OT: Thinking of moving to Philly

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
That's awesome man. I live right by 16th and Fairmount - nice area. Getting more and more gentrified, and places that were previously public housing are being swept up by developers (and also new construction - I'm sure you've seen the stuff on the ridge triangle).

Definitely check out Alla Spina - great place. Run by Marc Vetri, one of the top chefs in Philly (see Osteria, Vetri, I forget the name of his other). They have a great late-night happy hour with snacks and decent drink specials Sunday-Thursday after 10:30.

If you want a real great place, check out Prohibition taproom on 13th and Spring Garden. It's a little hipster joint with some of the best food and beer I've found in Philly. Great crowd, and the GM John (bald young guy) is a huge Flyers fan. They typically don't play sports, but you can guarantee he'll have all of the Flyers games on. It's right next to a brand new gourmet pizza place too called Bufad - it's a BYOB too, which is cool.

I was reading about that place and I am sure that I will check that out soon. It looks awesome. Especially since they've got Flyers games on all the time! :yo:

SilkyMitts

Apr 29, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
welcome, glad you like it so far. xfinity has to be the best place in the city to watch a flyers, or really any philly team games.

i also catch some games at drinkers. cheap beer, can get as rowdy as you want and oh lawd, great tacos for cheap. theres 3 locations, west philly - the biggest one and most TV's, usually dead ass empty unless a weekend night. center city, gets packed on weekends. old city, same type as west philly but way smaller and less tv's. their tacos, are easily my favorite cheap/bar food around. my opinion ofcourse

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
welcome, glad you like it so far. xfinity has to be the best place in the city to watch a flyers, or really any philly team games.

i also catch some games at drinkers. cheap beer, can get as rowdy as you want and oh lawd, great tacos for cheap. theres 3 locations, west philly - the biggest one and most TV's, usually dead ass empty unless a weekend night. center city, gets packed on weekends. old city, same type as west philly but way smaller and less tv's. their tacos, are easily my favorite cheap/bar food around. my opinion ofcourse

I'm really excited to watch a game at XFinity Live. I'm sure it's amazing. I have also read about Drinkers and will be there at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad