OT: Spittin Chiclets state the Tom Wilson scrum was routine

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Existing in the hockey world, you see samples of their content, but I've never actually sought out an episode of it and I wouldn't.

Bissonnette picks fight with people so he can tell them he played in the NHL and Whitney has been telling people they're triggered for the last seven years.

If you want to listen to two bros who used to be mediocre athletes have the same conversation over and over again, you could sit in any bar and get it with less arrogance and alcohol on standby just in case.
Agree to disagree but hockey fans, I’m sure yourself included, always complain about the NHL’s lack of personality and how we barely know the guys compared to how well other sports fans know their athletes. Always the same cookie cutter pucks in deep interviews. Players are way more loosened up talking to them than any of the boring journalists, you get to hear funny stories and about stuff they went through that they wouldn’t share on another platform.

I know you think they’re stereotypical dumb jocks lol but they have a little more depth than you’re giving them credit for. They had a really good interview with MacKinnon about the mental health side of being a professional athlete and how he was getting in his own head about being seen as a bust earlier in his career. Talked about having to go see a sports therapist and everything, they are well intentioned guys and a lot of people would assume they would make fun of people dealing with those kind of issues.

I don’t know if you consume much hockey content outside of watching the actual sport itself but I find most of it painfully boring. Listening to Tim & Sid, or any of those boring people on Sportsnet is nails on a chalkboard for me

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
In almost all my posts on the matter I also said it was Wilson CLEARING THE CREASE. His crosscheck on Buchevnich was poorly placed but everything else about it was completely clean. Panarin jumped in and got ragdolled - his own fault. Strome jumped in and got ragdolled - his own fault.

The truth is the hands in the face and crosschecks to the chest/back happen multiple times a game...Wilson just messed his crosscheck up a bit AND SHOULDVE GOTTEN 1 GAME.

The way NYR handled the situation was a travesty. Like a JV highschool team...all emotion and zero ration. They tried to jump Wilson and failed. They pleaded with the public for support (and got it) only to turn around the next game and do EXACTLY what they said was WRONG.

BTW Buchevnich crosscheck on Mantha was WORSE than Wilson on Buchevnich. Hopefully Wilson has a chat with Buchevnich next year
So what you are saying is Panarin shouldn't have tried to stop Wilson from attacking a defenseless Buch. That he deserved his murder attempt.
Dipshit

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
One of the most listened to podcasts in the world and the top hockey podcast run by guys who played in the show. Yeah nbd. You know more

It is a popular podcast and I listen from time to time. It went to far for me when he was manhandling pannarin the way he did. It felt like a bully beating on someone who couldnt defend themselves, showed no mercy. I get Panarin jumped on his back but he had an obligation to and clearly had no intention of doing much else but hang on. Wilson just went one step to far imo if he left it at buch I guess I could accept the play.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Agree to disagree but hockey fans, I’m sure yourself included, always complain about the NHL’s lack of personality and how we barely know the guys compared to how well other sports fans know their athletes. Always the same cookie cutter pucks in deep interviews. Players are way more loosened up talking to them than any of the boring journalists, you get to hear funny stories and about stuff they went through that they wouldn’t share on another platform.

I know you think they’re stereotypical dumb jocks lol but they have a little more depth than you’re giving them credit for. They had a really good interview with MacKinnon about the mental health side of being a professional athlete and how he was getting in his own head about being seen as a bust earlier in his career. Talked about having to go see a sports therapist and everything, they are well intentioned guys and a lot of people would assume they would make fun of people dealing with those kind of issues.

I don’t know if you consume much hockey content outside of watching the actual sport itself but I find most of it painfully boring. Listening to Tim & Sid, or any of those boring people on Sportsnet is nails on a chalkboard for me
I think they are the same cookie cutter personality.

They're all Al Bundy. That's what, 1987?

Glad to hear they can make it through an interview about mental illness without making fun of mental illness. That's quite an accomplishment. They still made fun of Panarin almost getting spiked head-first into the ice, but I'm glad to hear they're working on being adults.

Reactions: Siddi

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Their reactions would be vastly different if it was David Pastrnak being thrown to the ice, specifically RA and Grinnell.

It's whatever, they have some incredible interviews and content but they are loudly wrong sometimes.

Recently the show is only worth listening to when they have a big name guest because their hockey opinions are getting more and more off.

Really the show has gone downhill borderline unlistenable since the JR fiasco

Reactions: haveandare

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
The moment Captain Ryan sends the neanderthal into the boards head first with a clean hit, they'll be discussing it like nothing happened. No credibility no slice of humble pie in sight, mark my words.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I think they are the same cookie cutter personality.

They're all Al Bundy. That's what, 1987?

Glad to hear they can make it through an interview about mental illness without making fun of mental illness. That's quite an accomplishment. They still made fun of Panarin almost getting spiked head-first into the ice, but I'm glad to hear they're working on being adults.
They’re all what? :laugh:

Have you had your coffee this morning? You seem grumpy :( lol they more than sat through an interview without laughing about it, Paul Bissonnette is one of the biggest advocates for it in the hockey world. He was dealing with depression and went to psychologists himself and has talked about it at length lol he is a soft and caring guy behind that exterior, and talks about how a lot of tough guys in hockey deal with mental health issues later in life because of how they had to appear so tough and separate themselves from emotions when throwing punches

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
In almost all my posts on the matter I also said it was Wilson CLEARING THE CREASE. His crosscheck on Buchevnich was poorly placed but everything else about it was completely clean. Panarin jumped in and got ragdolled - his own fault. Strome jumped in and got ragdolled - his own fault.

The truth is the hands in the face and crosschecks to the chest/back happen multiple times a game...Wilson just messed his crosscheck up a bit AND SHOULDVE GOTTEN 1 GAME.

The way NYR handled the situation was a travesty. Like a JV highschool team...all emotion and zero ration. They tried to jump Wilson and failed. They pleaded with the public for support (and got it) only to turn around the next game and do EXACTLY what they said was WRONG.

BTW Buchevnich crosscheck on Mantha was WORSE than Wilson on Buchevnich. Hopefully Wilson has a chat with Buchevnich next year
what about the punch to the back of Buch's head while he lay defenseless on the ice? Pretty sure there's precedent for this being a VERY dangerous move.

The Panarin thing I kind of hear the counter argument, Wilson didn't need to ragdoll him to the ice without his helmet on but in the heat of the moment if you feel jumped you attack back. He should have shrugged him off and pushed him but whatever. The Buch punch, which is clearly to the face/head based on replay, should have given Wilson a few games to stew.

Defenders are soap boxing their story without answering any of the points raised by others.

THATS HOCKEY
But this is different because-
I SAID THATS HOCKEY

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They’re all what? :laugh:

Have you had your coffee this morning? You seem grumpy :( lol they more than sat through an interview without laughing about it, Paul Bissonnette is one of the biggest advocates for it in the hockey world. He was dealing with depression and went to psychologists himself and has talked about it at length lol he is a soft and caring guy behind that exterior, and talks about how a lot of tough guys in hockey deal with mental health issues later in life because of how they had to appear so tough and separate themselves from emotions when throwing punches
Al Bundy? I keep forgetting that you were born in like 2007 :laugh:

Al Bundy is a character in an old sitcom who was a star football player before he got hurt at 16, and he never made it past 16 mentally. So now he has to navigate adulthood and it's a whole thing.

I think that's a huge problem with hockey personalities. They were big deals in hockey at 12, 13, then they played pro for a bunch of years, and now they're man-children who have never had a real job. I think, in a lot of ways, they got stuck at that age.

They just see Wilson as the bully at school and if he beats you up, that's normal. Yeah, I get it, I used to fight every other day when I was 12. They have no concept that a physical attack can end your life when you're dealing with grown men.

I also think they lack the empathy to understand how things affect people. When they upset somebody or talk about upsetting content (a lot of Rangers fans were PISSED about this), there's a tendency (for Whitney in particular) to lean on the "lol trigggurd" shtick which is something a teenager says. Guy, you're 38. The only thing you should be triggering is the lawn mower.

And that's why I just don't think they're funny. They're almost 40 and having conversations from high school.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Ryan Whitney sounds like Jeremy Renner's character from The Town on oxy and vodka doing imitations of all the characters in The Departed

Reactions: Vaheh

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
So what you are saying is Panarin shouldn't have tried to stop Wilson from attacking a defenseless Buch. That he deserved his murder attempt.
Dipshit

There are actually alternative ways to defuse a situation from either doing nothing or blindsiding somebody and jumping on them from behind.

"Dipshit"

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
what about the punch to the back of Buch's head while he lay defenseless on the ice? Pretty sure there's precedent for this being a VERY dangerous move.

There was no punch to the head. It was ribs or shoulders. Try to take your emotions out of it because youre getting too worked up.

The Panarin thing I kind of hear the counter argument, Wilson didn't need to ragdoll him to the ice without his helmet on but in the heat of the moment if you feel jumped you attack back. He should have shrugged him off and pushed him but whatever. The Buch punch, which is clearly to the face/head based on replay, should have given Wilson a few games to stew.

The punch wasnt to the head but yeah Panarin handled the situation poorly.

Defenders are soap boxing their story without answering any of the points raised by others.

THATS HOCKEY
But this is different because-
I SAID THATS HOCKEY

Players clear their goalie crease EVERY GAME. Buchevnich is literally up against the goalie legpads in his crease. Wilson was sending a message to stay out of the crease but his crosscheck was poorly placed...that shouldve got a suspension. The punch afterward is commonpractice and did not really look harmful but it definitely sent NYR over the edge.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
There was no punch to the head. It was ribs or shoulders. Try to take your emotions out of it because youre getting too worked up.

Players clear their goalie crease EVERY GAME. Buchevnich is literally up against the goalie legpads in his crease. Wilson was sending a message to stay out of the crease but his crosscheck was poorly placed...that shouldve got a suspension. The punch afterward is commonpractice and did not really look harmful but it definitely sent NYR over the edge.

Are you lost, bud?

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
The few times these guys are actually interesting is when they talk about what happens off the ice and not on it.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

He literally ran away in the 2nd period like a gaping p***y

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
There are actually alternative ways to defuse a situation from either doing nothing or blindsiding somebody and jumping on them from behind.

"Dipshit"
Panarin wasnt jumping him he was literally taking him off Strome and that nutcase still tried to murder him. Even if he did "jump him" Wilson went way above any normal response
Dipshit

Reactions: Number 9

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

The majority of the hockey world thinks Wilson is the biggest piece of shit in the game. Go defend him on the main boards where your amazing arguments can reach their greatest audience.

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
You started the thread to try to troll people. Do you think you're too clever that people don't realize that?
Apparently he wasn't wrong about that. To be fair, it doesn't require being clever to get people to respond to trolling.

Fish in a barrel.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

Chill pal, you're way too emotional over this, it's just a game

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Meh. It’s over and done with. Overall, even though I have much disdain for Wilson and his actions, I prefer a more violent NHL overall. So it is what it is. The Spittin Chiclets guys want a violent NHL too. Can’t hate em for that.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Wilson is friendly with the guys on the podcast. If they don’t kiss Wilson’s ass then he won’t come on the podcast anymore - that’s basically how chiclets works. They know they will never need to have Panarin or Buch on so it’s fine by them. But it’s just more ass kissery from the “Players Podcast”. Haven’t listened to them in almost a full year.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad