforcing jack shit. Hell, earlier in the summer I got a letter in the mailbox from city bylaw saying I have to clean the weeds and bricks from my back alley area. As I typically keep a very neat lawn area, I says....."WTF". Walked out to my garbage disposal area in the back alley, looked down the alley at my what I thought was clean area, and low and behold!!! Bricks and weeds. On my neighbors property lol. So I had to phone the city and tell the lady, not in this specific language of course, that they dumbass bylaw officer that put down the address didn't have the right one. Probably didn't even walk up the sidewalk from the alley to get to the front of the houses that actually have the addresses. WOnder if the bylaw is using google maps to deliver people tickets now. Apparently a 1 minute walk to the front to verify address is too much work. :laugh:

Last edited:

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
I'm sorry but I really have to question this. And I'm as anti racist as you can get. This smacks of Political pandering to me to be honest.

EDIT: I've never listened to the show BTW.

Going after a politician is one thing.

Attacking city staff, like he did, crosses a line.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hope Hicks has COVID. 2020 throws another curve ball. If it throws a splitter, that could change the election race completely.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
I do not have a social media presence, but I am curious if teams/players took the time to thank Edmonton and Toronto for hosting the games? Without the cleaning crew, security, kitchen staff they would have been f***ed.

If this virus taught me something, it's how little I value sports and entertainment.

Reactions: bellagiobob

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Maybe the offending Airbnb owners can get an exemption card. :sarcasm:

Reactions: joestevens29

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I do not have a social media presence, but I am curious if teams/players took the time to thank Edmonton and Toronto for hosting the games? Without the cleaning crew, security, kitchen staff they would have been f***ed.

If this virus taught me something, it's how little I value sports and entertainment.

Nope. Most of the asshole players from Tampa said they couldn’t wait to get home where they don’t have to wear masks and thanks to their brain dead governor can party like it’s 2019.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For year, well decades actually, I've wanted a VW campervan. Or related well designed camper van. What I haven' wanted is buying an old one as these things typically have high high mileage on them. Basically the people that buy these are either mechanic junkies or have access to one and parts are even hard to find.

I also don't want to overpay on a van conversion. Those are astronomically expensive. So a year ago, after decades of frustration not having what I would want in this market place I heard of the new VW "California" Van. The next thing I saw is that it isn't available here, and won't be. At 50K starting these loaded vans would blow up the market here as well as putting much more expensive conversions aside.

Beauty. But not here..

It’s Absurd the New VW California Camper Van Isn’t Sold in the US—Here’s Why

Would anybody else buy one of these. I'd drop 50K on it in a heartbeat. Love these things.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
For year, well decades actually, I've wanted a VW campervan. Or related well designed camper van. What I haven' wanted is buying an old one as these things typically have high high mileage on them. Basically the people that buy these are either mechanic junkies or have access to one and parts are even hard to find.

I also don't want to overpay on a van conversion. Those are astronomically expensive. So a year ago, after decades of frustration not having what I would want in this market place I heard of the new VW "California" Van. The next thing I saw is that it isn't available here, and won't be. At 50K starting these loaded vans would blow up the market here as well as putting much more expensive conversions aside.

Beauty. But not here..

It’s Absurd the New VW California Camper Van Isn’t Sold in the US—Here’s Why

Would anybody else buy one of these. I'd drop 50K on it in a heartbeat. Love these things.

Interesting that they aren't available here. Would think there would be a market for them. On a side note, we've all found our own way during the pandemic to replace the time we used to put into watching sports, and I've gotten back into doing jigsaw puzzles. Haven't done one in around 20 years, but used to enjoy them. So picked up a few in the spring, and have been doing a couple a week since. One of the ones I did was this VW van one, which was fun to do, except for the windshields. ;)

93a3536e55126c3230d7b8493f1a0b9c.jpg

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Interesting that they aren't available here. Would think there would be a market for them. On a side note, we've all found our own way during the pandemic to replace the time we used to put into watching sports, and I've gotten back into doing jigsaw puzzles. Haven't done one in around 20 years, but used to enjoy them. So picked up a few in the spring, and have been doing a couple a week since. One of the ones I did was this VW van one, which was fun to do, except for the windshields. ;)

93a3536e55126c3230d7b8493f1a0b9c.jpg

They're made in Europe and VW figures there isn't enough of a market here which is flat out ridiculous. The other thing the VW spokesperson stated was that in Europe theres so many places you need a smaller vehicle narrow roads and such and that this isn't the case here and that you can drive the big rigs anywhere and people just want that.. its all bs. Person never went to the mountains here or backroads or anything like that. People LOVE VW vans here.

heh, on that puzzle the windows would be hard.

VW is supposed to come out with an Electric Van for this continent. Looks like they got it backwards. the market for those is shit here. Just can't understand what VW is thinking. To go and call it the "California" van and not sell it here just seems like a middle finger from VW. Or they are making the market here salivate to the point that it explodes if they ever are released here. I mean as it is circuits are forming where people are trying to find ways to have these shipped over and have collectors sites and such trying to navigate/coordinate how to do that, and even at exchange rates that is worse than if they were sold here.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
They're made in Europe and VW figures there isn't enough of a market here which is flat out ridiculous. The other thing the VW spokesperson stated was that in Europe theres so many places you need a smaller vehicle narrow roads and such and that this isn't the case here and that you can drive the big rigs anywhere and people just want that.. its all bs. Person never went to the mountains here or backroads or anything like that. People LOVE VW vans here.

heh, on that puzzle the windows would be hard.

VW is supposed to come out with an Electric Van for this continent. Looks like they got it backwards. the market for those is shit here. Just can't understand what VW is thinking. To go and call it the "California" van and not sell it here just seems like a middle finger from VW. Or they are making the market here salivate to the point that it explodes if they ever are released here. I mean as it is circuits are forming where people are trying to find ways to have these shipped over and have collectors sites and such trying to navigate/coordinate how to do that, and even at exchange rates that is worse than if they were sold here.

It is true you can fit a big rig onto just about any street, people arent very friendly about it sometimes though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad