Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just a PSA for those who may not be aware:

The province's mask mandate ends tomorrow. The city of Edmonton's bylaw does not. In the city of Edmonton, masks are still required indoors. City council will meet on March 8th to discuss the mandate as it stands. Whether you follow those bylaws or not is of course up to you.

Mods, I certainly don't want to break any rules or go off-topic. No intended debate, just providing the info incase people aren't aware.

Stay safe everyone.

I am glad the City will revisit masks. The current criteria was developed for the much deadlier Delta strain and when far less were single vaxxed nvm triple vaxxed as many are now.

I just bought a new winter camo pack of masks lol.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
International cross-country skiing federation refuses to ban Russian athletes from competing (so far), despite the request from three of the biggest nations. Review again of the decision today and tomorrow before this weekend’s World Cup races in Norway.

In the meantime, the main ski sponsor in Norway responds by designing the number tag vests as Ukrainian flags. If you race you’ll be racing with that flag on :laugh:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I am glad the City will revisit masks. The current criteria was developed for the much deadlier Delta strain and when far less were single vaxxed nvm triple vaxxed as many are now.

I just bought a new winter camo pack of masks lol.
The only thing that pisses me off is everyone else is going no masks and we are waiting to talk about it. Be nice if City Council actual was on top of things, but I see same shit.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It’s pretty much automatic, I’ll probably still have my mask on half the time just out of habit

Lol, I'm the opposite. I work from home for the most part, so I'm maybe in a store/restaurant two or three times a week tops, so even after two years of this I still find myself doing the walk of shame back to my vehicle to retrieve my mask. ;)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He can't seem to make up his mind what he wants municipalities to do. Wasn't long ago he said this: "Why no provincial mask mandate? Because municipalities can enact their own, local bylaws "and we respect their authority to do so."
Wants tax money to start flowing again. All those sin taxes aren't what they use to be.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Wants tax money to start flowing again. All those sin taxes aren't what they use to be.

Oh I get why he's doing it. And I agree that we need continuity across the province. But we also needed it back when he was fine delegating the hard decisions to municipalities.

Reactions: Stoneman89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad