OT: OT thread number 10 | Target Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Plus one of the Russian oligarchs 500 million dollar yachts was stolen in Southern France. Ive read unconfirmed reports they were Ukrainians who then popped the drain plugs and sunk it lol. I doubt that happened as I’m sure it would have made western headline news by now but BBC (iirc) reported and corroborated reports I’ve read out of Eastern Europe this morning about it being stolen.

Here is the actual story. Confirmed - guy went and sunk it lol.

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
If anything was to take out Putin's criminal organization, it was always going to be sanctions. I don't think anyone expected the international community to come together and step on the regime's throat in such a decisive way through sanctions. The international community is about to turn the Russian economy to dust, and, maybe as importantly, vowed to track down every asset outside of Russia that's owned by oligarchs. We just might, as slim a chance it is, see Putin's regime taken down from the inside. I will buy the expensive scotch if that happens.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If anything was to take out Putin's criminal organization, it was always going to be sanctions. I don't think anyone expected the international community to come together and step on the regime's throat in such a decisive way through sanctions. The international community is about to turn the Russian economy to dust, and, maybe as importantly, vowed to track down every asset outside of Russia that's owned by oligarchs. We just might, as slim a chance it is, see Putin's regime taken down from the inside. I will buy the expensive scotch if that happens.

And I vow right here and now on this day and upon this sacred land that I stand, that I shall help you drink it.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
And I vow right here and now on this day and upon this sacred land that I stand, that I shall help you drink it.
images

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Finland precedes any decision from the IIHF and says Russia and Belarus will not be allowed to play in the hockey world championships in the country in May. IIHF will decide today about Russia’s participation at the WHC and WJHC.
Finland demands Russia, Belarus be excluded from ice hockey world championship
The Finnish Ice Hockey Association has stated in a press release that it will not accept Russia and Belarus playing at this year's world championship finals, scheduled to be played in Finland in May.
The association added that the two countries should be barred from all international ice hockey events due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Nordic combined athlete, Barkov, when asked about the crisis after a race yesterday:
NRK: is it difficult to compete with all that is happening in the world?
Barkov: what is happening in the world?
NRK: there is a war.
Barkov: Where?
NRK: in the Ukraine.
Barkov: Ah in Ukraine there is a rescue, saving operation.

Off mic (paraphrasing from news):
NRK: Could you explain that?
Barkov: You know, lots of people in Eastern Ukraine are under pressure, so I think some have to … This is not our field, I’m an athlete, let’s not talk politics.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
These ads on HFBoards are starting to get out of hand. I get using ads to support the website and keeping it up, but these ads don't need to be intrusive. Like that Corona AD where it'll just play with sound without ANY warning. And when you are on your phone, it's hard to close it. This is why I have no regrets using ad blocks on my PC.

Reactions: oilers'72

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Sadly there is graphic footage of civilian dead I won’t post. Putin going full Hitler in indiscriminate civilian bombing and attacks on cities.

You’d the leader of Russia would fully understand the number one lesson of what saved his own country in WW2.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If Putin can use this to his advantage by saying that the whole world is attacking us to garner support he might somehow make it through all of this. If the opposite happens then this might be his last stand.

He is saying the EU is being an aggressor by providing arms to Ukraine and sanctions. His pretext to escalate.

Oh and then there’s this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad